Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the full translation--whichleaves a lo tot be desired.

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Joran van der Sloot has gone to Peru to escape inclusion in a psychiatric clinic. Joran van der Sloot mother Anita told in an interview with The Associated Press on Saturday that her son had accepted the shooting, but fled at the last minute for his treatment.

I had an appointment with a Dutch clinic 'said Van der Sloot in the newspaper. Two days prior to scheduled departure, however, she found a note on the kitchen table saying that Joran had gone to Peru for a poker tournament.

Anita van der Sloot (53) says in the interview continues to believe that her son is not responsible for the death of Natalee Holloway. She loves it, however, possible that his Peruvian Stephany Flores has killed.

Joran suffers according to his mother with major psychological problems. ,,Joran is ziek in zijn hoofd, maar hij wilde geen hulp.'' ,, Joran is sick in his head, but he wanted no help.''

I left the one Dutch sentence in: "Joran is ziek in zijn hoofd, maar hij wilde geen hulp."
Joran is sick in the head, but he wanted no help. I know some German and can figur out some of the Dutch.

But di dyou catch the word shooting above, whichis obviously quite incorrect. I think it may mean "committment" but humorously Joran probably vewed it as a "shooting."

Note also it implies or states that Anita believes Joran didn't kill Natlaie, but may have killed Stephany.

I see my inquiring about the insanity defense an hour or two ago was prescient!

ETA: http://www.gelderlander.nl/algemeen...der-Joran-vluchtte-voor-opname-in-kliniek.ece

Please remember to provide links - especially when translating an article.

I just watched 20/20 and the prisoners want him dead, he may need a weapon to defend himself. They said he will probably not survive in there.

I also assume that his preferential treatment Castro Castro is going over like a lead balloon.

When my brain is recharged, I will have to see if mental defense is allowed in Peru. I know that being under the influence was a mitigating factor.

Goodnight everyone

I thought I read somewhere that an 'insanity plea' in Peru only applied if the defendant was totally irrationally insane, which Joran is clearly not.

In the early days of this whole adventure there was a friend who indicated that JVDS was scheduled to go into a therapy setting - then the news just died. Apparently he was scheduled to stay at the clinic the same day that he was picked up in Chile. Details of the clinic were sketchy - we didn't know if it was in Aruba or the Netherlands (he has relatives there still).

very odd translation in this article.... Anita van der Sloot (53) says in the interview continues to believe that her son is not responsible for the death of Natalee Holloway.

Ze houdt het echter wel voor mogelijk dat hij de Peruaanse Stephany Flores heeft omgebracht. She loves it, however, possible that his Peruvian Stephany Flores has killed.:waitasec:

accepted the shooting - what's that?

Here is another translation and yes I read upthread that AVDS does not believe that he killed Natalee.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...der-Joran-vluchtte-voor-opname-in-kliniek.ece

snipped:

Anita van der Sloot (53) says in the interview, still believing that her son is not responsible for the deaths of Natalee Holloway.
However, it is possible that he has killed Peruvian Stephany Flores.

and how about ''discretion" - nice people don't kiss and tell about their encounters

That's a good point. Why would she want to tell the whole world that she had been duped by this guy. It's not that he changed (from what I can tell), it's that over time she discovered who he is. At that point, as hurtful as it is, you work on moving on imo. That said, it is interesting to hear an account of him by someone outside his family. All I'm hearing though is that he was capable of acting one way to her face while, at the same time, conducting himself as he saw fit behind her back. He hasn't changed, he's just been 'discovered'.

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Joran van der Sloot has gone to Peru to escape inclusion in a psychiatric clinic. Joran van der Sloot mother Anita told in an interview with The Associated Press on Saturday that her son had accepted the shooting, but fled at the last minute for his treatment.

I had an appointment with a Dutch clinic 'said Van der Sloot in the newspaper. Two days prior to scheduled departure, however, she found a note on the kitchen table saying that Joran had gone to Peru for a poker tournament.

Anita van der Sloot (53) says in the interview continues to believe that her son is not responsible for the death of Natalee Holloway. She loves it, however, possible that his Peruvian Stephany Flores has killed.

Joran suffers according to his mother with major psychological problems. ,,Joran is ziek in zijn hoofd, maar hij wilde geen hulp.'' ,, Joran is sick in his head, but he wanted no help.''

I left the one Dutch sentence in: "Joran is ziek in zijn hoofd, maar hij wilde geen hulp."
Joran is sick in the head, but he wanted no help. I know some German and can figur out some of the Dutch.

But di dyou catch the word shooting above, whichis obviously quite incorrect. I think it may mean "committment" but humorously Joran probably vewed it as a "shooting."

Note also it implies or states that Anita believes Joran didn't kill Natlaie, but may have killed Stephany.

Just a word to the wise, Bobarino...I'm new here too, but I believe the rules are that we are only allowed to 'snip' up to 10% of an article for copyright reasons. Wouldn't want you to get suspended by a moderator...we'd miss all your informative insights!!

I thought I read somewhere that an 'insanity plea' in Peru only applied if the defendant was totally irrationally insane, which Joran is clearly not.

