Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 10 cells in this very specialized unit [of the jail.] Only 2 are occupied right now.

This is where Joran stays and when we leave he will be right back here where he will await trial.

Which may be a long way away according to the anchor.

Talking about the prison being overcrowded. Showing the kitchen. Talking about Joran not eating food from the kitchen.

Anchor says that HLN is having extended coverage of their exclusives today including interviews with Stephany's family.

Once again, I'm confused. :waitasec:

The first page of the police report from Radar-Online states that "Second box [on the diagram]: the corpse was found in lateral position with the arms extended and legs against the wall." Yet the diagram shows her body lying on the opposide side of the bed, away from the wall.

http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/71397/2010/06/official-case-file-joran-van-der-sloot

As per the body and door location on the diagram, her body would have been clearly visible from the door, . So, then why didn't the hotel employee see her when he unlocked the door for Joran???

Hopefully, at some point, all the facts in this case will eventually line up and make sense!!

RE The alleged swollen knuckle(s).

I remember when some first wrote that and looking at whatever pic was out then, and did not see that.

So a few things please.

1. I didn't see that in the pics I saw, can someone please post a link to a photo that s/he claims shows this.
2. Most of us that have done any significant martial arts or boxing have permanently enlarged knuckles.
3. This then goes to my earlier hypothesis about his elbowing. Does anyone know if martial arts were among the sports this "fantastic sporter" studied? [Mama's words, not mine.]

Thank you--especially for any link to a photo of "swollen knuckles."

capt.ed464bfc8cb5458abbfa688a3677fcb1-ed464bfc8cb5458abbfa688a3677fcb1-0.jpg

There's an enlarged photo of his hand in this photo here somewhere.

Nana46 I missed your knock-knock joke but IMO that was a good one. Really funny.

Weird:

In trying to find some photo that might show some "swollen knuckle", it led me to GVS' blog. Someone actually commented that Joran couldn't be her killer, because "there's not a mark on Joran--not even his knuckles." (I don't agree with that assessment of him.)

Of course, you can't see his elbow, and it likely wouldn't even be marked. But if that's what he used on her face, a cast could be made to fit the damage to her face.

I wonder, if in Peru, they present the evidence at the preliminary hearing which is what, Monday? Anyone here know?

The first page of the police report from Radar-Online states that "Second box [on the diagram]: the corpse was found in lateral position with the arms extended and legs against the wall." Yet the diagram shows her body lying on the opposide side of the bed, away from the wall.

http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/71397/2010/06/official-case-file-joran-van-der-sloot

As per the body and door location on the diagram, her body would have been clearly visible from the door, . So, then why didn't the hotel employee see her when he unlocked the door for Joran???

Hopefully, at some point, all the facts in this case will eventually line up and make sense!!

I hope so too.

I googled the name of that radar online reporter while she was on NancyG last night. [Tertuszek or something.] Almost everything that I found by her was showbiz gossip - Lindsey L, Michael J, Gary C, and a whole bunch of Twilight stuff. Is anyone familiar with her other reporting? I am curious why she moved from entertainment to "real" news.

capt.ed464bfc8cb5458abbfa688a3677fcb1-ed464bfc8cb5458abbfa688a3677fcb1-0.jpg

There's an enlarged photo of his hand in this photo here somewhere.

Thank you Suzi!

Do you mean the pointer finger knuckle on his left hand?

So 2 things.

1. I thought he is righthanded?
2. That looks more like a permanently enlarged knuckle that most boxers and martial artists have. Rather than a swollen, red knuckle. But you are right an enlarged photo of the hand would be better.

Thank you again. Maybe we are getting somewhere.

HLN just showed the interview with Flores' brother which is attributed to InSession on TruTV.

Dave Holloway wants to send a group of volunteers to search the bird sanctuary. [Aren't they already down there?]

I hope so too.

I googled the name of that radar online reporter while she was on NancyG last night. [Tertuszek or something.] Almost everything that I found by her was showbiz gossip - Lindsey L, Michael J, Gary C, and a whole bunch of Twilight stuff. Is anyone familiar with her other reporting? I am curious why she moved from entertainment to "real" news.

And I have to wonder why, with all the major news agencies chomping at the bit to get their hands on information, all this information is released to ROL. :waitasec:

http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler...n-van-der-sloot-will-never-give-new-evidence/ Natalie Halloways brother speaks. Natalee Holloway’s brother is yet another victim in this sad case. In 10th grade when Natalee went missing, he is not holding on to hope of getting new evidence on Natalee’s location.

