Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're saying they can't come to a decision this soon, I would assume there are pretty strong opinions both ways.

I hope they go back and talk about it. I just don't want them to settle for life.

This is torture for the Alexanders.. I can't stand seeing them go through so much pain over and over.

The jury needs to end it now. Premeditated. Cruel. CMJA has manipulated everyone. They can end it. They need to. It's not about her family, it's about her paying for what she did. She did this and she brought this on. They agreed they could sentence someone to death. What more do they need?

I feel turned inside out :(

Couldn't have said it any better Lotus. :( Exactly my questions and exactly how I feel.

This is torture for the Alexanders.. I can't stand seeing them go through so much pain over and over.

The jury needs to end it now. Premeditated. Cruel. CMJA has manipulated everyone. They can end it. They need to. It's not about her family, it's about her paying for what she did. She did this and she brought this on. They agreed they could sentence someone to death. What more do they need?

I feel turned inside out :(

Damn it. This is nuts.
:banghead::please:

...maybe...just maybe they could come back after hearing JSS...maybe.....

Less than 3 hours deliberating is not enough time for anything. Geez Louise.

The only conclusion is that someone on the jury was not truthful when they said they COULD give the DP - because if they cannot for this - they cannot for ANYONE - imho

Yes. They haven't even deliberated for half a day!

They only asked the question. There's still hope that they can sway those one or two jurors. This is crazy, but not shocking. Deciding someone's fate is a tremendously heavy burden.

I was under the impression that they couldn't reach a decision, not ask waht would happen if they could't.

One of the TH said last night that all the jurors looked away when they were dismissed to deliberate but one juror looked at Jodi. They probably have one holdout.

What a mess!!!!!!!

If worse come to worse, will there be a plea deal - LWOP?

How are they going to find an untainted jury if there is a mis-trial???
Everyone on the planet has heard of this case.

When will we find out what the split is?

I don't understand what just happened. Did the jury say they were deadlocked?

Why would they say this after only 3 hours of deliberation? Is this a long time for deliberations in this phase?

This is unfortunate; it felt like this jury was unified. But to come back this soon with an impasse means the opinions are so strong they foresee no way to resolve.

I don't care personally what happens to her, but I want this to be over for the family.

I'm beyond gobsmacked by AZ's process to empanel a new jury if there is a deadlock. It ought to just go to the judge for a decision.

Big sigh. This isn't good.

No matter how strongly I felt about giving her the DP...

I would rather vote LWOP than allow another jury to finish the job I took an oath to do and devoted 5 months of my life to!!!!

I just would. If we can't agree, then fine. Give her LWOP. SIMPLE!

Lock the door and throw away the key. Be done with it. But most importantly...

FINISH THE JOB!!!

She poisoned a potential new jury pool last night should one need to be empaneled.

That's why she did so many of the interviews for that exact reason. She's crazy like a fox that Jodi Arias.

Does anyone know if the alternate jurors can come into the deliberations if an agreement can't be made?

Smug CMJA looks positively gleeful.

Yep, she is looking like all is fine & dandy -- the judge may as well have given a weather report -- JA's reaction would not have been any different.:stormingmad:

No one of us predicted this when we heard about the jury coming out of the jury room.

She chatting up the deputy/officer again. Just pickin' & grinnin'

Damn. Well at least she's been convicted of 1st Degree Murder.

I thought there might be a problem when the verdict was rendered and 5 jurors found premeditated, 0 found felony murder, and 7 found both premeditated and felony. One, if not all of, those 5 jurors is probably the hold out. But why? Why can't they see this convicted murderer for what she really is and sentence her appropriately, to death? Is it her age, her looks, what?

I say they're sympathetic to her obvious lack of contact with reality.

I think they are just not used to disagreeing. Weren't sure how to proceed. I can't imagine coming this far and not seeing it to the end.

I needed that little bit of optimism, thanks! :seeya:

Can someone please explain how the alternates can come into play in regards to this deadlock? It seems that putting in the alternates would make a lot more sense than bringing in new jurors who have likely been exposed to the media. Is there anyone who can clarify how this works?

IMO, even if they give her death it'll never get through appeals. Arias will get life. That doesn't seem so bad to me. Lock her up. No more interviews. No more seeing her face. That's the end of that.

Where are you guys watching live feed? Saying that JA is giddy & such? Everything I have is just a pic of the seal.....

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 3m
#JodiArias jurors are working through lunch today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592