Penn State athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child rape case #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are laws that will void any transactions he has made to avoid losing assets in a suspected lawsuit.

Of course there are. In PA, any property obtained as marital property, remains as marital property, even if it was only in one spouses name.

He's not protecting anything, she'd still lose the house in the event of a lawsuit.

This isn't a "saving my wife" move.

Ohio State to Penn State: We support you

When Penn State arrives for their first road game since the child rape allegations involving Jerry Sandusky broke, they will arrive at a school that knows something about scandals.

Earlier this year, Ohio State's Jim Tressel, who was seen by many as above reproach, resigned in disgrace after withholding program violations from the NCAA. The Ohio State college newspaper, The Lantern, posted an article about how Joe Paterno's departure sparked reactions similar to what happened with Tressel.

Several players allegedly swapped team and personal memorabilia and equipment for tattoos and other benefits. Tressel became aware of the transactions, which violate NCAA rules, but did not report them on a form all coaches are required to submit.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/15/ohio-state-to-penn-state-we-support-you/?hpt=hp_t2

I have nothing against Penn State as a university, it's students, or it's players, but there's people out there who just don't get it. To draw a parallel between a school with NCAA violations involving player tattoos and what has transpired at Penn State is insulting and trivializes the agony of the children who were abused.

I have nothing against Penn State as a university, it's students, or it's players, but there's people out there who just don't get it. To draw a parallel between a school with NCAA violations involving player tattoos and what has transpired at Penn State is insulting and trivializes the agony of the children who were abused.

BBM - I sometimes think that's exactly what "they" are trying to do.:maddening:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc...p-penn-states-paterno-so-we-should-drop-nike/

It isn’t even Nike’s continued sponsorship of the Penn State football team that grates. It is Nike’s refusal to address the name of a building on its Oregon corporate campus that now seems so oxymoronic it’d be more at home in an Onion.com satire: the Joe Paterno Child Development Center. The Oregonian was the first to report that Nike has no plans to rename this building, where 200 children under age five spend their days.

I wonder what the policy limits are on the liability insurance that Second Mile holds? What assets do they have that can be sold? Are they just renting space at State College or do they own buildings there?

Unless they have one of the most insured-friendly policies in history, their liability insurance doesn't cover intentional criminal acts. They will be forced into bankruptcy.

Documents filed in Centre County, Pa., show that on July 21, Paterno’s house near campus was turned over to “Suzanne P. Paterno, trustee” for a dollar plus “love and affection.”

Wick Sollers, a lawyer for Paterno, said in an e-mail that the Paternos had been engaged in a “multiyear estate planning program,” and the transfer “was simply one element of that plan.” He said it had nothing to do with the scandal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/s...rred-ownership-of-home-to-his-wife-for-1.html

Yeah right it had nothing to do with a pending scandal breaking... GMAB!

I have a beloved family member who was raped as a child by a police officer in her town...she was a victim of an actual pedophile ring. A few months before the trial, this man transferred his assets in the same fashion to his wife. (He was sentenced 15-life fwiw. I will save my stories of his time in the poky for another day-his fellow inmates did not take kindly to him.)

This does not mean that JoPa believes he will be sued, of course, but it is SOP when facing something of this magnitude. JMVHO.

That sounds like the title of a book or movie. It's so unbelievably sad.
"The Secret That Everyone Knew"

ooooh, yes, great title mahmoo.

Which leads me to this question - why? Why keep this a secret?

My guess only would be that if there is money involved, and people's jobs and securty at stake, then things are covered up.

Think about it. You're the boss. An employee comes to you with news that implicates a crime. A serious crime against a child. Your choices are: Alert your supervisor and the police; look into the incident yourself being of mind that this may not be true; or go through the motions the employee handbook dictates and do your best to never broach the subject again.

There has to be some background reason why officials would want to keep this quiet, outside the idea that it would create a scandal the size of North America. But by doing that, the entire story is even more vicious once it is uncovered. Then they are not only dealing with a sexual abuse crime but the efforts to cover it up. What were these people thinking. What motivated their actions. Who at the top gave orders to keep this quiet.

just my O

http://newsone.com/nation/theloop21/penn-state-scandal-threats-black-students/

Ultimately, a black man’s dead body was found by police near Penn State as one of the death threats said it would. And some black students had to attend their graduation the following May with bulletproof vests on in fear of their life.

But few know about the death threats because Penn State and Joe Paterno were not willing to allow bad publicity to ruin the university’s image, say some of the black students at the center of the tragic events.

In fact, Wolf and other concerned black students met with Paterno back in 2001 because of information circulating that black football players, like then-quarterback Rashard Casey, had been receiving death threats. Wolf recalls Paterno as almost emotionless.

So....the dead black man in 2000/2001 was whom?

"Horsing Around" is one of the most juvenile excuses for bullying. :maddening: And in this case it's really gross and insulting. He still wants us to think he is some kind of camp director whom everyone loves - ugh.

On Dr. Drew tonight they pointed out that Sandusky admitted to Bob Costas that he showered with the boys, and yet didn't seem to realize that lurking around a locker room shower with children is a serious enough offense.

The psychiatrist on the show said she believed Sandusky was enough of a narcissist that he believes he can control the message, when really he is giving out too much information.

Just the idea that Sandusky feels safe to even hint at what went on in the shower facility leads me to believe that assurance has been an on-going process. To me that spells longevity. That this has been going on for a period of time and the guy is comfortable with his comments because so far, and we don't know how many years in all, his secret hasn't been outed but covered up by others around him.

Sandusky's comments to the press to me reflects what he's been telling everyone all along when he's been confronted.

just my O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member