Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
JS may be on meds that ostensibly cause laughter at inappropriate times. However, remember him saying in his book, Touched, that he laughs when he gets nervous?

Per In-Session

Sandusky was in court with his wife.

May 14th is Trial Date

I've got to agree. The lawyers look SO uncomfortable! And Sandusky comes across as totally oblivious about what's going on. He's annoyed that his neighbours (who used to bring their kids to his house) are now reporting him for watching kids in the school yard? Um - perhaps they are naturally upset to learn that they brought their kids into the home of a child molester??

Tink

Just brainstorming here, the rules for which mean you let in all ideas.

JJ said "because nobody kills a prosecutor who isn't going to prosecute the killer"

So, turn that around. WHO would kill a prosecutor who isn't going to prosecute? Ideas:

(1) Someone who kills him for a reason unrelated to any known cases;

(2) My current favorite: Someone who, for a personal reason, gets angrier and angrier as time goes on that Gricar did not, and does not, prosecute Sandusky.

Just food for thought.

Mine has always been: Though Gricar chose not to prosecute the 1998 incident (which was weak in comparison to what happened later), when he caught wind of the 2002 incident (through the small town grapevine), Gricar decided to investigate similar allegations against Sandusky. While doing so, powerful monetary interests became aware of what a disaster a Sandusky trial would be for their pet projects, and someone acted to "take care of it."

Regarding Gricar's laptop taken to the place he was last seen, then dismantled and thrown into the river: Because of issues of anonymity, Ray had the habit of meeting and interviewing in off the beaten places in the surrounding countryside as to not be obvious. The laptop was destroyed because that's where all the "evidence" of Gricar's suspicions were located.

So, my pet speculation's motive is because Ray easily could have been looking at Sandusky again, for more than just the 1998 allegations. I know if I'd become aware of this dude, I'd be watching and waiting to hear anything about his behavior that pointed to new victims-- because certainly a DA of his stature knows pedophiles don't stop, they escalate.

MOO

Was Sandusky closing his eyes during his little soliloquy? Trying to disassociate right before our eyes? Hmm, sounds vaguely familiar (but at least we know his name!)!

The creep factor was amplified by the pained expressions of Amendola-- I think his defense knows it's old Jer's turn to be screwed. moo

I'm looking forward to May. Yes, I am.

Yes, I like your theory, too. Probably is correct about somebody with money taking care of things. Either he/they were guilty of child sex crimes using the same pool of children Sandusky used, or they were just protecting their financial interests. SO many people with gobs of money had ventures going with each other. I seriously doubt that JS knew anything about that sort of murder scenario. IF it happened.

The only thing that has my interest about my recent pet idea came, originally, from a brainstorming session at a convention with my far-flung PI buddies. Just tossing things around. Other connections to Gricar. The Mel Wiley thing. Patty Fornicola having relatives around the Cleveland Ohio area; what an odd coincidence.

Then, once Sandusky got charged, some of the press who knew about all of it, being so adamant about Gricar being such a bad guy for not going after Gricar in 1998 or subsequently. My pals are paying attention to that. What can we unearth that ties all of it together?

Oh, and why can't Dottie exercise the Sandusky dog? Reading sara ganim's tweets, the need for the dog to be exercised was raised, I think with Jerry's probation officer? This is like a farce.

I think this why 2007 and 1998 are so very important; there are independent witnesses to some of Sandusky's actions and comments.

If the victim in 2002 is found, it would become important.

In one of those articles I read where the AG was answering reporters' questions about the investigation, one of them asked her about the 2002 victim not being found for the trial. Her response was that even if the victim could not be identified they could still prosecute that charge if there was good witness testimony. And McQueary did prove to be a good witness at the Curley/Schultz preliminary hearing.

I haven't been able so far to find that article again altho I thought I saved it, so just consider it MO. If I come across it again I'll post it.

Somebody remind Sandusky those people standing beside him are being PAID to stand beside him...............you know the right to representation and if he can't afford a lawyer one will be appointed........etc.

Since when does the perp go to the microphones. He is out of control on many fronts and sometime in the future Amendola and crew will realize this if they don't already. JMO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/jerry-sandusky-sensitive-allegations-15556139

Video clip of Sandusky talking to the press after the hearing and Amendola looking spastic.

:puke:

It's all about him. It's all about his inconvenience and limited lifestyle now. Ewwwww! Poor Jerry he can't throw biscuits to his dog. :what:

Somebody remind Sandusky those people standing beside him are being PAID to stand beside him...............you know the right to representation and if he can't afford a lawyer one will be appointed........etc.

Since when does the perp go to the microphones. He is out of control on many fronts and sometime in the future Amendola and crew will realize this if they don't already. JMO

BBM

He looked like he thought he was being honored for something the way he stood there and addressed the reporters. It was weird as hell. :waitasec:

Most defendants walk away from reporters with the "I have nothing to say." line. Not Jerry, evidently.

