Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
To your question whether I had a relationship with a girl name "Rika", I answer you the following. Rika was my girlfriend but we did not have a sexual relationship with each other. We may have done some french kissing but I did not have sexual relations with her because she is 12 years old. Rika's parents found out about our relationship and that is why we stopped the relationship. I do not know Rika's last name.

This is my statement in accordance with the truth".

J.A.P. van der SLOOT

After the suspect J.A.P. van der SLOOT had read the statement he had given, he stated he would persist in it and signed the statement.

Jorans police statement. Kissing a 12 yr old but no sexual relations notice how he points that out, he knows right from wrong. Disgusting.

http://www.hollowaycase.com/archive/police_documents/index.htm

If he is, in fact, a psychopath, then he doesn't. But, he does know what the laws are.

I, also, am curious about when this statement was made and how old he was when he made it.

It doesn't have a age in the doccument. But it go's on to say in another doccument he was dating a 17 yr old at the same time he was being questioned and dating another girl I assume they split (17 yr old) I say old enough to know better than to be a 12 yr old my opinion. Because her family never knew they were togethor when they found out they made them break up.

Could you link us to these document(s), please.

If Joran received a threatening message on facebook as he states in his confession, I would like to know what language it was written in and if Stephany was even capable of reading this message which I'm assuming was not in Spanish.
I know many on this board feel that his parents are responsible for creating this monster by spoiling him, but I don't. I catered to every whim of my children, spoiled them rotten, tried to make each and every day a happy one for them and they are productive members of society, now spoiling and catering to every whim of their own children. It is not what we are given in life, it is what we choose to do with what is given that makes us who we are.

You know, I have three grown children. Really great kids, and when they were young I guess you could say I 'spoiled' them as well. I also didn't sweat the small stuff. My dad, retired military, really worried about some of the stuff I ignored and refused to get all lathered up over. I always figured, in the long run, does...... whatever it was......... really make a difference to the type of people I wanted my kids to grow into. If the answer was no, I let it go.

BUT...... I never tolerated dishonesty, or thoughtless and cruel words to others...... mean behavior directed at ANYONE. IF the stories we have heard about Joran's upbringing, his impulsive, thoughtless and cruel behaviors are true...... if,...... then his parents did a whole heck of a lot more than 'spoil' the kid.........Joran's habitual lying would have had me in his face, day and night, because I cannot tolerate a liar. I believe in the saying, "my word is my bond'....... I wanted my kids to understand just how important it was......to say something and to know that your word was accepted......because your reputation for honesty preceded you, wherever you went in life. Joran?? His reputation is that of deceit and DIS-honesty. How can anyone ever believe a word that comes out of that boy?? I don't.

pattyjo

If he is, in fact, a psychopath, then he doesn't. But, he does know what the laws are.

I, also, am curious about when this statement was made and how old he was when he made it.

anti socials do understand right from wrong...they just choose this route due to the need for stimulation as well as having poor behavioral control...JMHO

Actually, psychopaths very clearly know right from wrong, which is why they are allowed to be tried instead of being labeled insane. Psychotics, on the other hand, don't know right from wrong when they commit the crime.

These videos explain the difference. (There are 6 parts)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh-bJTftomQ[/ame]

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchvixen
It's interesting that people are feeling empathy for Joran but mostly everyone wanted to crucify Casey.

I don't have empathy for Joran or Casey. I think it's the living conditions that bother me in the Joran case. Casey is sitting easy eating her candy bars while waiting for trial, while in Peru the dogs are treated better. Personally, it's a side of foreign prisons that I'm just learning about (which, yes, may be perceived as empathy).

IMHO, I think the death penalty would be better than living at Castro Castro - but that's just me.

MOO

Mel

I agree and think the death penalty should be applied in this case, but not by the criminals. Though I am from Texas and believe/know that innocent people have died on death row, it causes me to not support the death penalty except for cases of confession and matching forensic evidence.

I think Joran knows right from wrong. When he gets in trouble he comes up with more lies and lies to protect himself. He packs blame on others.

On the view Whoopi just said she hopes "he gets acne of the butt!" love the laugh!
Then she said she needed she needed to "LYSOL" herself just talking about JVS!
We all need a laugh after all these horrible details.

BBM:

I have no idea what a replacing member of the joint court of justice is, but when asked by Holland Television Show, NOVA, he says he's a "replacement judge".

Paul van der Sloot: I am a replacing member of the joint court of justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba [1] and I am appointed for a period of three years, from January the first, 2003, until January the first, 2006.

Reporter (Twan Huys): So, you are replacement judge?

Paul van der Sloot: Yes.

linky:

http://scrux.com/natalee/paulusinterview.htm

Best,

Mel

That sounds like he might have been an appellate court judge, temporarily?

In the beginning I thought Joran had sold Natalee to the sex trade,
Looking back it was reported he had hit Natalee, I missed that. He also hit Stephany. He had the map of the ocean when he was found in Lima so I believe Natalee is in the ocean and he planned on putting Stephany there to. Joran is pure evil selfish and will pack blame on everyone else, to save his own skin. I haven't seen anything to suggest a good guy, nice polite caring respectful. I have seen rude, evil, arrogant etc.

I've been lurking here for a couple of years and have only posted once before, but I too thought at first that Joran had sold Natalee. Based on reports of his sex-trafficking activites in Thailand, she would have brought him perhaps 10-15K. That much money would have been hard to explain as an "allowance" from his folks. Now I wonder if the motive in the Holloway case might have been primarily robbery? Maybe Natalee had not spent all her travel money and had a few dollars left. Does anyone know whether any of Natalee's friends knew how much money she had left?

I've been lurking here for a couple of years and have only posted once before, but I too thought at first that Joran had sold Natalee. Based on reports of his sex-trafficking activites in Thailand, she would have brought him perhaps 10-15K. That much money would have been hard to explain as an "allowance" from his folks. Now I wonder if the motive in the Holloway case might have been primarily robbery? Maybe Natalee had not spent all her travel money and had a few dollars left. Does anyone know whether any of Natalee's friends knew how much money she had left?

I don't know the answer to your question, ghostlady - but WELCOME!

I'm going to stick to anger issues- he flies off the handle, cannot control himself.

I also believe it has happened more than twice (killing young women).

I rank that as one of the single best questions or suggestions regarding a motive in the Holloway case I have ever heard. Especially in light of what we know about Joran now, his obsession almost with money. I think he exhibited it then, its just that most of us didn't know him and didn't recognize it.

I feel NO empathy for Joran only for the victims do I have empathy for.
I think Joran is right where he should be........ Some place where he has to answer for his crime it is just to bad it took this long to get here. If Aruba would of charged him years ago this other beautiful woman would be alive. IMO

Before I had doubt he really did throw a homeless person off a bridge and thought the translation was bad and it was a stray dog or something. Then I read this
http://forum.purseblog.com/up-to-th...ay-suspect-van-der-sloot-wanted-594229-6.html

When he was younger, he killed his dog. He also threw his friend through a McDonald's window. He threw a drug dealer friend of his off of a bridge. This was all before any murders. Why didn't his parents stop him then? His mom should be in jail along with him.

I would like to read an actual article showing these stories as fact. No offense, but I have looked for a news article and only have found stories on other forums regarding killing the dog and throwing someone off a bridge. Does anyone have a link to a news report for these stories?

If he's telling the truth, JVS says in his confession that he removed the pants after she was dead. It's my belief that he did it to stage an attempted rape (by someone else).

Or maybe he was attempting to rape her, she fought back and that's why and how she died.

Jean C on HLN saying that JVS can leave his cell, interact with the other prisoner,ugh, there is tv and a weight room................nice.........NOT:banghead:

also leaves his cell to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member