Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really bothers me. There is NO reason at all to bash Juan Martinez when interviewing Jodi. Honestly this guy sounded like he was taking the opportunity to voice his pro-Jodi opinions and insert himself into the trial. I watched reporters ask some very important, hard and good questions. None of them needed to pat Jodi on the behind like this.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/News/Jodi+Arias+on+Martinez%3A+%22I%27ve+been+subjected+to+that+kind+of+verbal+abuse+before%22/40280768001/35150280001/2400404481001

I wonder how differently Jodi acts around other criminals compared to the way she acts with us 'straights' .. I bet there's quite a contrast.

If we can discuss this without all the innuendo I would appreciate it. I seem to get banned when I cross my eyes around here so I expect the same courtesy.

The point is this is not a random killer staulking fraternity houses looking for victims to kill. JA does not need to kill people for entertainment.
I believe it was a crime of passion coupled with the fact JA at that point of her life, could not except being vanquished. On top of that you add her mental version and you got trouble.

I understand what you are saying, but do not agree.

IMO, a passion killing is done with no premeditation or planning. It happens in a spur of the moment.

Jodi planned to slip in/out of Travis' house with no detection whatsoever. It is a lie she was not aware of what she had done until seeing the dried blood on her hands and clothes in the car. There is no doubt it is a lie because there is no blood anywhere in the house except the confined scene of her crime and the washing machine.

Travis never went to Jodi. She always went to him. Stalked him. Even when he blatantly, without any room for misunderstanding his intent, told her it was over and to leave him alone.

I can understand perhaps Jodi acted out of passion. Fine line there, maybe, but she went there with weapons, minutia planning and the intent.

O/T: Can someone tell me how to find my own posts? I know there's a way, but I can't figure it out. Thanks :)

Click on your username, bolded up top on the right beside "welcome". Find the user statistics tab and click. Then look to your left for "posts made by...".

I honestly think in her own twisted mind she thinks she will be free one day due to an appellate issue/re-trial and that everything she does (including all these interviews) is based on somehow trying to convince/sway any future potential jurors that she is the real victim.

Good Morning everyone. Today will be verdict day. If I were a juror I would give her the DP for 2 reasons. The insult thrown at the jury over the abuse and trashing Travis all over again.

This really bothers me. There is NO reason at all to bash Juan Martinez when interviewing Jodi. Honestly this guy sounded like he was taking the opportunity to voice his pro-Jodi opinions and insert himself into the trial. I watched reporters ask some very important, hard and good questions. None of them needed to pat Jodi on the behind like this.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/News/Jodi+Arias+on+Martinez%3A+%22I%27ve+been+subjected+to+that+kind+of+verbal+abuse+before%22/40280768001/35150280001/2400404481001

Is that Michael Kiefer? He's very pro-Jodi. Check out Katiecoolady's posts about him she has heard him bash JM, the HLN reporters, and basically anyone who does not support JA. Now on GMA the guy asked JA if she was ever going to tell the truth about what happened. She said she did. He goes "oookkaaay" and she called him a hater.

If she gets LWOP, she will be eaten alive. Those women will never stand for this condescending junk. They will chew her up and spit her out. These women are not local mall shoplifters, these are criminals with criminal minds. There will be no book clubs unless she wants to eat a book, there will be no recycling programs, unless she wants to find herself in the recycle bin. I hope no one tells her.
ITA about what will happen if she gets life. She'll be spending all her waking hours dealing with prison mean girl queen bees. She's going to be shocked to find she's only a guppy in their food chain. She will finally experience the human emotion of fear, likely on a daily basis for years.

"If anyone deserves the death penalty, it is Jodi Arias, If the jury finds for the death penalty it will not surprise me and it will NOT disappoint me." Gloria Alred, women's rights advocate lawyer.

http://t.co/U9gcPjnIZP

I know that this question has probably been asked on WS before, but I'm gonna ask it again now. Knowing what we all know about Jodi Arias and her crime, and aside from child molesters and serial killers, if she isn't worthy of the death penalty, then who in the hell is? I always come back to that question.

I suppose that all murderers have earned the death penalty by their actions, however there are those of us who disagree on principle with the death sentence for personal ethical, religious or political beliefs.

If she gets LWOP, she will be eaten alive. Those women will never stand for this condescending junk. They will chew her up and spit her out. These women are not local mall shoplifters, these are criminals with criminal minds. There will be no book clubs unless she wants to eat a book, there will be no recycling programs, unless she wants to find herself in the recycle bin. I hope no one tells her.

:floorlaugh: Your comment had me laughing. I like your way of thinking.

I agree it would be painful to hear no one wants to marry you. But not painful enough to brutally slaughter someone. To that I say grow up 27 year old girl. It happens to billions, more than once, before they ever get married.

And, I think DB was lying about having informed JA of that. ;)

Oh I agree with you completely. Nothing justifies what she did to Travis.. I just wondered if this were in fact true, if this is what made her snap.

I can't stand her. These interviews she is doing and all the evil things she has said about TA make me sick to my stomach. I want her to go away and I don't ever want to hear her name again. She has no redeeming qualities and doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy. She just needs to go away. I don't care if she does it kicking and screaming. She just needs to go.

Morning Sleuthers! Off to work in a bit but wanted to throw my prayers and energy in here for a death penalty verdict by the end of the day today. The Alexanders need to start being able to grieve.
I'm still amazed at JA. I'm beginning to think there will be a new diagnostic code for her special configuration. She sure beats all I've ever seen, read or heard.
She truly lacks a soul. Thank God she is locked up. She needs to stay there. With a shortened stay....

Have a great day and just think....soon, she will be 'that girl that killed precious Travis Alexander...' just a dark memory :)

I had an idea for a t-shirt for JA to wear, not sell. Or heck, maybe her fan club would buy them.

shirt.jpg

Is that Michael Kiefer? He's very pro-Jodi. Check out Katiecoolady's posts about him she has heard him bash JM, the HLN reporters, and basically anyone who does not support JA. Now on GMA the guy asked JA if she was ever going to tell the truth about what happened. She said she did. He goes "oookkaaay" and she called him a hater.

Anyone who dumps on Juan is an intellectual midget. Is he crass? Yes? Is he passionate? Yes. His job is to get justice for those who no longer have a voice, and their families. JM KNOWS that CMJA doesn't have a truthful bone in her body, and he has watched the Alexander family suffer through those lies and innuendos. Juan could care less about the media coverage. He doesn't need to pad his resume. He's been practicing law for over 30 years for the prosecution's side, very unassuming. Whoever wants to take a pot shot at him can do so, but it falls on deaf ears. Juan Martinez is the epitome of a professional. I don't think that there is one person, outside of the Alexander family, that cares about this case as much as he does. Let media *advertiser censored* call him out and side with Jodi. Just like every, single other thing that she touches, they will turn to chit. Juan is eternal. And our justice system, and all of us better thank God or your higher power, that he is.

Thought Sheriff Joe was a really tough sheriff? Have my doubts now that he keeps allowing a psychopathic murderer to do tv interviews. Is he all bluff?

IMO Sheriff Joe has received alot of criticism from the public for the way he runs his jail, i.e. giving inmates only what they need and not providing a comfortable place to rest, relax and serve out their sentences. Perhaps bringing in the news crews and allowing the general public, who otherwise would never "see" the inside of his jail because they are law-abiding citizens, to view his correctional facility serves more than giving CMJA her right to speak to the media.

IIRC the sheriff is an elected position. Winning an election requires having the most votes... With all of the publicity surrounding CMJA and the potential to "badmouth" the way Sheriff Joe runs his jail maybe he's just doing some pre-election previews....

Again, JMO

Good Morning everyone. Today will be verdict day. If I were a juror I would give her the DP for 2 reasons. The insult thrown at the jury over the abuse and trashing Travis all over again.

Agree but those would be mitigating along with all of her me, me, me interests. The big blaring neon sign of no remorse what so ever for what she had done and no real heartfelt apology to the Alexander Family would be my key to the DP decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961