Pesticide Canisters

Bug spray: maybe as the body began to decompose, insects appeared and pesticide was an attempt to stop that. if casey killed her daughter (and i think she did) she must have had some points of extreme distress, despair when dealing with the body, disposal, and the cover up. she is still human, after all. i would imagine the appearance of insects would be an extremely traumatic moment - i could see using spray in that case.

yes, how tragic for Casey. We should get her some therapy in prison to deal with the post-traumatic stress of murder and disposing of her child's body.

I think the spraying occurred just to prevent the bugs from going all over the trunk. Maybe this indirectly affected the decomposition but this was not the original intention.

but would that work with maggots? I always thought those things were hard to kill. or maybe that's just roaches? ughhh I'm getting itchy just thinking about it.

I want to know if the pesticides could have interfered with the cadaver dogs?

Anyone? Anyone?

TIA,

Salem

...maybe...??!?!??

i did see that they took the cpu again too...
WOW! I didn't know that....fantastic..
No wonder they want immunity. I wonder what LE could have used for the reasoning for that? :waitasec:

Is it possible the parents used it to clean out the trunk?

I wonder if they are trying to substantiate the chemicals they found in the air sample.

I want to know if the pesticides could have interfered with the cadaver dogs?

Anyone? Anyone?

TIA,

Salem

I don't think so..since the smell of decomp was very present in the car even after airing and cleaning. It would dissipate rapidly outdoors. It wouldn't bother cadaver dogs, IMO. Heck, if it was used by kc, it didn't even bother the maggots. That is my reasoning for stating she didn't use the pesticide in the car, the parents did to get rid of the maggots. If in the bag, the gases from the body would take over pesticide, after a few days.

I think CSI took pesticide to see what was in those fumes from the air test...I know petroleum and chloroform was there. So they need the chemicals to compare or credit their findings.

Thank you Whisperer! I was thinking more along the lines of why, potentially, the cadavers dogs did not hit at the discovery site. I know the dogs where "in the area" and may not have actually been close to this particular location, but also wondered if they were, if maybe the chemicals would have masked the odor. I agree with what you are saying and your point about the car makes sense, so I think you are right.. the pesticides would not have made a difference in the smell.

Thanks,

Salem

Are we sure that these containers didn't belong to the CSI folks? Maybe they are used to spray something around? How is luminol done? I have heard all about it, but never have I seen it actually being sprayed anywhere.

Pesticides apparently have the ability to mask the odor of decomp by delaying the process and preventing the sulphuric chlorides or hydrochlorides or something from developing. (whatever it is, it makes the decomp smell)

If pesticides were used in the car, they were used after the car was driven from the tow lot where there were live flies and maggots in it.

Is it possible the parents used it to clean out the trunk?

I wonder if they are trying to substantiate the chemicals they found in the air sample.

IMO they didn't have time from when they picked up the car until LE was on the scene and secured the car the next day. I doubt they had chloroform on hand, and if they did, I don't think they would think of it as a substitute for PineSol. I think if anything, they used chemicals they had on hand to clean out the trunk. I think it's as as OP theorizes, KC was spraying the maggots that infested her trunk. I wish I thought Caylee had just gone to sleep and didn't wake up. I think her death was horrific. MOO

Are we sure that these containers didn't belong to the CSI folks? Maybe they are used to spray something around? How is luminol done? I have heard all about it, but never have I seen it actually being sprayed anywhere.

Pesticides apparently have the ability to mask the odor of decomp by delaying the process and preventing the sulphuric chlorides or hydrochlorides or something from developing. (whatever it is, it makes the decomp smell)

If pesticides were used in the car, they were used after the car was driven from the tow lot where there were live flies and maggots in it.
From ABC
After executing a search warrant, investigators removed bags of evidence from the Anthony's home, including a pillow, a vacuum cleaner, pesticides and pool chemicals.
So they definitely took pesticides. I think they used Luminol in the house back in July or Aug. I think the maggots were a recurring theme in that trunk from the time Caylee died until after the car was secured by LE. Maggots are surprising hard to kill. Maggots are so disgusting- I bet flies secretly hate their children.

WOW! I didn't know that....fantastic..
No wonder they want immunity. I wonder what LE could have used for the reasoning for that? :waitasec:

It could be for finding the letter CA sent about giving them the wrong hair brush for Caylee, imo.
They may find a lot more....

It could be for finding the letter CA sent about giving them the wrong hair brush for Caylee, imo.
They may find a lot more....

No wonder she hired an attorney that day and is quiet. The attorney had not met her but introduced himself upon their arrrival.

I wonder if Baez arranged it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back