penalty phase #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your frustration, don't miss the absolute beauty of today. Today, Travis spoke and ONLY Travis. For whatever reason, JA knew she could not touch that. It was a reverent thing to watch Travis' siblings stand for his honor, integrity, and character today. To me, today was sacred in so many ways. I am grateful that events ended up to make this day miraculously all about Travis today. No one else got to take that away. The jury will go home thinking about who Travis really was. When they come back Monday, JA's stuff will seem pretty cheap in comparison.

Today, was a day just for Travis. It is a long time coming.

:yesss:

:cheers:

:angel:

:blowkiss:

:Banane35:

:jumping:

:bowdown:

:gthanks:

Why are there men with no shirts on in this video around the 50 second mark or so? This was a wedding right? hmmm I'll watch again. Sorry if old topic. It moves to fast for me and I started late following daily. tia

Yelp, there's topless guys. Was this a Jodi remake. Haven't been to one of those weddings, even in my hippy days.

Hi everyone,

I just finished transcribing (and posting) the PENALTY PHASE PIECE from this morning (i.e. Judge Stephens preliminary instructions to jurors, including the eight mitigating factors, followed by Defense Opening Statement and then followed by Prosecution Opening Statement).

I posted this in the Media/Timeline - link provided below.

Note that I had previously transcribed Steven and Samantha's Victim Impact Statement, and a separate thread was created for those two transcripts (See "Impact Statement" thread). Also, these two statements are also available on the Media/Timeline thread - last page.

I have alerted a mod to see if they want to combine this piece with the victim impact statements (perhaps just renaming the transcript thread: Penalty Phase Transcripts) so that this piece can be included. If not, everything is available in the Media/Timeline linked below.

Hope this is helpful to those that have auditory impairments or even those who simply prefer to read the proceedings after the fact.

Link to Transcript:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - *graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion**

Thank you so much txjan!!!

OMG was that a huge diss from JW to JA at approx 41:00????

What the heck was that?? She moved away from that "close talker" like she had the cooties!!!

Beth just said they did NOT cry.
It must have taken everything they had to hold it together during those statements. I wouldn't have had the strength. I was grateful I was by myself when I watched Samantha and Steven's hearts break all over again. I don't envy the jurors and all they've been through.

Yes...sadly I don't think that's something she can just give up on a whim so it's possible she's still addicted. Should be interesting.

MOO

True story...my dear friends daughter, who he is estranged from, showed up for her child custody hearing totally loaded. The judge ordered her and baby daddy to take drug tests...baby daddy complied and passed, my friends daughter actually told the judge that she could not test on that day as she would fail because she was under the influence of pot, pain pills and heroin.
She also blamed everything that has happened to her in the custody case on her being on heroin and pot...doncha know that is a perfectly logical excuse?
Who does that?
Good news is the childs father got full custody and everyone is relieved...including my friend.
Jeez...we might see something like this go down?

I hope the jury connected the 20 Irises to Travis' 20th birthday and his father passing. I agree, but I think Jodi was doing her usual shapeshifting....http://sometimesitjustiswhatitis.blogspot.com/2012/03/shape-shifter.html

Yep.. Checked out your link.. with ya sistah.. Oddly my experience has been more with the female variety..

I think I'm like Buffy the Vampire Slayer of shape shifting BPD beeshies :floorlaugh:

I can spot a wicked woman a mile away.. Unfortunately they tend to be pull'n their Con on a male I care about family/friend.. That's whole reason I got into this trial was seeing CCMJA I KNEW and wanted to see what the experts diagnosised her as and well.. seeing one of these things get busted in their BS game & get some umm Instant Karma?

I can barely keep up here...when it gets crazy I have to skip pages.

....but now I have to go lookie.

Good luck with that! lol the thread is gone. Poof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good evening to all of you great, funny, witty, intelligent, thoughtful people here!.....am only now just catching up with today's goings on so very sorry if this has been discussed already, but I was just watching the final youtube video from today, where JSS says they can't proceed and dismisses the jury till Monday..wow, it really seemed to me the guard was extra close to JA and watching her more intently than I've seen before....did anyone else notice that? any thoughts, comments?

=livelife;9448461]18. She was a "coupon clipper".

19. She didn't kick her mom that hard

20. Brings her own KY

Was that thread deleted? It was pretty scarey there last night and the mod, Beach I believe was refereeing it for a while.
O/T
I went there last night and couldn't believe that someone called out Beach. :furious: All I know, is that if any of our night crew here, ever called out a Mod like that, we would have a nice, long vacation. :gavel:

Steven laid himself bare to the entire world today. What he lost by losing Travis is so deep and so heartbreaking it will last a lifetime. He idolized Travis and I imagine went to him often for advice or comfort or just to goof off like brothers do. It will take so much time for Travis' family to heal, but for Steven I fear, even longer. JA took so much more then any of us will ever know.

I was actually surprised that I was more affected by Steven's impact statement today than I was by Samanthas. Now before that's misconstrued, let me FIRMLY state that Samantha's statement was VERY moving & powerful, which I expected, but Steven's rocked me to the core because I wasn't expecting it. He's been so stoic & strong throughout the proceedings that I almost thought he'd be matter of fact, if that makes sense. When I saw him go up to the podium & heard his voice cracking, I immediately broke down in tears. The way he eloquently (& painfully) described his nightmares, his fears for his family, the separation between him & his wife, the anti-depressant medicine not working for him...all of it really, I felt it deep in my soul. The pain pouring from him while he's been a pillar of strength was heart wrenching.

Listening to Steven & then Samantha describe their pain, the loss of their Grandmother, the empty chair at family gatherings, Steven's separation from his wife, everything we've heard from Travis' friends really drives it home & demonstrates how many lives the murderess has ruined. It's almost as if she murdered all of them too, but they are still here physically. It's absolutely devastating when you look at the totality of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member