“He’s just trying to get a lighter sentence,” Matt tells People in his first interview. “Right now he just knows he’s pretty much screwed on murder.”

That’s consistent with other news we’ve heard-That Joran fears for his life in Peruvian jail. He is under isolation, but inmates are still able to get to him and do not look kindly on those who murder young women. He wants to use one murder as a bargaining chip against another.

Joran has spoken about Natalee’s whereabouts before, even recently attempting to extort money from Natalee’s mom Beth Twitty. The feds got involved and paid him off, but the information that Natalee was buried under a house ended up being false and Joran used the money to travle to Peru where he killed his second (known) victim Stephany Flores

In the article that was posted on the last thread from ABC, Joran's old girlfriend quotes
poetry from a love letter she got from Joran - "Unforgotten..Unforgettable Love," she says van der Sloot wrote, "I don't quite remember the time or how you did your hair. I don't recall what was on my mind or who else was there. "

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/articl...r-sloots-mother-speaks-time/story?id=10935217

When I read that I understood it that this girl was suggesting that those were Joran's original words. I googled the words and found them on this girl's page on black planet

http://www.blackplanet.com/Dat_Dyme_Jhene/

It's hard to see the words because they're on top of the photos, but it you scroll down on the left side they are there. It sounds like it comes from some song or something. So much for Joran's literary talent.

Thanks for posting the link of Anita's e-mail on this thread. Of course, it's all the fault of the American media: she's gotta have someone to blame other than Joran. She must be consulting with Jackie Peterson.:steamed::steamed:

And I have to wonder why, with all the major news agencies chomping at the bit to get their hands on information, all this information is released to ROL. :waitasec:

Aren't they mainly famous for the octomom stories?

This certainly isn't directed at you, Eileen O'B, or anyone else commenting on JVS's ex-girlfriend, but I couldn't care any less about what she has to say about how sweet and wonderful he was/is. She's just looking to cash in and glorifying the criminal and I find it disgusting.

No offense taken - I was just posting it because I thought it illustrated how gullible and pathetic she is - not that we couldn't have figured that out already by the mere fact that she dated and was in love with this guy, LOL, and how empty Joran is emotionally.

Weird:

In trying to find some photo that might show some "swollen knuckle", it led me to GVS' blog. Someone actually commented that Joran couldn't be her killer, because "there's not a mark on Joran--not even his knuckles." (I don't agree with that assessment of him.)

Of course, you can't see his elbow, and it likely wouldn't even be marked. But if that's what he used on her face, a cast could be made to fit the damage to her face.

I wonder, if in Peru, they present the evidence at the preliminary hearing which is what, Monday? Anyone here know?

According to this article, "The prosecutor investigates cases and submits an opinion to a first instance judge, who determines if sufficient evidence exists to open legal proceedings. " I think that what may be what's happening on Monday.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2010/6/5/43941/28113

MOO

According to that diagram, the body has her feet against the wall of the bathroom, and I disagree that she would have been visible from the door of the room.
But, also on the diagram, it makes it look like 309 is a corner room, and based on photos I have seen, I think there is one more room between 309 and the end of the hall where the camera is mounted.

I agree. Yesterday, after seeing the ROL report, I scoured the Peruvian newspapers looking for this information and could find nothing. But, ironically today, several of the Peruvian newspapers are quoting and showing the photos from ROL.

Thank you Suzi!

Do you mean the pointer finger knuckle on his left hand?

So 2 things.

1. I thought he is righthanded?
2. That looks more like a permanently enlarged knuckle that most boxers and martial artists have. Rather than a swollen, red knuckle. But you are right an enlarged photo of the hand would be better.

Thank you again. Maybe we are getting somewhere.

Maybe this will help.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5286831&postcount=134"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Joran Van der Sloot Confesses to Murdering Stephany Flores Ramirez #7[/ame]

According to that diagram, the body has her feet against the wall of the bathroom, and I disagree that she would have been visible from the door of the room.
But, also on the diagram, it makes it look like 309 is a corner room, and based on photos I have seen, I think there is one more room between 309 and the end of the hall where the camera is mounted.

Okay, sorry. I missed that line for the bathroom wall, since the Radar Online logo was somewhat obscuring it.

But I do believe the position of the camera is correct, as per this photo:

Attachments

• Van der Sloot - Hotel Tac - Room 309.jpg
    Van der Sloot - Hotel Tac - Room 309.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors