Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
She stabbed him about 30 times
She slit his throat
And then she shot him in the face.
She doesn't get to live.
Oh how I was Victim Impact Statements were at the end.

I can tell you this...IF this jury does not give this heinous murderer the Death Penalty. I will become the leader of a movement in this country to implement safeguards in the jury selection process that ENSURES when a juror states they are able to give DP when applicable, that there is VALIDITY and VERACITY to their claims.

Just because a juror says they will consider the death penalty DOES NOT MEAN that they will automatically find that the death penalty is warranted. The juror has to be convinced by the prosecution that it is warranted, and not swayed by the defense that it is not.

I just had this conversation with my neighbor this morning. She claims she could never take another person's life no matter what. But when I asked her if someone broke in her home and came at her with a knife, (she has a gun right there) would she shoot them, or let them kill her. Of course, you know she said she would have to shoot em! So, she does believe she has the right to take another person's life, but only if it saves her own! Hypocrite, hypocrite, hypocrite! Had I been in Travis' bathroom that day, I could have killed Jodi right then. What's the difference between then and now? You're dead either way......this way she just gets to live a little longer.

IMO, many (definitely not all) anti-DP people just say they are anti-DP because they believe it to be the correct thing to say or feel. I'm sure some truly have a deep conviction that every life, even the purely evil and despicable, do not deserve to die. That is something I just cannot comprehend, but that is their opinion and I respect it.

However, in the situation you described above, I can't believe that any person would not defend themselves or loved ones against being killed, and they would choose to pull the trigger and kill the intruder.

I tried to watch all the CM's interviews last night....gack.......does any one have all of the links? TIA!

You guys... she's been convicted of 1st degree murder. There is no way JSS will only give her 25 yrs as her "life" sentence if it goes that way. She will spend the rest of her life in prison one way or the other. That *is* justice for the Alexander Family. Does no one understand this? Of course they hope she gets the DP but either way she will be gone/out of their lives forever. Getting that conviction was the most important part of this whole drama. Getting the DP is icing on the cake, but even without that they do have justice.
The Alexander family may disagree with that, I don't know. But I won't sit here in my nice, safe chair and tell a grieving family what is justice for them.

IMO

Is anyone ok with LWOP?

I'm fine with LWOP and I think Travis would be too. Travis was a follower of Christ, despite his human nature and it's flaws, he loved the Lord and for the most part lived his life according to HIS Word. Yes, I think Travis would be just fine with JA getting LWOP.

It's the fact that she will be a grand dame in prison and HAVE a life that gets me. The creep will have won, again, gags me.

No, that is not a 'fact.' It's Jodi's "vision" of herself...a vision in which she imagines herself the most important person anywhere, at all times. The reality will be much, much different.

She hasn't "won" anything. Life in prison without parole (which is just what this judge will give her if she has to decide)? Would there be anyone here...anyone at all...who would want THAT type of "win" in their life?

a working luch..seems like they really want to get it done today i hops so life is not the worst thing..her appeals will be denied probably?

LWOP will be terrible for her. She will never survive in a real prison.

I am going to let go of any personal attachment to this penalty phase verdict. I will put my faith in this jury and accept whatever decision they come to. I will not judge them because I have not walked in their shoes.

No matter what happens imo, her life will SUCK. :jail:

They did ask a question: (BBM)

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 51m
Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction

Yes. I think that While the Judge said, " you are unable to reach a verdict," I am not sure that was the statement. From the question asked, It is an IF not a we can't.

OK OK OK..
The Maricopa County Court Twitter stated "What if " question..

JSS did say "I received a note you are unable to reach"..

SO.. perhaps the official questions WAS the what IF but.. JSS interpretted it as WE'VE BEEN.. So maybe WE'RE ALL CORRECT.. but either way they went back in to deliberate more.. some I guess got lunch etc so let's not :panic: but let's channel our thoughts, prayers, feelings our preferred method of requesting positive and focus on the RIGHT DECISION for Alexander Family, Justice & accountability of the Jurors.

JMO <please no tomatos ;) >

They effed up. I guess they're too busy setting up interviews for Jodi and running out to buy her make up. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have always thought that the First Degree conviction was the VICTORY here. That was Justice for Travis.
I feel like the DP is such a personal decision.
I truthfully, laid awake at night, begging and hoping that the Alexanders would see it that way. They don't and that's understandable. My heart breaks for them. I wish I could hug them.

Perhaps they could accept it just a little bit more easily if LWOP came with a media blackout of this sicko-- if they could be spared her taunting and mocking them at every turn for years to come.

Or maybe they just want her dead because she deserves it and that is justice to them. I agree with them on both counts.

I can not believe this...I just caught a glance and wasn't sure what was going on..would it been wrong to ask the paramedics to wait a moment before loading my nephew in the ambulance? Thank God I'm only five minutes from home, didn't drive like a bat outta hell, but got home as fast as I could and nada so far.

I see a split between death and lwop. Pray Websleuths, we need a death penalty for Steven so he doesn't have to listen or see his brothers murderer ever again.

Jodi needs to be off this earth.

These last few days, I almost feel like the DT had some Hollywood PR Guru working with them how to manipulate people more. I really do, setting up interviews....playing the poor father to the jury and public, bringing the t-shirts in...blah, blah. I'll shut up cause I've noticed a lot more that seems like more than a coincidence happening the past few days.

i am. i'm fine with either one. the conviction was what i was worried about. once we got that, i relaxed about it.

the reality is she won't be executed for YEARS. not in my lifetime, most likely. she may even manage to get a new trial! the quality of her representation will be FAR superior if she gets the DP, and that scares me. so i'm cool with LWOP.

I agree with you, LWOP will be pretty bad for her. the M1 verdict was the win win win for me.

I am concerned with the hold outs for LWOP. It is like moving a mountain to get a LWOP to come over to Death.

The part that frustrates me is they signed on saying they can sentence someone to Death if it warranted it.

If this does not warrant it, what does?

Chopping, stabbing, shot in the head, slit throat all the way through, bruised back legs wither HER footprints embedded on him? Standing on him.

She is a monster I do not want her hosting a Book Club weekly for Inmates, I don't want her Recycling AND god help the inmate that has to look at Jodi's long fingers being taught Sign Language! Crap I'll fly to AZ and teach them all sign language myself! (ok I have to learn how to speak sign language first, but still.. I'll do it)

well, i think it can't possibly be a juror or jurors who give so much weight to the mitigators that they think they outweigh aggravation. because that would be absurd!!

so it has to be that intangible 'feeling', that they just can't pull the trigger. hard to argue with that. if someone feels they can't do it, they just can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump