Patsy's Cancer has Spread to her Brain

It sounds as if Patsy doesn't have long to live. My dad had metastatic lung cancer, it went to his brain and the bones in his shoulders and hips. It was very painful. I do remember my dad talking about things that noone could understand. He hallucinated and saw people who weren't even there. It was so sad.
We haven't heard much about the "investigation," lately, and I think we will hear even less once Patsy passes away. I also do not believe for one second that she will confess to having any part in JonBenet's death.
John Ramsey makes me ill-he needs to be with his wife. I am sure it is painful for him to see her in this condition, but he needs to spend as much time as possible with her. This really makes me wonder about their marriage.

tipper said:
Not a smoker are you, Seeker? :)

Was it ever known exactly which study she was part of? If so, we might be able to learn what the criteria were. Were results ever published? I noticed in several of the Abstracts I read Stage III and IV were lumped together. Perhaps it's difficult to be sure precisely which stage the patient is in.

From the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York.

Killer Post Tipper.

:) :) Thanks
Socks

Does anyone actually know what's ggoing on with Patsy? There's so many stories I can't keep them all straight.... If she is dying, god bless her soul, I hope she at least gives some information before she goes.....

Kalypso said:
Geezus, whether Patsy is guilty of something or not, why does she have to keep embellishing? It makes her look guilty. Or mentally ill. Or personality disordered. Or all three.

Kalypso,

To be fair ... at least concerning this issue of Patsy's brain cancer. I don't think she is embellishing at all,(at least not to the media.) She or her family did not say anything to the media about her brain cancer. It was someone from the Globe who snooped around that picked up the story and ran with it.

Actually, I'm surprised it was not mentioned any where else except the Globe.

capps said:
Kalypso,

To be fair ... at least concerning this issue of Patsy's brain cancer. I don't think she is embellishing at all,(at least not to the media.) She or her family did not say anything to the media about her brain cancer. It was someone from the Globe who snooped around that picked up the story and ran with it.

Actually, I'm surprised it was not mentioned any where else except the Globe.
Well, ok, no one can really know for sure if she is embellishing unless you are on the inside, but what about the reports of them being "destitute" that I saw? Also I read DOI and thought she embellished and/or over-dramatized things in that.

Kalypso said:
Well, ok, no one can really know for sure if she is embellishing unless you are on the inside, but what about the reports of them being "destitute" that I saw? Also I read DOI and thought she embellished and/or over-dramatized things in that.

Kalypso,

LOL ... Yes, Patsy can go over "over the top" sometimes,that's for sure! I think that is her personality.

I was referring just to the brain cancer situation. IMO I feel that's when people should butt out. It's none of the public's business how (if it's true) they are dealing with it.

I just wish they'd tell us what happened on Dec 25/26!

Kalypso said:

Kalypso,

Reports of the Ramseys being destitute are likely close to being true. I don't think they got a single dime from all of those BR lawsuits. The truth is a complete defense against a lawsuit for libel and slander.

I know jr lost his job and had not been able to obtain another but how does it work that they had so much money as to have a private plane and pilot, so many other luxuries that they are now destitute? I know you have to spend money to live but how is it they were seemingly so unprepared? What about the house it hasn't sold yet has it? Is jr old enough to receive some sort of retirement? I could ask a million questions but if someone could enlighten me on this I would appreciate it.

duffy said:
I know jr lost his job and had not been able to obtain another but how does it work that they had so much money as to have a private plane and pilot, so many other luxuries that they are now destitute? I know you have to spend money to live but how is it they were seemingly so unprepared? What about the house it hasn't sold yet has it? Is jr old enough to receive some sort of retirement? I could ask a million questions but if someone could enlighten me on this I would appreciate it.

Duffy.

As I understand it,after JR left AG,he was a consultant for another firm. he left that position,and then ran for a political office and lost. He is now unemployed (this was as of 2003 i believe.) I'm not sure what his employment status is currently.

Destitute? I doubt it ... unless JR's definition of destitute is different than mine. JR was a wise business man ... I'm sure he is living off of prior investments that he's made. It may not be the same custom of living they were used to before JB died ... but destitute? I don't think so.

duffy said:

Duffy,

They had TWO planes, and TWO showplace houses. As CEO of Access Graphics I think John was making about $1 million a year. And when he and his partners sold the company to Lockheed-Martin, I think John's portion was around $8 million.

It appears that legal fees took the lion's share of the Ramsey's money. According to Steve Thomas, as of May 1, 1996 the Ramseys had assets of $7,348,628; their net worth was $6,230,628 with liabilities of $1,118,000.

BlueCrab

So basically what I've read of j & p ramsey being destitute is b.s.? The website they set up in JonBenet's name trying to get donations was a sham?

How is it their attorney's fees were so high when mostly all the ramsey's did was hide behind an attorney to avoid talking to the police. It wasn't like they went to trial and employed half a dozen attorney's to defend them. I don't buy that for a minute.

This destitute theory stinks as much as "the other dude did it" theory. "The other dude" always does it in every case. The ramseys, darlie routier, david westerfield etc etc. pfffffft!

I know I saw John Walsh and Mark Klauss on t.v. both saying they believed the ramseys actions after the murder of their daughter to be highly suspicious and unexplainable to them. This was right after the murder. One was on Larry King, maybe both. I don't remember anymore.

Both men said they had been looked at as possible suspects and both said "go ahead, investigate me, rule me out so we can find the people responsible." John Walsh discovered during the hunt for Adam that his wife had been having an affair and the bf from that affair was also investigated.

