Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome to ws!

while i can see the connections that you are making and have no way to ultimately prove/disprove them.... i have to say that jvds has never just up and does the "right" thing for the sake of others, so for him to "confess" to this story - then he was made an offer that he couldnt refuse... a really sweet deal and he took it. and not the kind of deal like they threatened him or forced him to confess... but overall i do not think this is a set up. nope. sorry.

[quote snipped=Stephany was buried in record time- no Catholic family (and no other kind outside perhaps of some Muslims) would ever do that. We went from discovery of the body to burial in barely 24 hours. If anything, the process should have taken longer than normal, due to the unusual, highly publicized circumstances. [/QUOTE]

Long time reader, first time poster.

Actually here in Ireland (predominantly Catholic country) all burials take place withing 2-3 days after the person dies. If a person dies, details of the burial are in the next day's papers and the burial itself is the day after that, usually. The only exception is made when relatives have to come from abroad.
Now, I'm originally from Belgium, and funerals there (for catholics and with burial) traditionally take place on a saturday, so sometimes there is a week between dying and funeral. Cremations traditionally are not done on a weekend, so these services take place during the week.

So the fact that she was buried within 24 hours after being found, doesn't really worry me. But the fact that they might not have collected DNA before the burial, that does worry me. It worries me that his attorney may take advantage of it and say that it was contaminated by the burial.

Frieda

I need a crash course in Spanish. :( The only thing I recognized is when someone whistled!

I need a refresher, for sure. I used to be able to read it well, but if you don't use it, you lose it. Interpreting conversational Spanish is difficult if you're not fluent. My favorite expression used to be "despacio, por favor". If they speak slowly, I can figure some of it out.:waitasec:

I can figure out enough Spanish just to be misinformed,lol

It's back. I hope this isn't another 17 hour journey. I can't take it.

I'm enjoying the comments while waiting...

Linky-poo please?

and Thank You!!!! :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members