Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
have a question. Can the jury consider the possible future pain and suffering the Alexander Family would suffer should CMja somehow get life with the possibility of parole? The Alexander Family would be forced to relive the pain of their loss each time she came up for parole. Can they weigh that pain and suffering against any compassion they may have for her family? I have thought about this and would sentence her to Death because of the horribleness of her crime and what it would do to the family if she would possibly get life with parole. Am I being unfair in considering the future effects?

Wrong! Anyone who wants life in the absence of mitigators, lied on their jury questionnaire.

Agreed. Completely agreed. There were NO mitigation factors. None. You weigh that against the cruelty of the murder and there should be a verdict of death. Someone on that jury isn't comfortable with the DP.

I don't understand....if she gets Life, she will stay in the cushy jail with her biggest fan, Sheriff Joe, for up to 6 weeks? Then she'll be sentenced? Jean is so giddy.....

HLN is driving me crazy. Who says the murderer got to the Jury?!
For all we know some of them might think that death is an easy way out and they want her to rot in her tiny cell.

I mean, just stop giving her credit.

Does anyone know the court schedule??? I will be driving all day tomorrow (to Toronto) and heading home on Tuesday. Are deliberations scheduled for tomorrow if the jury proceeds until hopefully a verdict?? Are they planning on deliberating Friday if they are still discussing it among themselves?? Monday, for sure a day off. Just hoping I won't be driving when and if this jury returns with a verdict.

Shout out to any Canucks - I will be staying near O'Connor and Woodbine Roads. Anyone close to that area???

I grew up near Woodbine and O'Connor in the Beach area of Toronto (Woodbine and Queen). I sold my home there a few years ago. I'm in California now. My whole family is still there and I go back frequently. Any questions you need answered?

I know that's astrology but what does it mean?:facepalm:

Absolutely nothing.

Now if you want to hear about an accurate method of predicting future events, I read cat litter...

Friend, consider the source, Michael Kiefer, author of that post. He contradicts himself in his own piece. Check it out:

"By Michael Kiefer The Republic | 12 NewsWed May 22, 2013 1:28 PM

Two hours into deliberation Wednesday, the Jodi Arias jury informed Maricopa Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens that it was unable to reach a unanimous decision on whether to sentence Arias to death or life in prison. "

Also, he has been wrong on the facts of this case, many times He has it wrong. Trust that the judge knows how to read and take what the judge says verbatim and throw away any MK reporting as amateur at best.
MOO

The court tweeted the question- I have faith that it was a question-

https://twitter.com/courtpio

Since my husband is the baker, he bakes and I .... eat. Sit at the computer, on Websleuths, forking cake and stuffing cookies down my gullet.

I so fat!

Bombarding you with brain rays, jury! Do the right thing!

hey, post some food *advertiser censored*.
some of us get off on that.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

This whole trial/undecided thing isn't stressing you two out or anything is it? Thank you for the laugh, it truly is great medicine. :)

to come back that quickly indicates that someone is being adamant that they will not issue a DP.....earlier NanGrace said that if its one, then the chances are that they weren't 100% honest in the picking the jury phase when they were asked if they had it in them to issue a DP, if it came to it
I think it has to be someone saying they aren't budging for the Jury to come back so quickly saying they can't be unanimous ... well they got 3 alternates, pick one out of the box to replace hard-nose

Can a juror quit? Like say... one juror refuses to issue a death penalty verdict and all the rest want to do that, what would happen if that juror just said forget it and walked out?

wonder if he really is an artist..maybe hodi knew that and that's who she was stareing at maybe he liked her art and that's why they put that as a midagator(sp)

Be careful!! That typo cost me a 24 hr. timeout....

I bet that at least one juror thinks she's mentally ill and so is against giving her death. There was nothing in the list of mitigators that any of these jurors could possibly have found compelling. JW's bringing in mental illness at the last minute must have stuck with someone.

:banghead: Ughhhhh I am going for a smoke.

:please: Jury do right by the Alexander family!

Well if a juror said that at the outset of penalty deliberations or after just a few hours, then a case could be made for removing a juror who refuses to deliberate and selecting an alternate.

Only problem is that an alternate was seen looking at Jodi and her family INSTEAD of the Alexander family. The rest of the jurors were seen looking at the Alexander family.

Molly...Mrs G Norris posted this earlier today.

Deciding life, death takes toll on jurors

When the deliberations began, the nine women and three men took a vote. Only three supported a death sentence, with four favoring a life sentence and the others undecided, said juror Mary Fobes, 74, of Mesa.

Catalano said he wasn't sure.

"I still hadn't made up my mind. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt," he said.

After one day, the jury went home for a three-day weekend that some called full of soul searching.

When they reconvened, Catalano gave a pivotal speech outlining his reasons for supporting a death sentence, and the vote swung to 11-1 in favor of execution, Fobes said.

"It was very passionate on why he thought she deserved the death penalty," Fobes said. "The more I thought about it, how could she be so brutal? She must have totally flipped her wig. I don't know how anyone could do that."

But the jury was on the verge of a deadlock, with one holdout, a senior citizen from Gilbert, saying he was adamantly against the death penalty.

From Wendy Andriano case .. she is now on death row in Arizona

http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1...hjurors24.html

Well if a juror said that at the outset of penalty deliberations or after just a few hours, then a case could be made for removing a juror who refuses to deliberate and selecting an alternate.

but they really have to REFUSE to deliberate. we had a trial here where one juror was the holdout and she laid on the floor in the jury room, covered her ears and loudly sang songs. and they were MADE to keep deliberating with her for a long time. i think she was finally booted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592