People Magazine - Caylee Anthony's Family Secrets

I scanned the magazine while standing in line at Walmart yesterday, didn't see anything we hadn't already known.

lol. i was thinking something like that and then i scrolled down and saw you'd posted it. :)

For what it's worth to the anti-Georgers:
I think the majority of info we get about how Cindy was over-worked and financially strapped because George never worked etc etc, is coming from Shirley P's emails.
I think it's important to consider that Shirley P probably got all of her information, either directly for indirectly, from her daughter, Cindy. I don't think it strains the mind to imagine that some of Cindy's claims could have been exaggerated re: George.

shirley is also the source for the comment about the counselor cindy talked to. cindy has a martyr complex. george is a freeloader, but i bet his spine was removed years ago and surgically replaced with cindy's hand.

I feel for Rick having to take a beating for going public on this even before the People article. (We don't know if any of that came from him!)

He is trying to protect his parents, imo. I think he came forward with information because he is watching them deteriorate before his eyes and he blames not only Cindy, but Casey, George, and Lee for all of what is happening. By telling the truth, Rick is letting the world know that not everyone in their family is supportive of the lies and manipulations forced on the public and LE.

I feel most sorry for his (Rick's) parents in all of this because you can see the love between Caylee and her "Papa". I am sure they are broken and distraught over losing her then to watch the way Cindy and George have acted must be horrendous. I can see them being ashamed and angry with all the lies and deceit. IMO, Rick coming forward was his way of trying to force the A fam to be honest for once and to distance the other relatives because they are the real innocent victims here besides Caylee.

I worked for a magazine, to remain annonymous...no it was NOT people. This article has probably been in the works for several WEEKS, possibly even months. I honestly don't think it was placed into publication at the precise time GA is in the hospital. Heck, the proofing/editing and printing stage takes weeks in and of itself. Not to mention, who knows when the mysterious source went to the mag to begin with. It's all a process and I think the timing is not great, but I don't think they said "hey he's in the hospital, lets release the article to get him while he's down". Unfortunately everyone is free game in the eyes of the media, it's America. Unfortunately the media isn't only there when the A's want to vent or bad mouth someone. Media is a two way street, and if you can't take the heat then you need NOT be in the kitchen. JMO.

:Banane35:Amen

I am in the magazine business and am familiar with weekly magazines, just like People. I can tell you for certain these magazines are written in a day and printed and distributed in several days. There might be certain parts of a story that have some work put into them but for the breaking news parts it can hit the streets in as little as three days.

I feel for Rick having to take a beating for going public on this even before the People article. (We don't know if any of that came from him!)

He is trying to protect his parents, imo. I think he came forward with information because he is watching them deteriorate before his eyes and he blames not only Cindy, but Casey, George, and Lee for all of what is happening. By telling the truth, Rick is letting the world know that not everyone in their family is supportive of the lies and manipulations forced on the public and LE.

I feel most sorry for his (Rick's) parents in all of this because you can see the love between Caylee and her "Papa". I am sure they are broken and distraught over losing her then to watch the way Cindy and George have acted must be horrendous. I can see them being ashamed and angry with all the lies and deceit. IMO, Rick coming forward was his way of trying to force the A fam to be honest for once and to distance the other relatives because they are the real innocent victims here besides Caylee.

I think Rick's head was exploding, he had blown a gut by the time he went on Topix. He was beyond upset and his total frustration showed. I don't blame him for wanting to reach out to anyone, total strangers on a message board, anyone, he couldn't keep it inside anymore.

And for all the people who blast him for his angry emails to Cindy, I wish they'd read them in sequence. He started out with frustration but also lots of compassion -- and you could see, with each response from Cindy he became more and more agitated. He tried hard in my opinion to be civil but direct, then when faced with the hostile and unbelievable responses he got back he became understandably angry.

I can't remember if his Topix posting was before or after the series of emails, I'm betting *after*. It doesn't really matter I guess. I feel for him. Gee, there are so few shafts of light in this whole mess I'm just grateful for any real emotion.

lol. i was thinking something like that and then i scrolled down and saw you'd posted it. :)

I think the majority of info we get about how Cindy was over-worked and financially strapped because George never worked etc etc, is coming from Shirley P's emails. I think it's important to consider that Shirley P probably got all of her information, either directly for indirectly, from her daughter, Cindy. I don't think it strains the mind to imagine that some of Cindy's claims could have been exaggerated re: George.

Not from my perspective...I look at his work history, throwing his father through the glass and losing all of the family's money, even though he had a dependent granddaughter that would need that money. I've never even read Shirley P's emails. Any man in their 50s who gambles the family's life savings and puts the house over his granddaughters head in jeopardy has some serious issues, imo.

I feel the same.

He is the only A family member who seems to care about Caylee, and the only one who is co-operating with LE. Thank goodness at least one A has enough integrity to assist LE in the horrible murder of Caylee and shame on the others for refusing to assist unless given immunity.

I think the majority of info we get about how Cindy was over-worked and financially strapped because George never worked etc etc, is coming from Shirley P's emails.
I think it's important to consider that Shirley P probably got all of her information, either directly for indirectly, from her daughter, Cindy. I don't think it strains the mind to imagine that some of Cindy's claims could have been exaggerated re: George.

I'm not anti-George. What I am is anti-Cindy bashing. I'm quite certain Cindy's mother did get her information from Cindy. But I am of the opinion that Cindy probably didn't make this stuff up. What reason would she possibly have to lie about her husband to her mother? I can't understand why everyone is blaming CA for all the family's misfortunes.

Not from my perspective...I look at his work history, throwing his father through the glass and losing all of the family's money, even though he had a dependent granddaughter that would need that money. I've never even read Shirley P's emails. Any man in their 50s who gambles the family's life savings and puts the house over his granddaughters head in jeopardy has some serious issues, imo.

I totally agree. In GA's case, I understand nobody's perfect and people make mistakes, which is why I don't understand the CA bashing. There are things she has done during this whole thing that I don't agree with, but then again fortunately I've never been in her situation. My point is that GA obviously isn't a saint and people are being too quick in accusing CA of being a "maniac".

I totally agree. In GA's case, I understand nobody's perfect and people make mistakes, which is why I don't understand the CA bashing. There are things she has done during this whole thing that I don't agree with, but then again fortunately I've never been in her situation. My point is that GA obviously isn't a saint and people are being too quick in accusing CA of being a "maniac".

I agree with you.

I agree too.

The reason for the moving from this room to that room and from this unit to that unit within a hospital is insurance coverage (or lack of it) and what will be paid for, combined with the patient's current condition.

Are games played? Oh, yes.

I would doubt that George is being hospitalized involuntarily at this point. But I'll bet neither he nor his doctor wants him back in Casa Anthony at this time.

Re; People magazine. I am always amazed that folks have the perception that this publication is so much more "reliable" than others. Actually the National Enquirer has had much more publicly acknowledged credibility in their reporting. Most recently by the editor of the Washington Post IIRC. They scooped many other publications on the John Edwards love child story.

I think my fave was when LE on the OJ case found a footprint made by a size-12 Bruno Magli shoe.

OJ said it wasn't his, he'd "never buy those ugly-azz shoes."

So, the Enquirer published a photo of him wearing that VERY shoe.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back