Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your TV is set up, you will want to watch 20/20 tonight, for an interview with a former girlfriend of Joran. Also I think John Quiones visits the Castro Castro Prison.

Jean Cazares visited Castro Castro Prison yesterday and there are video reports of that to be found all the CNN places.

Joran visits the judge on Monday.

Thank you Nora! I won't miss it for sure! I will try to go back over the media thread and CNN sites to catch up this weekend sometime.

So can people please look and comment on whether the left hand at that knuckle looks swollen?

TIA.

I can't tell -- but -- he switched cups to left hand and knocked with right -- cuz maybe it hurt to use the left hand??

I can't tell -- but -- he switched cups to left hand and knocked with right -- cuz maybe it hurt to use the left hand??

Thanks. But I am asking about what you see, because that hand is visible about half way through. Just doesn't seem clear enough to me, to see if there is any swelling or not. I mean I cannot make out any swelling.

I can't see any injuries in that video and have watched it many, many times because I was flabbergasted that I was watching someone, IMO, formulate his alibi. I think it's just not a good enough video to see a swollen knuckle.

In the video where JVDS enters the hotel with SF and takes the key from the desk clerk with his left hand, does anybody see anything in his right hand? To me it looks like he has something in his right hand, kind of shaped like a roll of lifesavers but a little bigger. I haven't noticed that possibility being discussed, please forgive me if already addressed. :blushing:

When he switches hands in the alibi video, I thought it might be because he was trying to figure out which way to turn to keep someone from sneaking up on him. Seemed to me like he didn't want someone coming up on him before he was ready. Like he was afraid people would catch him just standing there instead of knocking and looking like he just got back.

It's funny...but true!! Best quote on there: "Karma is a b**ch".

Yes, that video was pretty funny, and probably obvious to all here.

I liked the ending wher ehe says,OJ is probably saying " I thought I was dumb to get caught doing a 2nd crime. But this guy is really dumb for doing the same crime again!"

I did make up a funny review late last night by "Joran" reviewing "Hotel Castro Castro" Probably most here now did not read it?

Maybe I will repost.

Respectfully snipped and coming out of lurk mode to personally say thanks. I'm still laughing. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

While I'm here, you folks have done a great job on these 10 threads. I've not had time to read every single post, but KUDOS everyone!

You're welcome, mermaid. I'm glad it amused you enough to bring you out of lurkdom. Now that you're out, join the fray, why don't 'cha? :)

Review of Castro Castro Accomodations by Joran Van Der Sloot, 6/17/10
As relayed to our correspondent in America, Bobarino

· My ratings for “Hotel” Castro Castro

o Value: “Such a deal. I got in for free! I might just never leave!”

o Meals: “I eat what the very top people here eat. And no extra charge to me! Didn’t get food poisoning, or Giardia or ameobiasis, yet! I can’t say that for other places I’ve been to!”

o Rooms: “Hey I got a private Room! You can’t beat that!

o Location: Center of Hell, er… I mean Lima,

o Cleanliness: “Moma told me I might need to learn how to take care of my room one day. I shoulda listened.”

o Service: “Hey, I haven’t been raped yet.”

o Sleep Quality: “Hey, I haven’t been raped yet.”

o Do you plan to return: “First I gotta get out of here.”

o Would you recommend this place to a friend: “Hey, I haven’t been raped yet. And you can play cards with some very interesting people that I have a lot in common with. So yeah, why not.”

o SPECIAL NOTE: In the event of my demise here, change my recommendation to a no! And donate my remains to science. No, I was only kidding. Can I get money for them? Oh I’d be dead, oh just contact my Mama.

o Did I do it? How much have you got? Oh, that’s right I’m dead now… [Silence]

I can't see any injuries in that video and have watched it many, many times because I was flabbergasted that I was watching someone, IMO, formulate his alibi. I think it's just not a good enough video to see a swollen knuckle.

In the video where JVDS enters the hotel with SF and takes the key from the desk clerk with his left hand, does anybody see anything in his right hand? To me it looks like he has something in his right hand, kind of shaped like a roll of lifesavers but a little bigger. I haven't noticed that possibility being discussed, please forgive me if already addressed. :blushing:

When he switches hands in the alibi video, I thought it might be because he was trying to figure out which way to turn to keep someone from sneaking up on him. Seemed to me like he didn't want someone coming up on him before he was ready. Like he was afraid people would catch him just standing there instead of knocking and looking like he just got back.

I thought it may be a lighter, but it's just a guess.

HLN now are talking about possible motive re MONEY. Joran emailed Melody asking for money so that he could get back to Aruba.....so he was in need of cash.
I myself think the motive for the murder was definitely Stephanys cash winnings.

OK...question. In one of the earley videos, Joran was arrested and he is shown sitting while an official is to the left of the screen counting out cash dollars........
This may be where he was fingerprinted and had to sign his name.
Where did this money come from if he didn't have any to pay the taxie driver? or so he claimed.

Can anyone answer this for me?

I think Jean C wanted to stand out, she has nerves of steel to go to that prison. Even though she was surrounded by guards, it still takes a lot of nerves.

Yes she did (she's wearing orange today though). I'm being goofy anyway. It struck me kind of funny yesterday though, after seeing Joran walking away from his cell area in a new bright orange shirt, that NG was wearing a bright orange blouse (no offense, but not her color). Anyhoo -

When JC was driving up to the prison on a bumpy road, you could hear in her voice how excited she was to actually be getting the opportunity to tour the prison first hand. When she was in Joran's cell, she was using her hands in a sweeping motion to describe the cell then, with a raised inflection in her voice, she said something like 'and he has his own bathroom facilities in his room'. For some reason, at that moment, I seriously cracked up - couldn't stop laughing for five minutes. I thought 'it's like a home show tour'. Anyway, she seemed excited to get in the prison in person and yes, it would be scary imo.

Yes she did (she's wearing orange today though). I'm being goofy anyway. It struck me kind of funny yesterday though, after seeing Joran walking away from his cell area in a new bright orange shirt, that NG was wearing a bright orange blouse (no offense, but not her color). Anyhoo -

When JC was driving up to the prison on a bumpy road, you could hear in her voice how excited she was to actually be getting the opportunity to tour the prison first hand. When she was in Joran's cell, she was using her hands in a sweeping motion to describe the cell then, with a raised inflection in her voice, she said something like 'and he has his own bathroom facilities in his room'. For some reason, at that moment, I seriously cracked up - couldn't stop laughing for five minutes. I thought 'it's like a home show tour'. Anyway, she seemed excited to get in the prison in person and yes, it would be scary imo.

Did she(Jean) say anything about the smell? You know in general population it has to stink.

I thought the same thing regarding the description of Joran's cell. I wonder if Jean passed ABC news in the hallway. :crazy:

In her report from Castro Castro, Jean C. was like a kid in a candy shop. She was so excited about being given access, to get a glimpse of Joran and then to be allowed into his cell. She was simply beside herself. I was really happy for her. She has been going non-stop in Lima and deserved her exclusive. I think she is a top notch reporter and very charming also. Props to Jean.

Did she(Jean) say anything about the smell? You know in general population it has to stink.

No she didn't. I was thinking about that too. Then NG began stating that his cell is nicer than her college dorm room had been. :waitasec: Do we know where she attended college? JC didn't really reply - was being polite because it wasn't the time for her to say 'no this place is gross,' etc. It looked a lot better or brighter than when we saw Joran being brought in there the first time though imo.

It's really gross the way the sink is positioned directly above the hole. Also the hole seems pretty darn small imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror