Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does everyone think, will she...

not give a statement today
ask for the death penalty
make a ver long statement
say I'm sorry

Does anyone know what the deal is with the quote button? TIA :wave:

I think IF Jodi does ask for death today, it is because she is super confident she will win an appeal and have it overturned. It's a risky game to play but she does not really want to die. This is all part of her plan. She can't wait for a new trial and more time on TV. She believes she just got a bad jury and the next one will never convict her. She isn't going to just give up.

:scared::scared::scared:

Anyone having problems with WS this morning ?

My posts are not going through in the "Post Reply" Section -- but going through in the "Quick Reply" Section ...

What's a girl to do ?

smileytakeaspin.gif
smileytakeaspin.gif
smileytakeaspin.gif

And JA is totally basking in all this drama and chaos that her and Nurmi are creating together. Knowing what she is, and watching her with that evil little smirk on her face yesterday, she is reveling in it! I am holding my breath to see what kind of stunt there will be today. Hopefully, the judge will have had enough of them yesterday and will be ready to shoot down whatever it is. CJA, allocution now or never, then send the jury in for deliberations.
Did you see how flushed/red in the face Judge Stephens was during yesterday's drama? She really looked TICKED off. The "sealed proceedings" associated with this case must be VOLUMINOUS.

His interview conflicts with his sworn testimony in that he says he was very clear up-front with JA that he was not interested in getting married again and had no plans for more children. Suddenly now in his TV interview he changes his tune and claims he was close to marrying her. Ummm nope. Sorry Mr. Brewer. You had your chance on the stand to get it right. The jury will go with that since you swore you were telling the truth.

he also says in the interview he did not know she was going to Mesa.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Good morning everyone!! I have no plans today besides cleaning, so I will try to get that done now so I can chat with the rest of you during court!

Can any of the DT's antics be grounds for mistrial?

katiecoolady:

Michael Kiefer jumps all over Martinez ONE time giving interviews out the front door of this courthouse. ONCE. Reports inaccurately like this is a regular occurrence- this ONE time thing. Then he is involved in this stunt that he would be ALL over if pulled by the State. I am really curious when this interview was filmed. I'm guessing before court began yesterday or maybe even over the weekend. Yes I do think its all that shady.

Wasn't he the first to "officially" report that PW would not be testifying yesterday due to death threats? The online report followed his tweet that someone here posted yesterday morning before court was even in session.

Wish I could go back to find the exact postings with link but I have to run off to work.
Two reasons I think JA's mom isn't speaking for her:
- JA is directing blame/guilt on her mom for speaking freely to Flores about her mental health (it's all her mom's fault now that she can't speak to her character, therefore blaming mom for DP)
- JA began working on her appeal for the duration of her trial. If mom speaks now in court, it shatters JA's storyline on appeal

IMO

Morning all from Dallas, yesterday was another terrible day for Moore Oklahoma. I lived in Moore many many years ago (before we moved to Texas) and spent many nights in a storm cellar. If you can, please donate time, money and blood. You'll never regret it.
My son went up there early this morning with Operation BBQ and to help with clean up and to feed as many as they can. They'd appreciative any and all donations of time and money.

http://www.operationbbqrelief.org/donate

So what does everyone think, will she...

not give a statement today
ask for the death penalty
make a ver long statement
say I'm sorry
She is incapable of saying that she's sorry the way a truly remorseful person would. If she alludes to being sorry, it will be a backhanded comment in true Jodi fashion. Think about her post-conviction interview when Troy Hayden asked her about the Alexanders. She made the comment about hoping they find a measure of peace, and that they "can remember Travis the way they want to." As if to say that how they remember him is not how he really was. Despicable.

JA stated on the stand her childhood was 'idyllic' until she turned 7.
What are the age differences between her and siblings? Could she have been jealous of a new sister??

:seeya: Still having PROBLEMS posting ... now I can't "Quote" and Respond to some of the posts here ...

What's a girl to do ?

smileytakeaspin.gif
smileytakeaspin.gif
smileytakeaspin.gif

If she asks for the DP I feel like it is because she knows it is coming and wants to feel like she had control over what punishment she received. They didn't give her the DP...she asked them for it!

If the jury deliberates and comes back with a DP verdict, is that it? Will she be sentenced at the time the verdict comes in?

What was Jodi doing in Vegas, by herself and going off with a single man, if she was so happy living with Darryl(attached to his son)? Where were Jodi Arias' morals? Why do Darryl and Jodi's dates of her introduction to Mormonism conflict?
Imho, Jodi was trolling for someone, something better $$ to come along...that she could ensnare in her spider web. Darryl didn't want Juan asking too many questions.

As soon as KN stated that the DT would not be calling any witnesses, not even DB who was there and available, yesterday's antics made perfect sense to me. Yes, the childhood friend was facing legal difficulties (from what I understand, in addition to a drug issue she apparently has been on welfare but didn't report the income she got from selling the wedding photos to the media - which would be fraud and tax evasion IMO). So she took the 5th trying to save herself instead of JA. But when they didn't call DB I saw the light. The DT realized that NONE of the possible mitigation witnesses would benefit their client a single bit. Anything DB was going to say would either not be believed or torn apart by JM making heir client look worse. They couldn't call the mother because she was likely to deny the "wooden spoon" defense which would make JA look worse by showing her willingness to lie and assassinate even her own mother's character.

However, the DT realized that the "planned" mitigation witnesses, which would serve no mitigation purposes, would be most useful as topics for the mistrial hail-mary creating a significant issue to be considered upon appeal.Simply put, the witnesses were useless to JA as witnesses, but they helped create an issue to visit on appeal. Job done, thank you for your service, you can go back to California now.

When JA said in the interview that she had no mitigating factors she was saying that she had nobody who could offer any mitigating testimony that would help her garner sympathy.

From his interview it appears that DB is an easy going type of guy. I'd say he showered Jodi with attention when his son was not around and that is why they never had problems. Plus he added maturity to her life and kept her on an even keel. Travis was not as mature as DB and unable to handle Jodi. Big difference, too, was the fact that DB let her live with him.

No idea if this post will go through since WS is acting up.

DB: " I can only speak to my case, it seems to me there has been a lot of harassment and bullying on the side of the prosecution".

Really....so cross examining you is considered "harassment". Ummmmkay

DB feels that JA can still be a productive member of society behind bars. WTH. JA gave up that chance on June 4, 2008. Society doesn't need or want anything from her.

I hope JM argues that JA has absolutely NO REMORSE WHATSOEVER for this murder. She has no human feelings whatsoever. The fact that she wrote that 18 page letter of drivel to the family and "expressed her sympathies" for Travis' death is nauseating.

Once we survive her allocution (maybe we should make 'I survived Jodi Arias having the floor' t-shirts), I hope she's slapped with death and whisked away to oblivion just like Scottie Too Hottie Peterson.

dog.gone. - been having problems all morning. Steely told Kimster about it and she's working on it.

Daryl explained JA's thinking around the Law of Attraction and based on how he described it (and based on how JA herself described it on the stand), she had absolutely no clue what that law (which is one of the Universal Laws) actually means. I don't think Travis knew either.

The Law of Attraction is not about positive thinking. It's about energy and how the Universe is aligned with energy and how thoughts also create energy. There is no such thing in the universe as "positive" or "negative" thoughts -- there's just thoughts. Thoughts have intention and create energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CountryRoads8