Identified! Patchwork Calico Shirt and Bell Bottom Jeans

They look very much alike to me. Although, in the other photo of Connie, she seems to have an overbite, which is hard to tell in the straight on UIF. Another thing about the teeth that bother me is that Connie's teeth don't appear to have any spaces, whereas the UIF seems to have quite a lot of spacing. Connie's eye teeth fall below the line of the teeth whereas the UIF's eye teeth do not. Connie's chin is a bit more pointed and if you look at the lower part of the face, it doesn't seem to be the same shape. The UIF's is more rounded.

I think it's close enough to check on, but my personal opinion is that it isn't her...unfortunately. :(

There is a BIG resemblance except for the nose and the teeth. Left pic looks very young feminine. Right pic in flower shirts looks mature. In documentaries I have seen before and after pics of street people involved in drugs and their teeth and nose are the first to change and they start to look mature. Older than their age. I'm guessing because i can't find any background info on Connie. Was she a chronic runaway, on drugs, prostitution etc. Or perhaps the agency is showing a very young pic of her.

The June 9, 1978 disappearance date appears to work with the timeline. Later in the same month he killed Charlotte Lamb.

What probably doesn't work is that wedding ring.

02151-ring.jpg

There is a BIG resemblance except for the nose and the teeth. Left pic looks very young feminine. Right pic in flower shirts looks mature. In documentaries I have seen before and after pics of street people involved in drugs and their teeth and nose are the first to change and they start to look mature. Older than their age. I'm guessing because i can't find any background info on Connie. Was she a chronic runaway, on drugs, prostitution etc. Or perhaps the agency is showing a very young pic of her.

People's faces can change pretty rapidly toward a more grown-up look in their teens. If Alcala's picture is Connie, it was likely taken on the day of her disappearance. It could be as much as a year later than the left one.

You're right. There is NO--and I mean NO--background on Connie. She had a remarkably unremarked disappearance. Of the Google hits you get, not one is a newspaper story. Not from back then. Not from the tenth or the twentieth anniversary detailing the Cold Case Unit's efforts. Just the usual blogs repeating what the national databases say, which is nothing. That wedding ring could shut down the whole question once and for all if the usual assumption that a 17-year-old is unmarried could be confirmed. I can't find a thing.

Ok, now I see the difference and these 2 are not the same girl! Sorry to waste everyones time!

sarcoumor, thank you. No it was not a waste of time. You are appreciated.

I do not believe this is Connie. This person is definately a natural redhead. Connie definately is not.

I think its a man. The hands says it all.

You've got my vote also. "Dude looks like a lady".

And it's not just the appearance of the hands (because I work with a woman who has 'man hands', and you would never guess that those hands went with the rest of her body...lol)

IMO, It is also in the development of the arms, chest and shoulders area. The arm leaning against the tree appears a masculine, muscular forearm, and into the upper arm and shoulder appear, they are 'male-like'. But a woman's arm, the wrist to forearm, upper arm to shoulders, would transition less noticeably, IMO. And I do not see a woman's chest-area, either.

Also, cross-dressing was just starting to become less stigmatized...

This person is weary a woman's blouse and women's shoes so I guess you would have to call him a crossdresser.

I think those crazy high-heeled and thick-soled shoes are making her look more male than she otherwise would. I was just now ready to say she was obviously too tall to be Connie (who is/was 5'5") until I realized that her footwear is adding lots of height.

She does look big-boned, but I'm still seeing female. She looks something like a woman I used to work for in the late 70s. That woman got a LOT shorter when she took her footwear off. She also got more dainty and feminine.

I'm with you. No way it's a wasp-waisted male in high-heeled open-toed shoes.

MinchacaSideBySide.jpg

More to the point, looks like her to me. She even has the same freckles on the creases under her eyes and on the sides of her nose. While the part in her hair has moved over a bit, it's exactly the same shape.

Unless Ms. Minchaca had a nose job I say no way. Look at how close Connie's tip of her nose is to her upper lip. The other man/lady has a nose where the tip is further from the top lip.

Unless Ms. Minchaca had a nose job I say no way. Look at how close Connie's tip of her nose is to her upper lip. The other man/lady has a nose where the tip is further from the top lip.

I'd been kidding myself the smile was making all the difference, but you have it. Funky Shirt has a long lip and a rounded chin.

You've got my vote also. "Dude looks like a lady".

And it's not just the appearance of the hands (because I work with a woman who has 'man hands', and you would never guess that those hands went with the rest of her body...lol)

IMO, It is also in the development of the arms, chest and shoulders area. The arm leaning against the tree appears a masculine, muscular forearm, and into the upper arm and shoulder appear, they are 'male-like'. But a woman's arm, the wrist to forearm, upper arm to shoulders, would transition less noticeably, IMO. And I do not see a woman's chest-area, either.

Also, cross-dressing was just starting to become less stigmatized...
If you have ever watched those retro documentaries about cross dressing back in those days this person has that cross dressing look pat down to a T.

I still think that this is just a masculine looking female. I doubt very much that Alcala would take a posed photo of a man dressed in women's clothing. I remember women back in the 70's that dressed this way. I just think that the cross dresser theory is way off base. Alcala was interested in little girls and beautiful women that he could torture, rape and murder. Basically, a coward. I could never see him even taking a second look at someone that didn't fit his ideal victim. Perhaps this woman was the mother of one of the little girls he wanted to try to ingratiate himself to and took her picture to show her what a professional he was. Perhaps she was his landlord or a neighbor. This woman does not fit the profile of his victims.

I have been reviewing old media links. Alcala spent much of the 70's in prison. He was extensively investigated. There are a number of live witnesses who give a picture of how he operated. There was no interest in cross dressers, transsexuals ever uncovered. We need to get off the subject. Alcala preyed on women and little girls. MOO

I am still working on grouping pictures by location. If we can narrow the time to a period of his known apartment locations, we can narrow the search for victims. There are two pictures I am classifying as "gray location." I don't know how to put pictures side by side but hope someone can help. Do these two pictures look like they could be at the same location? Can someone help?

from http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/04/21/alcala.photos.pdf

Communion girl #191
Funky shirt #219

I am still working on grouping pictures by location. If we can narrow the time to a period of his known apartment locations, we can narrow the search for victims. There are two pictures I am classifying as "gray location." I don't know how to put pictures side by side but hope someone can help. Do these two pictures look like they could be at the same location? Can someone help?

Communion girl #191
Funky shirt #219

Its hard to say. It looks like it could be. The windows look very similar, but the outside exterior is totally different. That's not to say that one might have been in the front and one might have been in the back.

What if this was taken at his niece's communion and this was just a guest who saw him with his camera and asked to have her picture taken? I wonder if we could find out if his sisters had any little girls. It could have been ANY little girl though, but has to be someone he knew because the little girl is very happy and seems familiar with him.

I've said it before in a thread and will say again here. With the exception of the girl in the woods, I don't think any of the outdoor photos led to a murder or, if they did later on (he followed them, etc.) we don't have a photo of them in that situation.

Communion girl #191
Funky shirt #219

Glad to oblige. I see a similarity of setting but not the same patio IMHO.

FunkyCommunion.jpg

Thanks so much. It is just a thought. The cement colors are different. I think the little girl is his niece. She definitely bares a family resemblance. From what I have read both his sisters still support him and have covered for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back