PA PA - Tracy King, 14, Littlestown, 8 July 1975

If I weren't too anxious to call LE myself, I'd take a bet that she might be The Cheerleader in the Trunk: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I lived in Frederick for a while- it's basically Southern Adams County, and lots of people from that part of PA travel around there. Plus, she matches the possible age range, hair color, height. Facial reconstruction looks similar too.

If I weren't too anxious to call LE myself, I'd take a bet that she might be The Cheerleader in the Trunk: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I lived in Frederick for a while- it's basically Southern Adams County, and lots of people from that part of PA travel around there. Plus, she matches the possible age range, hair color, height. Facial reconstruction looks similar too.

It is a possibility. Here is a photo comparison:

tracy_anne_king_1.jpg
image-2-3.jpg

Tracy Anne King, age14, 5 ft 3 in tall
Missing since 8 July 1975 from Gettysburg/Littlestown, PA
NCMEC Number: 701787

Case Photo

Unidentified Person, 5 ft 4 in tall (estimated)
Found 1982 near Frederick, MD
NamUs #UP7477

It is a possibility. Here is a photo comparison:

tracy_anne_king_1.jpg
image-2-3.jpg

Tracy Anne King, age14, 5 ft 3 in tall
Missing since 8 July 1975 from Gettysburg/Littlestown, PA
NCMEC Number: 701787

Case Photo

Unidentified Person, 5 ft 4 in tall (estimated)
Found 1982 near Frederick, MD
NamUs #UP7477
I see a resemblance for sure. My son goes to Gettysburg College. He is home on break and I just asked him if he knew where Littlestown was, he had no clue. I have been thru Frederick many times and that distance is pretty close. I wonder if she was ever compared even though she is not ruled out on NamUs. (I need to go thru Cheerleader in the Trunks thread)

That's what I was wondering, too. I was surprised I didn't see her as an exclusion.

New to this case, who is LE?

Short for "Law Enforcement." I ended up suggesting it as a match to Doe Network, so we'll see where it goes.

Sorry for leaving this thread here. So I submitted Tracy King as a potential match to "The Cheerleader in the Trunk," and while it was forwarded to law enforcement, it was confirmed not to be a match via dental records.

There is definitely some confusion surrounding this case.

There were a couple of articles in the Gettysburg Times archives.

One is the 1975 article that was mentioned on page one of this thread:

Police report that Stephanie Capwell, 16, and Tracey King, 14, left the Hoffman home, Littlestown R.D. on Tuesday and have not returned. They described Miss Capwell as a Hawaiian, five feet one inch tall weighing 100 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Miss King was described as five feet three inches tall, weighing 110 pounds, red hair and blue eyes.

I had done a quick search awhile back for Stephanie, and found a classmates or similar site where it appeared that she had signed up with Hoffman Homes as her school. I assumed she was no longer missing.

After being in contact with one of Tracy's family members who was interested in trying to contact Stephanie, I looked further and can't find any other record of her. After looking more at the classmates entry, there was no contact info, really no data that indicates she ever signed up. Anyone could have put that there from a yearbook, etc. Now I think they are both missing.

Another article from 2010 states:

It was 35 years ago when Tracy King went roller skating with a group of kids from Hoffman Homes for Youth. It was then that she disappeared and she is still missing to this day.

Tracy's mother was vocal at the time, she is quoted as saying that nobody notified her that Tracy was missing for at least a week, and that in the time following Tracy's disappearance her husband passed away, her house burned down, and she broke her neck in a car accident.

She is still alive from what I was told, but in poor health.
I think it would be great to know Stephanie's testimony. I found this obituary, it mentions an Stephanie from Ephrata among the survivors, I wonder if it's her.
I only could read the OCR article and it's very confusing, it mentions funeral services (I suppose it is mixed)... The last sighting is not clear at all, so Stephanie's testimony could provide a lot of information.
Can someone tell me if she has been ruled out as Perry County Jane Doe?
1689246477331.jpg

I think it would be great to know Stephanie's testimony. I found this obituary, it mentions an Stephanie from Ephrata among the survivors, I wonder if it's her.
I only could read the OCR article and it's very confusing, it mentions funeral services (I suppose it is mixed)... The last sighting is not clear at all, so Stephanie's testimony could provide a lot of information.
Can someone tell me if she has been ruled out as Perry County Jane Doe?
View attachment 434408
Tracy is listed among the 70 rule-outs. Hoping PCJD gets her name back soon...

I have the impression that this girl was abused at home, not by her parents directly, but by a relative or uncle, grandfather, etc... no child wants to be away from her parents and if she says she had problems at home, maybe she couldn't stand being there. there but being a minor send her to that place that is like an orphanage since she had her parents... as a minor she cannot decide that on her own what I believe is that she was either kidnapped and murdered or she left with someone that he met right there...
either way
rest in peace

...Old newspaper articles tell slightly different versions of her disappearance.

One article claims that Tracy did not leave the home alone – she and another teen, Stephanie, ran away at the same time. On July 11, three days after their disappearance, neither girl had been located. It is unknown if Stephanie is still missing...

Another article from the same newspaper states that Tracy had gone roller skating with a group of kids from Hoffman Homes, and it was then that she disappeared...

Tracy’s family does not believe that she would have disappeared voluntarily for more than a couple days. They state that she had no money, and was close to her sisters...

LINK:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back