I'm sure some how the ramsey's have convinced themselves they are "different" and set apart from darlie, david westerfield but they aren't.

duffy said:
So basically what I've read of j & p ramsey being destitute is b.s.? The website they set up in JonBenet's name trying to get donations was a sham?

How is it their attorney's fees were so high when mostly all the ramsey's did was hide behind an attorney to avoid talking to the police. It wasn't like they went to trial and employed half a dozen attorney's to defend them. I don't buy that for a minute.

This destitute theory stinks as much as "the other dude did it" theory. "The other dude" always does it in every case. The ramseys, darlie routier, david westerfield etc etc. pfffffft!

I know I saw John Walsh and Mark Klauss on t.v. both saying they believed the ramseys actions after the murder of their daughter to be highly suspicious and unexplainable to them. This was right after the murder. One was on Larry King, maybe both. I don't remember anymore.

Both men said they had been looked at as possible suspects and both said "go ahead, investigate me, rule me out so we can find the people responsible." John Walsh discovered during the hunt for Adam that his wife had been having an affair and the bf from that affair was also investigated.

I'm sure some how the ramsey's have convinced themselves they are "different" and set apart from darlie, david westerfield but they aren't.
Don't forget that in the Richard Jewell, Klaas, Crowe and van Dam cases the "other guy" did do it.

Do you have a transcript of that Larry King show? I looked and couldn't find one but my recollection is that Walsh was much less judgemental than Klaas. Something along the lines of "every family's reaction is different so you can't read too much into it"

The only transcript I did find says this:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0306/24/lkl.00.html

WALSH: I've been to Dubai, hunting fugitives -- terrorists out there.

I don't think that that case will ever, will ever be solved, because now it's been taken over by the state, you know, the attorney general of the state of Colorado, because so many incredible mistakes were made at the crime scene at the beginning.

KING: From the get-go.

WALSH: From the get-go. And then they empaneled a grand jury and brought DAs from every county around Colorado, and they all came to the same conclusion. They said whether the Ramseys had something to do with it or not, there was such poor police work was done in the beginning, this case will probably never be solved.

Parents have the right to get lawyers. They have the right to get -- you know, to have people represent them if they think the cops are doing a bad job. I always wanted to do that case on "America's Most Wanted." And Mr. Ramsey said, I'd like to do it. Mrs. Ramsey said no. I said, I'll treat you fairer than anybody else in the world. Let me do a whole hour on "America's Most Wanted." But they're going to start over and take a re-look at the case. That's what I say you have to do. You have to throw everything out and start again.

KING: Are you open on it?

WALSH: I am open minded about it, because they only ever focused on the parents. A good investigation is a parallel investigation. Sweat the parents, but don't rule out the sexual offender that may be living within a mile of there.

Yes - but in the "other guy did it" cases like VanDam and Klass (where a young girl was sexually assaulted and murdered) the perp TOOK THE CHILD OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!! And did NOT leave a bogus ransom note.

If you are going to throw out cases to compare to the Ramseys - you must only include the cases that are SIMILAR in evidence and facts.
Like a young child found dead in her own home with a bogus kidnap note.

Or is that too difficult as those wind up being cases of a familial homicide covered up.

Which is what the Ramsey case is.

K777angel said:
Yes - but in the "other guy did it" cases like VanDam and Klass (where a young girl was sexually assaulted and murdered) the perp TOOK THE CHILD OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!! And did NOT leave a bogus ransom note.

If you are going to throw out cases to compare to the Ramseys - you must only include the cases that are SIMILAR in evidence and facts.
Like a young child found dead in her own home with a bogus kidnap note.

Or is that too difficult as those wind up being cases of a familial homicide covered up.

Which is what the Ramsey case is.
Since the FBI has said they have no other cases where a note was left I don't think you can compare it to anything if you are insistent on similar evidence and facts.

No other murderous parent/family member left a note and no other murderous non-parent/family member left a note. However, of the child victims in the age 6-11 range, 39% were killed by non-family members.

http://www.ncjrs.org/pdffiles1/ojjdp/187239.pdf

Interestingly, that is the least likely of ALL age ranges, child and adult, to be murdered.

These are Justice Department statistics for children murdered between 1976-2000:
31% were killed by fathers.
30% were killed by mothers.
23% were killed by male acquaintances.
7% were killed by other relatives.
3% were killed by strangers.
According to these stats, in 61% of all cases, the vast majority, the parents were the culprits.

narlacat said:
These are Justice Department statistics for children murdered between 1976-2000:
According to these stats, in 61% of all cases, the vast majority, the parents were the culprits.

Can we look at the statistics in a vacuum? We need to see the stats on the included parents' drug/alcohol/domestic violence histories.
We need to know the ages of the murdered children.
Give us all of the variables and I trust it won't look so damning for the parents of Jonbenet.

sissi said:
Can we look at the statistics in a vacuum? We need to see the stats on the included parents' drug/alcohol/domestic violence histories.
We need to know the ages of the murdered children.
Give us all of the variables and I trust it won't look so damning for the parents of Jonbenet.

------------>>>Sage thought: 'Most volcanos only blow every few years or so, but just smolder in the meantime' (Author- Camper)

Wasn't there a movie called, "The Breaking Point"?

Sons and daughters are also capable of murdering, not just parents.

narlacat said:
Are you including the 0-5 year olds in these statistics?

Camper said:
------------>>>Sage thought: 'Most volcanos only blow every few years or so, but just smolder in the meantime' (Author- Camper)
That sounds like my husband!! It's the smoldering that drives me crazy. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back