Petition for release of info and FOIL info

lmbo! I think it's already been opened.
Dare I ask what the abrev. mean?

I found it!!! :popcorn: There ya go, :justice:

ASDFJKL; = home keys on a keyboard

WWJD = What Would Jesus Do?

EIRWEOIVENWMOKFDWKMDSHJK = tapping the keys because I couldn't think of anything more sarcastic. ;)

Am I allowed to post anymore? Do I meet your criteria for helping? I have put time into this case, alot of time and thought. And for what I bill my clients....I would have made a ton of money if I was billing by the hour plus 15% profit on my expenses.

The fact remains I have atleast 1 serial killer walking around my county. A serial killer that targets women. Atleast 1 serial killer has used MY town, and an area I grew up playing and surfing around as a burial ground I have serveral petite women in my family who my friends are always asking me to hook them up with. I always refuse because I would feel bad if I had to shoot one of my friends if they were ever bad to them. So these women in my family are considered "hot". What if this serial killer(s) evolves and starts going after girls that are not prostitutes. I want this C sucker off the streets. That is my reason for being here. No more, no less.

Sorry if I do not meet your standards. I will however continue to post at my leisure as long as it does not violate the TOS. You can either ignore me, or bring up a coutner argument to my points.

Good Day

LINATIVE13 You have every right to be concerned. The LISK would probably grab anyone he can get his hands on. Remember he called the younger sister of one of his victims several times. Hes a SIC TWIST that needs to be removed from society.

I've been saying all along my FOIL requests would be denied, too.

I guess you're just one of those people who is never wrong about anything but, as far as that quote above goes, there's the entire thread still here for anyone to read. In post #11 I state that requests like this get rejected, and provide the reason. In post #12 you state "quite the contrary", and give a bunch of examples that you (mistakenly) think support the idea the FOIL request will be successful. So, no, you weren't saying all along that your request would be denied. In post #14 you concede that there's a "chance" of denial; this happens to also be the first of several posts where you take "personal offense" about being disagreed with. I mean, it's all there to read.

Edited to add:
From the "911 Calls" thread, back in September, a whole page of how you felt "all along" about forcing LE's hand re: the call:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135917&page=2

I guess you're just one of those people who is never wrong about anything but, as far as that quote above goes, there's the entire thread still here for anyone to read. In post #11 I state that requests like this get rejected, and provide the reason. In post #12 you state "quite the contrary", and give a bunch of examples that you (mistakenly) think support the idea the FOIL request will be successful. So, no, you weren't saying all along that your request would be denied. In post #14 you concede that there's a "chance" of denial; this happens to also be the first of several posts where you take "personal offense" about being disagreed with. I mean, it's all there to read.

Edited to add:
From the "911 Calls" thread, back in September, a whole page of how you felt "all along" about forcing LE's hand re: the call:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135917&page=2

Post #16 on this thread (*EDIT* written before receiving the denial letter from SCPD, where Section 82(e)(i) was referenced):

As far as the cases I've cited, it shows more than just a slam dunk loss. Gould's case is cited many times in reference to a denial with regard to police reports and information. The collective references show that a "detailed" reasoning for asserting Section 82(e)(i) is required. It is very likely the SCPD will make reference to that law, and it is very likely that an administrative appeal will need to be filed. If it goes to the lower court of appeals, I'm prepared for that as well as taking it to the Supreme Court if need be. There's reason to believe that this request isn't off the charts. The exception of certain information can be redacted and the SCPD will have to honor that especially if a judge orders it.

The point of citing the cases I did was not that I expected the SCPD to honor my request, it was not that I expected the County Attorney to honor my request, it was that I believed the ONLY WAY to have my request honored is taking it to the Supreme Court (and even MORE likely it will need to go to the Supreme Court of Appeals).

I have no problem stating when I'm wrong. According to those cases I cited, I was trying to explain that my request COULD be honored according to the law, not that it WOULD. In those cases I cited, I was showing how a request COULD be denied, but that it had to be DETAILED. I understand very much what I've read. The cases that I cited that were originally denied in lower courts were overturned in the Supreme Court. Not all requests were honored in the Supreme Court, but what WAS honored meant that it COULD be a REDACTED version, if need be, according to the law.

In my research, I didn't just seek out information that was only supportive of my request, but also the information that was against my request. I wanted to understand what reasons would be sufficient to deny my request to prepare for that eventuality. In my mind, I was playing chess, and trying to figure out my opponent's next move to prepare for my own next move (which, all along, was taking it to the Supreme Court).

