Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The autopsy rapport says she was found topless and had scraping wounds all over her body. (Source: RTL Nieuws)

CNN Live:
Santiago - capital of Chile
It will take about 48 hours to finish paperwork to extradite to Lima, Peru.

According to what Nancy Grace had on last night- pretty primitive prisons- no indoor plumbing- you squat over a hole to take care of your business. Certainly not what he's been accustomed to! Let's hope he gets to experience it...

About 20 years ago I had a friend from Peru who told me that there really aren't any corrections officers in the prisons there. The inmates run it and the place is simply surrounded with well armed guards to keep em inside.

If that is true...it should be a model for prisons everywhere.

Anyone know for sure what time the PC is & whether it will be carried live?

JORAN VAN DER SLOOT ARRESTED IN CHILE
Joran van der Sloot was arrested in Chile. It has a police spokesperson confirmed. The Dutchman was on the run after the death of a Peruvian girl.

Joran_Meisje_Peru.jpg

According to media in Peru Van der Sloot was arrested while he was in a taxi on the road to Viña del Mar in Chile. He rode on the route 68, the main road from Santiago to the resort.
Each time a launch press conference in Santiago, the capital of Chile. On Twitter rumors that Joran was arrested in Santiago.
Justice in the Netherlands can not confirm anything. Interpol has confirmed to CNN that Van der Sloot was arrested.
Van der Sloot is suspected Stephany Flores in Peru have killed. The Dutchman, the 21-year-old Peruvian with violence killed at a hotel in the Miraflores district of Lima and then the border with Chile have fled.
Van der Sloot is also suspected in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway in 2005.

Link

(translated)

CNN News: It will be a Peruvian case, but Interpol and Chile will be participating (videotapes, eyewitnesses)...

Awesome news!!!!! I was hoping to hear this news when I checked in again! Glad he was caught! RIP Natalee and Stephany.

You guys are right, we dont know how many more lives he took. What a SOB. I hope he rots in prison.

About 20 years ago I had a friend from Peru who told me that there really aren't any corrections officers in the prisons there. The inmates run it and the place is simply surrounded with well armed guards to keep em inside.

If that is true...it should be a model for prisons everywhere.

Prison conditions in Peru are poor; 91 percent of the prisons have no medical facilities, 18 percent are without bathrooms, 77 percent do not provide beds or matresses, and all are lacking with regard to prison uniforms and adequate meals. http://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/Abstract.aspx?id=75201

Also at link:
Arrested individuals must be brought before a judge within 24 hours. The judge can order up to 10 days of detention, and a provisional detention can be extended to 50 days. Bail is not allowed. To provide for judicial checks, the laws call for superior court review of all cases involving pretrial detention in July and at Christmas.. . . .
Although Peru's laws encourage a speedy investigation and trial, an increase in crime and lack of criminal justice personnel have resulted in considerable delays.

Joran van der Sloot has been found in Chile:

http://twitter.com/Jayhootsen

BREKEND: Joran van der Sloot gevonden in Santiago. Zojuist heeft de PDI me dat telefonisch bevestigd

Translation: BREAKING: Joran van der Sloot found in Santiago. The PDI has just confirmed this to me by phone.

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You beat the news wires and cable news networks!!!!! I'm IMPRESSED!!!!!

Tim Miller is so close to my heart. I just love that man. And it is CHILLING what he and Dave were told when they were going to dig in that landfill. The island KNOWS that murder was covered up, and now there's another one.

God Bless the Holloways, the Ramirez's, and people like Tim Miller.

I've always hoped that Natalee's remains could be found so the Holloways could bring her home and have that closure. One of the talking heads yesterday.......JVM I think, said the only way that might happen is if the death penalty was in play and Joran could be persuaded to lead authorities to Natalee's remains in exchange for a reduced sentence - LWOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg