Parents Upset After Kids Are Strip-Searched at Camp

Nice work Csds!!
I 100% AGREE with what you and Jeana posted. My family was notorious for doing that.
I always hated it and never did the same to my kids.

OMG If someone stripe searched my child, I'd -slap that counselor to the moon. THIS is exactly how pedophiles lure children into undressing for them.
This makes me furious.
Me too! My kids would always call me if they didn't feel right about following instructions...they were never disrespectful, but made it known they wanted to call me first. I did get into with one teacher who refused to let him call me, and he refused to follow her demand. He called me when she sent him to the principal. Forgot what it was about, but he was in 3rd grade at the time.

A felony warrants a strip search by an entity of a Law Enforcement State or Federal facility.
$140.00 is not a felony. The counselors were not State or Federal Law Enforcement entities.

Misdemeanors are not strip searched prior to arraignment. They are only pat searched, unless reasonable suspicion exists. It takes alot for that and the supervisor makes the ultimate decision.

The counselors had no legal right at all to ask any child to shed their clothing.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

This whole thing is ridiculous!

I once had an argument with my in laws for this exact issue.
They told my daughter to go over and kiss "Aunt So and So".
She grabbed my leg and I picked her up explaining that she didn't know her. They told me that I was teaching her to be disrespectful. I disagreed and told them that I was teaching her to be cautious of strangers.
When my kids were small I did the same thing. I also had an uncle who always drove the 'most current' sports car's and he always wanted to take my girls for a ride. I said," nope, not gonna happen."
My girls didn't know him--they only saw him once every year or so....I didn't allow him to take my girls out in his cars....saw no need for him to do so.

When my kids were small I did the same thing. I also had an uncle who always drove the 'most current' sports car's and he always wanted to take my girls for a ride. I said," nope, not gonna happen."
My girls didn't know him--they only saw him once every year or so....I didn't allow him to take my girls out in his cars....saw no need for him to do so.

I won't even allow the GA leader at a church to take my grand daughter to some sort of event coming up out of town. I allowed church camp, but that's it.

I once had an argument with my in laws for this exact issue.
They told my daughter to go over and kiss "Aunt So and So".
She grabbed my leg and I picked her up explaining that she didn't know her. They told me that I was teaching her to be disrespectful. I disagreed and told them that I was teaching her to be cautious of strangers.

Absolutely!! Its their body and their personal space and they need to know that if they don't feel comfortable doing something, they can and should speak up~! When grown ups don't understand this, its hard to make kids understand it.

I would have gone with the girls. I LOVE sports cars!! If an adult doesn't want the parent around for whatever reason, you know all you need to know about that person!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back