I am sure that his mother can find some head doctor to swear that he had examined Joran on Aruba and that in his/her opinion was not responsible for any actions he (Joran) might have done.:banghead:

I found this from the JVM transcript tonight:

Jean, Joran has a court date this coming Monday. What do we expect to come out of that hearing?

JEAN CASAREZ, CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION" ON TRUTV: Well, Jane, he`s going to be face-to-face with the judge in this case. It`s going to be in a courtroom that is adjacent to the Castro Castro prison. Usually they`ll take someone and bring them to the justice palace, which is right behind me but because of security reasons, this will be done at the facility close to the jail.

And on Monday, Joran Van Der Sloot is going to have to give a formal statement to the judge. He can`t refuse to do it because Peruvian law, it is mandatory at this point. The prosecutor will be there, the defense attorney will be there. We even understand the family attorney for the Flores family will be there in attendance.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/18/ijvm.01.html

I find it interesting that the victims' family stays in the loop, very different from USA justice IMO.

Ok.
Thanks!
I will try to remember that.
OTOH. I was posting a "free translation". Not the original Dutch article.
Maybe that is different? It sure isn't too accurate a translation!
Lawyers here plese?

I find it interesting that the victims' family stays in the loop, very different from USA justice IMO.

Notice how Peruvian law doesn't allow for not incriminaitng yourself!

But that didn't stop hitman Ospina. He has said nothing my understanding is. OTOH, they maybe will keep him awaiting trial forever?

In the early days of this whole adventure there was a friend who indicated that JVDS was scheduled to go into a therapy setting - then the news just died. Apparently he was scheduled to stay at the clinic the same day that he was picked up in Chile. Details of the clinic were sketchy - we didn't know if it was in Aruba or the Netherlands (he has relatives there still).

I think what you are referring to is in Message #192 of this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5245282&highlight=therapy#post5245282

except that it states that VDS was in therapy before the murder.

I read the article in Dutch. No shooting in that sentence . Just that he agreed to treatment in a clinic but then escaped to Peru two days later.
Amazing that she admits that Joran could have killed Stephany.

Joran Van Der Sloot: From Paradise to Prison
by RUSSELL GOLDMAN
ABC News
Posted on June 9, 2010 at 10:52 AM

This article from June 9th talks about the planned therapy:

"Van der Sloot's father, Paulus, one of Aruba's four judges, died in February 2010, leading Joran to return to Aruba. But according to the friend it also led to a breakdown and plans to enter therapy.
Van der Sloot supposedly realized he needed help.
"In the weeks before the murder things went totally awry with Joran. After the death of his father Joran went to live in Aruba again. Joran had new plans for the future. He was going into therapy... to give his life shape again," the friend told Amesz.
"A week after he was going to be admitted, this happens…" the friend said."

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/joran-van-der-sloot-a-treat-psychiatrists

link from radio netherlands

there is evidence that JVDS ''agreed to enter a psychiatric facility in 2008 but instead fled to Thailand " hmmm see a pattern yet?

Great find Newone!
And it was a fine article with a good translation.

We see that Joran was supposed to possibly be institutionalized 2 years ago.

You could see perhaps his desperate "thinking." First with Thailand. "I'll show them, I can run a business and make money like anyone else (I am writing of the deli now not the trafficking in women).

Then when that failed, and psychiatric committment again looming over him he does the stupid extortion--likely to get money for the Peruvian Poker tournament. Again desperately "thinking" I'll show them, I can make plenty of money by playing poker. I am cool. When all he did was quickly lose $25K, and not even have money to fly home. OR MAYBE HE NO LONGER HAD A HOME OR ANYWHERE TO FLY TO?

Or he felt his mother now was abandoning him (wanted him committed), his father (who may have been his evil accomplice) died, his world was ending, and he didn't even have money to go anywhere, and earlier someone here found he was even asking friends for money for food.

He thought he found an easy mark who had some nice amount of money on her, and she dared to resist his theft and maybe now some part of him even felt he had nothing to lose as his world was over anyway. He probably has depraved indifference to human, and animal, life (his own dog) under the best of circumstances!

Imagine now with his world closing in around him, in his view. He wouldn't have viewed committment as help. (I am not sure how much different my own opinion is of standard psychiatry, but that's for another day. I think his brain is fried from alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, weed, and who knows what else. But he may be "off" even in the best of environmental circumstances).

The point is his world and freedom were ending, and this last ditch (Sloot in Dutch) attempt/fantasy to win "fame and fortune" in that poker tournament ended up in total failure and desperation.

Stephany's winnings were in his mind his very last hope to "stay in the game." I wrote days ago, he probably was "thinking" as he was horrifically beating her, "Look what YOU made me do." Blaming her.

I think this monster now, and forever will only feel sorry for himself in the killing of Stephany. She just ruined his chances of getting back in the game and put him where ever he ends up.

Also people--we see now why Anita is coming to Peru--the psychiatric defense begins.

"Judge my son is good, but sick in the head. He didn't mean to do harm to anyone. Just let me take him back for treatment. Or treat him here for his illness."

I read the article in Dutch. No shooting in that sentence . Just that he agreed to treatment in a clinic but then escaped to Peru two days later.
Amazing that she admits that Joran could have killed Stephany.

What word do they translate as "shooting." And was is the correct translation?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member