Penalty/Sentencing Phase

I found this about Pontiac on a prison forum. We can only hope that CC is in the worst section, too.

[ame="http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83105"]Pontiac Correctional Facility - Prison Talk[/ame]

My husband was just transfered there. He states in his letters it is awful. He is in the worst section, where some of the inmates fling urine and feces. He says that it is so loud it rattles his thoughts, he can't sleep at night .

I found this about Pontiac on a prison forum. We can only hope that CC is in the worst section, too.

Pontiac Correctional Facility - Prison Talk

My husband was just transfered there. He states in his letters it is awful. He is in the worst section, where some of the inmates fling urine and feces. He says that it is so loud it rattles his thoughts, he can't sleep at night .

Good find Robin. I'm sure it's an awful place as are most max security prisons with the worst of the worst there...good riddance CC

This is a man who grew up with a sense of entitlement. He and Sheri lived in a pretty house on a small lake. In his job he traveled to beautiful places and stayed in nice hotels.

He could go where he wanted, when he wanted.

He now has no privacy, no respect, no quiet, no special treatment, no soft mattress, no wife cooking special foods, no hotel room service, no private gym, no two little boys who adored him cuddling on a comfortable couch.

No control. He is in a human kennel.

And he can wonder every day where Tara spends her nights.

I know it doesn't mean anything but I noticed two things on the custody status page. 1) It states sex offender registry required. 2) The sentencing info lists two counts/offenses. Nothing that makes any difference, just an observation.

His inmate profile also lists that he is required to register as a sex offender, although that designation is misleading. Elman said the designation is a catch-all for the prison system based on Coleman's violence against children. If he ever were paroled, which he will not be, then he would likely go on the Illinois State Police child murder registry as opposed to being registered as a child sexual predator, she said.

Pontiac CC is NOT a nice place to be housed. I retired from over three decades of employment in the correctional system and Pontiac is one of the IL prisons with the fewest amenities. Pontiac was built around 1871 and has nothing modern in it. It was common practice each August for years for the inmates to break out windows due to the heat as there is no air conditioning. Pontiac is loud and crowded as the population runs about 600 inmates over capacity so there are not single, clean cells as you would see on death row. No choice of room mates!

Why anyone would say that the food is good is beyond me. I would call it plentiful but tastes institutional.

I think it is just the place for CC to be as I think he is accustomed to the better conditions in life. Bet he is thinking now that life at home with a beautiful wife and children was very, very good!

ksdk channel 5 here in St Louis has an exclusive interview with CC parents/family.
Showing it tonight at 10pm (central)

Interview with parents
When looking at mugshot they see loving caring person that didn't kill his family and he's claimed he's innocent.
Family had no idea he had a double life. Thought he was convicted on his character.
Some evidence that could have helped him wasn't presented. They think he wanted to testify but was told no.
If he would admit to killing they would forgive him but he would deserve punishment.
Sorry it's cut off sentences, I was trying to get what I could.

More extended interview at link 31min worth. I'll have to save watching it for tomorrow.

What is with the way they are grinning and chuckling?? There is NOTHING funny about any of this, yet these people continue to chuckle away at it.

I watched the interview.... my opinion is that they really believe their son. I don't know how ANYONE could believe that bunch of ridiculous lies, much less his family who should know him. I didn't see where they asked about the TOD, but I haven't read the entire interview. That for me was the most damning piece of evidence and could not be explained away. Instead of paying a lot of money for his appeal, maybe they should put a reward out for info leading to the arrest of the real dude who did it. :waitasec:

OK - I just watched the entire 31 minutes. IMO, this family comes across as extremely naive, and somewhat ignorant. For instance, they said their boys have never used curse words so Chris could not have written the notes, letters, messages. They said Sheri may have written those letters because she hated Chris's job. They are in total denial that Chris could have done this and continually stated they were a close family.

I don't know how others feel, but I'd love to hear from someone who knows how to interpret body language. I felt like they were being untruthful in the interview, but that they really do believe Chris is innocent, "because he's not like that". Whatever...

Anyone else notice that their excuse-making extended to Tara? This was Sheri's best friend...involved in this ugly betrayal and sordid affair and The Coleman's call it "romance" and almost share the blame with Sheri for "the void."

When they glide over the threat coming when Chris was in Hawaii...I'd have liked the reporter to add that that letter that terrified Sheri came while Chris and Tara were giggling in the hotel room about "being bad."

These people use Christianity in an offensive way IMO. Now we are to believe that these little boys and this lovely young woman were murdered so Chris could begin his new "ministry."

Anyone else notice that they slipped and spoke of Chris talking about not seeing God working in his life before the murders...something like that...that Monster had no faith. This is all absolutely cringe-worthy.

And was that the son who also sexted Tara with them..or the deer-strangler?

These people are like some awful "fake Christian" knock-off of the Manson Cult and the Munson family combined.

Pretty sad that they cannot or will not see what's so obvious to the rest of us, but they have to hold the party line since he is their son and they probably dont want to believe it-who would if it were their offspring?

Justin Barlow will be doing an interview with KMOV tonight at 10pm

Just a quick post to send Chris off to his future. Good riddance, Buddy. Hope you finally realize the horror you brought down on your truly innocent family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back