Mine has always been: Though Gricar chose not to prosecute the 1998 incident (which was weak in comparison to what happened later), when he caught wind of the 2002 incident (through the small town grapevine), Gricar decided to investigate similar allegations against Sandusky. While doing so, powerful monetary interests became aware of what a disaster a Sandusky trial would be for their pet projects, and someone acted to "take care of it."

1998, however, is much stronger than 2002, though the crime is less serious.

1998: 2 victims (one not available today), at least three witnesses to the admission.

2002: One witness, no victim.

Regarding Gricar's laptop taken to the place he was last seen, then dismantled and thrown into the river: Because of issues of anonymity, Ray had the habit of meeting and interviewing in off the beaten places in the surrounding countryside as to not be obvious. The laptop was destroyed because that's where all the "evidence" of Gricar's suspicions were located.

That does not explain the computer searches, nor RFG asking individuals how to erase a hard drive.

Also, RFG was not known to see witnesses in out of the way places. He really didn't do any investigating directly.

In one of those articles I read where the AG was answering reporters' questions about the investigation, one of them asked her about the 2002 victim not being found for the trial. Her response was that even if the victim could not be identified they could still prosecute that charge if there was good witness testimony. And McQueary did prove to be a good witness at the Curley/Schultz preliminary hearing.

I haven't been able so far to find that article again altho I thought I saved it, so just consider it MO. If I come across it again I'll post it.

Prosecuting and winning are two very different things. You can file, but you may not win. Unless a jury believes McQueary beyond a reasonable doubt, Sandusky is acquitted.

The only thing that has my interest about my recent pet idea came, originally, from a brainstorming session at a convention with my far-flung PI buddies. Just tossing things around. Other connections to Gricar. The Mel Wiley thing. Patty Fornicola having relatives around the Cleveland Ohio area; what an odd coincidence.

As far as I know, Patty Fornicola (PEF) has no relatives in Ohio. She has one brother in Centre County and another brother in Tennesee, I think with the NRC.

She has two cousins in Centre County and her late uncle was the Mayor of Bellefonte (whom I had met). He was known as "Mr. Bellefonte," and was considered responsible for a 1960-1980 renaissance there.

One relative was either a collegiate of high school wrestler (1950's-1960's) and was well known in sports circles.

PEF still lives in what is her childhood home; she grew up in the house she shared with RFG. When she "went away" to school, it was 11 miles down the road. :)

RFG was born in a Cleveland suburb, went to law school in the area, and was a prosecutor in Cleveland for about 12 years, before moving to Centre County.

I think they already realize this going by the looks Amendola and the other guy behind JS were giving each other....it was like...which one of us is going to strangle him?

Along with Quiche and others here, I am so looking forward to this trial, oh yes indeed!

Please, please, put this idjit on the stand so he can 'defend' himself...game over!

Amendola wants the boys' psychological files? when the one he should be studying is his client's....ol JS's psych file and this case will become the standard for what makes a pedophile and how to build a case against them.

Reading some tweets.....

Judge expects a May trial date.

Judge won't rule on release of Grand Jury Testimony today.

Amdendola says Prosecutors request additional time to give defense information they are requesting from Discovery.

Amendola pointing out that if Sandusky were in jail he would have 2 hours per week to have friends visit - he would like that consideration in Sandusky's home.

Amendola relaying that Sandusky would travel rarely with PI

Well, put him in jail and he can have those friends visit...does he even have any left?
Being in his own home is enough without friends visiting...I like the AG's take: it's not meant to be a 'house party'.

The judge should deny all travel with anybody much less a PI!

:puke:

It's all about him. It's all about his inconvenience and limited lifestyle now. Ewwwww! Poor Jerry he can't throw biscuits to his dog. :what:

BBM

He looked like he thought he was being honored for something the way he stood there and addressed the reporters. It was weird as hell. :waitasec:

Most defendants walk away from reporters with the "I have nothing to say." line. Not Jerry, evidently.

I don't think Jer understands boundaries. And what was up with him continuoisly waving his right arm and talking about how people have turned on him? blah blah blah biscuits.....dog... blah blah....hundreds of people have sat on that deck......thousands of people...blah....and on and on....

You are right it was weird as He!!

moo

wm

His attys faces said it all imo!

Prosecuting and winning are two very different things. You can file, but you may not win. Unless a jury believes McQueary beyond a reasonable doubt, Sandusky is acquitted.

I hope you mean acquitted of that charge only...

I think McQueary is very believable....the grand jury found him so believable that they accepted his version of what happened over 2 high officials from the college, enough to charge them with perjury.

If there is an unbiased jury that is not trying to save the reputation of their county, college and former coach, there should be no problem with McQueary being believed.

Amendola wants the boys' psychological files? when the one he should be studying is his client's....ol JS's psych file and this case will become the standard for what makes a pedophile and how to build a case against them.

I'm not sure it the "boys" psychological file.

It's become apparent now, since we heard that there were other incidents investigators could have pursued but didn't, because they either "didn't fit the profile" or were found to be not credible, that prosecutors felt they needed more than the one 1998 set of charges i order to win. That's why they've waited this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member