Penn State Sandusky cover-up: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine these past few months have been rather hard on DS...her whole world has fallen apart, her husband is accused of some of the worse, scandalous crimes that exist and now she is stuck in the house with him 24/7...it seems to be driving both of them a little looney...his rambling, pity me speech, her trying to run down a reporter (in the link provided the reporter says DS gunned the car when she saw her and the photographer).....

I'd almost feel sorry for her if she wasn't an enabler and hadn't called the victims liars.

It concerns me that JS so adamantly wants his grandchildren to come visit him...that house doesn't seem to be a healthy environment right now.

Hoping the judge doesn't give in to JS's demands for the visits and travel. The last thing they need to do is start catering to him and letting him feel like he still has some power over the situation and victims he has created.

I totally agree. And given the tragic situation with the Powell brothers, I would hope the courts would protect his grandchildren from him by keeping them far away from his home.

Jerry Sandusky hearing in Centre County - Twitter timeline

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/02/jerry_sandusky_hearing_in_cent_1.html#incart_hbx

Sara Ganim's Twitter excerpts:

Three of #Sandusky grand kids were recommended for psych evaluations bc of contact with him, prosecutor says

prosecutor: 1 in 3 people in Centre County have direct affiliation with PSU, so #Sandusky jury should come from elsewhere

#sandusky smiles wide as prosecutor says: "defendant used his role in the second mile to vicitimize, locate and target victims."

"Sandusky laughs nervously as he says he doesn't understand the judges question about picking juries

#Sandusky laughing as judge asks if he is on meds (yes) that affect his ability to think clearly (no)

Shakespeare:

O villain, villain, smiling, damnèd villain!
My tables—meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain—

Methinks that JS is trying to make the judge think the charges are so ridiculous that he can't take them seriously...he's just a good ol boy, no harm here, just give him what he wants and all will be fine...hope the judge is up on some psychology about how sly predators are....

What a backassward state that is! :banghead:

You can say that again!

It almost seems the legislature made the laws as hard as they can in order to let abusers get a break....what's up with that? From the link above:

That’s why all 49 other states, the District of Columbia, the federal government and the military allow experts to testify at trial about the behaviors of abuse victims.

Pennsylvania does not. And it causes prosecutors to lose cases, said Greg Rowe, the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association’s legislative liaison.

“We need to be able to respond in kind that there is a reason for this,” Rowe said. “It’s not the victim’s fault. We can bring an expert to say why this sort of thing happens, why it does not mean that the evidence is less strong as a result.”

The reason for the delay in Pennsylvania is case law that dates to 1988 that such expert testimony shouldn’t be allowed in court in this state. Legislation would override that, Rowe said.

Two Democrats going after the Republican Governor. It's not much, but Murphy has a better shot in the general election. It will still be hard.

From the link:

No Democrat ever has won the AG’s seat since it became an elected position in Pennsylvania.

Just Wow......

If Sandusky ever goes to trial, we can be sure that the prosecution will read into the court record from page 27 of his book. There, he is describing a really iffy boat ride and how he tends to laugh when nervous. (It's his coping mechanism).

http://www.amazon.com/reader/1582613575?_encoding=UTF8&query=I laugh#reader_1582613575

IDK if you can actually access that directly, since amazon requires you to sign into your account in order to read at length. If anyone wants to, and hasn't already done so. Go to amazon.com. Set up an account (no; they don't harass you with emails). Find his book Touched. Do a word search for "laugh" and/or "nervous". Or otherwise access pg. 27.

From the link:

Just Wow......

The position of AG became elective in 1980; since then, the election was every four years. Anyone is limited to two consecutive terms. Only Republicans have been elected since that time. That includes one, Preate, embroiled in scandal that led to his resignation and conviction on federal charges.

The closest election was in 2008, when the seat was open. Corbett ran against Jim Eisenhower (D), who was a distant cousin of the POTUS of the same name. Eisenhower had run a fairly good race in 2000, and was fairly well respected. Corbett had been appoint to fill out the remainder of Preate's term from 1995-96, but had never run for anything other than a township commissioner's spot in the early 1980's. Corbett, in a bad year for R's, won by just over 50% of the vote.

The position of AG became elective in 1980; since then, the election was every four years. Anyone is limited to two consecutive terms. Only Republicans have been elected since that time. That includes one, Preate, embroiled in scandal that led to his resignation and conviction on federal charges.

The closest election was in 2008, when the seat was open. Corbett ran against Jim Eisenhower (D), who was a distant cousin of the POTUS of the same name. Eisenhower had run a fairly good race in 2000, and was fairly well respected. Corbett had been appoint to fill out the remainder of Preate's term from 1995-96, but had never run for anything other than a township commissioner's spot in the early 1980's. Corbett, in a bad year for R's, won by just over 50% of the vote.

And to bring it back to PSU, President Dwight Eisenhower's brother, Milton S. Eisenhower, was president of Penn State University from 1950-1956, and has an auditorium on campus named in his honor.

Small world, huh?

