Patsy's Short Leash

Patsy was heavily medicated at early media events - there's no doubt in my mind - that or she's an alcoholic. I think many folks would need sedation going through that sort of thing with or without guilt and it was also very stupid of their advisors to allow such a thing when someone is medicated like that.

Patsy strikes me as someone who was probably raised in the very old fashioned "southern belle" manner which though dying, is by no means gone. A lot of the real old time southern thinking would actually raise her to believe that her role in life is to be the good little wife whose only purpose is to serve the man who is KING and then the devoted mother who lives only for her children & spouse. Basically the "Gone With the Wind" mentality which doesn't allow a woman to BE anyone at all - you existed to serve others. Horrible thing to do to someone.

JoanRanger said:
I’ve been reading on Websleuths for quite some time, but I rarely post. All of your intelligent and informative discussions have lured me out of hiding. So, hi, everybody.

Whether she was a murderer (or “cover-upper”) or not, Patsy Ramsey strikes me as someone who always was out of touch with reality in a peculiar way. Does anybody remember the picture of JonBenet on her first day of kindergarten? Although it’s been years since I saw this photo, I recall that JB was wearing a totally over-the-top (especially for Boulder!) plaid dress, and she presented her teacher with an apple-shaped cookie jar filled with cookies.

As a former teacher myself, I can’t imagine what must have gone through JB’s teacher’s mind when she saw this little girl’s costume, not to mention her gift. Who dresses like that? And who does stuff like that? It just seems like (unfortunate word choice) overkill.

Another example of Patsy’s out-of-touchness: her nauseating braggadocios Christmas letters. By 1995 or 1996 (the two letters I found through links on this site), Ann Landers and Dear Abby had already discussed for years how uncool it is to send out the generic Christmas newsletter with such image-enhancing “news.” Patsy’s 1996 letter, with all of her talk about Burke’s #1 team, JB’s pageant titles, John’s yachts, her birthday party, their Disney cruise, and their house being part of a home tour, was a classic example of the Christmas greetings people had been mocking for years. How could someone as seemingly social and “with it” as Patsy be so glaringly unaware of what people would think of this type of letter? Wouldn’t she realize all she was doing was blatantly bragging?

All's I'm saying is, if she was that oblivious during happy times, she probably had lost all sense of how she was coming across after JB's murder. I think that's probably why the people surrounding her didn't want her to open her mouth.

Hi Joan, Good Post!

Fact is.......that a lot of people who have money who act and talk like Patsy did, even though I understand she did quite well in school (college)....she seemed to have acquired little 'Social Presence" which may have caused her husband John a few jitters when she opened her mouth.

I was very blessed to be a friend of Bob Crosby, (the band leader and Bing's brother) who lived in my little town for many years. Each year he'd write a lampoon on the 'Annual Christmas Letter'. By the time I'd finish reading it I'd be rolling on the floor laughing!
Bob Crosby adored his wife and family.........and there were be little snippets like "June and I had taco's in September" and THAT would be one whole sentence.....nothing more!

BUT.........I get those other Christmas letters too! Most I enjoy because they are from my relatives that I don't get to see often...and never anyone bragging about what they're was doing.

I don't know Boulder Colo........other than being a good place to ski and I don't think that poor Patsy was too much into the real Social scene there.
It seems to me she'd be very much an outsider....... the Christmas open house being so pretentious that went right along with the Beauty pageants.................

xxxxxxxxxxxxoo
mama

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500