What I took personal offence to was not about being disagreed with. It was that I had done many hours worth of researching the law, case law, statutes, opinion letters from COOG, etc., and was basically told (in not so many words) that I didn't know WTF I was talking about by people who had not done the amount of research I had, as far as I knew. While I can respect others' opinions that it "probably won't happen" (LINative said something along those lines respectfully), to be told that I didn't understand or know what I was talking about was insulting to my intelligence. While I may disagree with your opinion, I won't personally insult your intelligence, I can agree to disagree.

Subdivision (4) of §308 states that:

"Records, in whatever form they may be kept, of calls made to a municipality's E911 system shall not be made available to or obtained by any entity or person, other than that municipality's public safety agency, another government agency or body, or a private entity or a person providing medical, ambulance or other emergency services, and shall not be utilized for any commercial purpose other than the provision of emergency services."

Although the term "municipality" most often would include a town, city or village, Section 301 of the County Law contains a series of definitions for application in Article 6, and subdivision (1) defines "municipality" to mean "any county except a county wholly contained within a city and any city having a population of one million or more persons." That being so, §308(4) applies only to counties outside of New York City.

In the three examples cited by MysteryMom, not one of them are examples of E911 records obtained from a County outside NYC via a FOIL request.

-The Sept 11th 911 calls example doesn't apply because they were from within NYC's 911 system and exempt from protection by the law.

-Both the Troy, NY and the Sleepy Hollow, NY recordings were made prior to those small rural towns implementing an E911 system (not sure if either police department has spent the $$ yet to convert to the high-tech system). The older 911 systems used by the rural towns are not subjected to the new law.

Show us an example of a FOIL request being honored for copies of a recording of a call made to an E911 system outside of New York city by someone other than the person who made the actual phone call.

TAF

If she wants to try, I see no harm in that. She might succeed. If she doesn't, no harm done. I admire her for trying and just not doing nothing.

Show us an example of a FOIL request being honored for copies of a recording of a call made to an E911 system outside of New York city by someone other than the person who made the actual phone call.

TAF

actually,it's split throughout the country--although the approval states generally supply transcripts, not recordings--recordings include, but not limited to, Arkansas and Connecticut where recordings are available online

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/911-recordings-transcripts-state-statutes

Leave the woman alone. She tried to actually do something about this case.

Or an even better idea....how about all of you FOIL experts help MM write one that will work????

If she wants to try, I see no harm in that. She might succeed. If she doesn't, no harm done. I admire her for trying and just not doing nothing.

Thank you! That is exactly my POV. If I succeed, great, if not, no big deal.

Leave the woman alone. She tried to actually do something about this case.

Or an even better idea....how about all of you FOIL experts help MM write one that will work????

Thanks!

That is a great idea! How many people ever accomplished anything in life after being told "no", and they just listened?

I dont know much about that stuff or I would help ya. If you need the financial statements of a publicly traded company analyzed and a prediction of future performance to help this case.....I can help you with that.

Freudian???

Seajay,
Very astute observation my friend. Freudian or Jung possibly.
My shadow takes over my tapping fingers on occasion. Especially when I am desperately trying to be on my best behavior.

I typed this once before, but it is worth repeating.

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square hole. The ones who see things differently. They are not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the STATUS QUO. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify them or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

-Apple Computer Inc. 1997

Subdivision (4) of §308 states that:

"Records, in whatever form they may be kept, of calls made to a municipality's E911 system shall not be made available to or obtained by any entity or person, other than that municipality's public safety agency, another government agency or body, or a private entity or a person providing medical, ambulance or other emergency services, and shall not be utilized for any commercial purpose other than the provision of emergency services."

Although the term "municipality" most often would include a town, city or village, Section 301 of the County Law contains a series of definitions for application in Article 6, and subdivision (1) defines "municipality" to mean "any county except a county wholly contained within a city and any city having a population of one million or more persons." That being so, §308(4) applies only to counties outside of New York City.

In the three examples cited by MysteryMom, not one of them are examples of E911 records obtained from a County outside NYC via a FOIL request.

-The Sept 11th 911 calls example doesn't apply because they were from within NYC's 911 system and exempt from protection by the law.

-Both the Troy, NY and the Sleepy Hollow, NY recordings were made prior to those small rural towns implementing an E911 system (not sure if either police department has spent the $$ yet to convert to the high-tech system). The older 911 systems used by the rural towns are not subjected to the new law.

TAF

Troy, NY-July 31, 2012: 911 call released in a case where a man was being dragged by a truck. This was a few MONTHS ago. You can try to spin it however you want and hope nobody looks into the TRUTH in backing up your claims.

Hmmmmmm... whatever happened to the promise of releasing the 911 tape? Could it be that FOIL DOESN'T cover 911 calls because in New York it is indeed ILLEGAL to release these calls?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back