And to bring it back to PSU, President Dwight Eisenhower's brother, Milton S. Eisenhower, was president of Penn State University from 1950-1956, and has an auditorium on campus named in his honor.

Small world, huh?

Not really. Neither Corbett nor Jim Eisenhower had any direct ties to Penn State. Jim Eisenhower is a very distant cousin of Milton and Dwight David, and of a different political party. http://web.archive.org/web/20050305...news/display.v/ART/4153bbac23a76?in_archive=1

I knew some other very distant cousins of DDE; they spell the last name "Eisenhauer." I myself am the 5th cousin to a former Governor of Arizona, but I never met the guy. I didn't know about it until I read about his background in a newspaper. We had mutual ancestors, the last on of which died around 1800.

[And with a great deal of irony, I just saw my fifth cousin on television.]

Court gives Jerry Sandusky everything he wants, dishes up his grandchildren to him on a silver platter, let's him do drive byes of his victims homes, let's him have any friends over he wants and he can keep throwing hi biscuits out in the yard for the dog while the kids are on the playground as long as he stays on the porch.

Oh and the ex-daughter in-law who does not want her kids near him....well this court found it would be best for those kids to be with Jerry but this court is differing it to the other court.

Oh yeah and Jerry can skype with everybody.

What freaking evil lurks in this case just astounds me.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/media/up...O CROSS MOTIONS TO MODIFY BAIL CONDITIONS.pdf

Court gives Jerry Sandusky everything he wants, dishes up his grandchildren to him on a silver platter, let's him do drive byes of his victims homes, let's him have any friends over he wants and he can keep throwing hi biscuits out in the yard for the dog while the kids are on the playground as long as he stays on the porch.

Oh and the ex-daughter in-law who does not want her kids near him....well this court found it would be best for those kids to be with Jerry but this court is differing it to the other court.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/media/up...O CROSS MOTIONS TO MODIFY BAIL CONDITIONS.pdf

My oh my, wouldn't it just be the strangest of all coincidences to find out THIS judge also has/had ties to The Second Mile?

This is SICK!

There's one good thing I see: IF investigators are on their toes, and want to do it, I betcha they can convince a judge to issue a warrant to remotely install a keylogger on Jer's electronics. It can be done effectively to capture Skype these days as well.

Also, as the pressure mounts on a pedophile who has his usual access to victims removed, he will often resort to alternative modes of pursuing his interests. Including things such as accessing child *advertiser censored* in chat rooms.

There are medications that are helpful in reducing these impulses, of course. With a compliant patient, who perhaps wishes to temporarily have some assistance with this.

I have no idea what medications Mr. Sandusky is on. Just a general discussion of what medical help is available to a cooperative pedophile.

Just saw this on the TruTV update and can barely control my disgust for this monster and all those who continue to enable him. :furious:

No change of venue, no outside jury pools, no restrictions on visitors or time outdoors for good ol' Jerry. I'm surprised the court didn't send him a muffin basket while they were at it.

Surely someone needs to start a fund to build a privacy screen between Sandusky's home and the playground area. Those children shouldn't be forced to sacrifice their recreation time because this judge is too cowardly to protect them. He's looking more and more like just another shill for the mighty Penn State machine. :tsktsk:

There's one good thing I see: IF investigators are on their toes, and want to do it, I betcha they can convince a judge to issue a warrant to remotely install a keylogger on Jer's electronics. It can be done effectively to capture Skype these days as well.

Also, as the pressure mounts on a pedophile who has his usual access to victims removed, he will often resort to alternative modes of pursuing his interests. Including things such as accessing child *advertiser censored* in chat rooms.

There are medications that are helpful in reducing these impulses, of course. With a compliant patient, who perhaps wishes to temporarily have some assistance with this.

I have no idea what medications Mr. Sandusky is on. Just a general discussion of what medical help is available to a cooperative pedophile.

Right! This guy is a predator. A wolf prefers to stalk, chase and eat prey of a certain type and age group. If the pickings are slim then he will chose other prey modify his stalk, the chase and eat.

There is a real honest down to earth reason these people are called predators.

My oh my, wouldn't it just be the strangest of all coincidences to find out THIS judge also has/had ties to The Second Mile?

This is SICK!

They apparently checked and there were no ties. His home county is not in the same media market. He didn't even go to college in the state.

He appears to be an okay guy.

Winning the Centre County jury might backfire on him. At least I hope it does. It sounded like the judge made it plain to Sandusky he can't complain about it in the future.

Very true. Informed consent.

One third of the population has direct ties to Penn State. The Gricar angle brings in Centre County itself. These are the two biggest news stories in the county in the last decade.

Curley is moving for dismissal on perjury: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/02/without_joe_paterno_testimony.html

He actually has a fair shot at it.

They apparently checked and there were no ties. His home county is not in the same media market. He didn't even go to college in the state.

He appears to be an okay guy.

IDK about that okay guy part. I can't imagine an accused pedophile being allowed to feed doggie treats to his dog 30 feet from a school playground anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther