Phone Calls and Phone Records

i'm gonna warm up this thread, why not.. i actually have a few questions, but this i already know:

"The 435pm call...Butt dial? I don't know. That one is kind of weird, but if he was setting up a "I didn't see her" with it, then he should have left a message or called auto trader directly. IF the kids saw her and the bus driver saw her, then it would be really dumb for SA to abduct her at that point. There were enough family members there that someone would have seen it at the 330pm to 4pm time frame. It also makes me doubt she was shot. I mean, no one heard 1 to 10 gun shots coming from his garage?"

that 4:35pm call from avery to teresa's cell phone. i really thought, when ken kratz was talking in a tv interview about the crime, that the guy is insane (kratz).

tell me 1 "evil" reason for that call. that it was part of avery's so-called plan to lure and kill TH.
let's say avery did it, what would have been the reason to call her phone, ca. 2 hours into the alleged torture act...? i mean that's what the state is saying. she never left.

this is all ludicrous. if he put the cell phone in the burn barrel at that time, for argument's sake, he might have called her to see if the cell phone was already dead, i mean, broken..
but that cannot be because there was activity on her phone. for how long was her cell phone functioning, after let's say 5pm oct. 31st, anybody know that?

Interesting point. If Steven destroyed the phone he wouldn't try to call her up.

MOO, naturaly enough.

reading through the thread from the beginning... sure, kratz meant that SA called TH asking "hey... where are you?" as if she was never there.
yeah, same nonsense. steven called autotrader, he called teresa. dawn talked to teresa. bobby saw teresa... and so on.

i don't know if i am reading the TH phone records wrong, can somebody explain to me the activity on nov.1, here.

Location Chicago. what does that mean for example?

ETA
this is interesting:
a reddit user apparentely detected what looks like a finger print, on THs phone, and compared it to, steven avery's... a match! ..come on.
here, see for yourself.

well, i don't know about that, but at least now i remember that her cell phone was found in the burn barrel.

Last edited:
reading through the thread from the beginning... sure, kratz meant that SA called TH asking "hey... where are you?" as if she was never there.
yeah, same nonsense. steven called autotrader, he called teresa. dawn talked to teresa. bobby saw teresa... and so on.

i don't know if i am reading the TH phone records wrong, can somebody explain to me the activity on nov.1, here.

Location Chicago. what does that mean for example?

ETA
this is interesting:
a reddit user apparentely detected what looks like a finger print, on THs phone, and compared it to, steven avery's... a match! ..come on.
here, see for yourself.

well, i don't know about that, but at least now i remember that her cell phone was found in the burn barrel.

The activity after the 31st shows the calls going to her voicemail (that's where the server was) Phone shuts off or is dead and it automatically went to VM.

Kratz never did give a good explanation for why he would call her at 4:35, and without trying to hide his identity.

I remember the "fingerprint" lol The phone was found in the burn barrel in front of SA's trailer. This was supposedly what SA dumped in there, that Blaine said he saw, and Earl and Robert Fabian said they saw smoke coming from the barrel.

i saw that there was already heavy discussion reg. incoming calls, unknown calls...

so which was the last call to THs cell phone:
2:41pm or 4:35pm?

the 2:41 call is an unknown, as far as i understand it.

so if a cell phone is switched off/battery low/destroyed, it's not like you get no reaction at all, if you call.. you get an electronic voice saying "this number cannot...", is that what happens?

the 2:41 call was the last one to connect to her cell phone, it was still on at that time. If you look at the "Feature" column, you will see it says CFNA for that call, I still don't think we have confirmation of what happened to that call but I think it was forwarded to her VM. It's been awhile since I have looked at the phone records, but I also don't think we have ever figured out who that call was from?

The 4:35 call, which was SA, was just the next call, and it went to VM immediately, it never connected to the cell phone at all. So sometime between 2:41 and 4:35 her phone was shut off. I have never assumed it was right at 2:41 just because that's the last call that her cell phone connects to a tower. IMO it just means that no one else called between 2:41 and 4:35 so there was nothing to register or not register, if that makes sense?

There are also other calls that went to VM after the 31st. If you have read through the thread, or in the process, you know that we learn more about her VM's and there is a question about whether her brother or someone else deleted VM's.

I am not sure I could go back to the beginning of this thread now and read it all haha It took us a lot of time to work through the phone records, try to make sense of them, match them to VM report.... you are literally reading us working through all that!

Welcome to Websleuths @leslievernon :) Good for you for going back and reading everything you can! I have been a bit busy, but just holler if you need some help finding something :)

@missy1974
"you are literally reading us working through all that!"
yap, and it's very interesting... i mean what else can we do when LE just didn't want to look into that.. it is complicated, too.

ok... yes, i think it makes sense to me.
i read that avery's defense could verifiy that... that the last time THs phone connected to a tower, that tower was 12 or something miles away from SA.... couldn't that be zipperer? if zipperer was her last stop (and we discussed that in another thread ad nauseum)
well even if it was not... in the end, she was a good deal away from the avery residence. that is everything we need to know.

reg. deleting VMs after oct 31st:
yes, i remember them mentioning that in "MaM"..... isn't that crazy actually, if true?

how can you possibly delete VMs from a cell phone other than holding the cell phone in your hand, i mean...?? or could he do that online, hillegas, like he checked her phone# list online..?
i don't understand that.

I don't think you would need the cell phone, you could call either the number to retrieve the messages (you can see that number on her cell bill), or call the number of the cell phone and probably hit whatever number to take you into the mailbox rather than leaving a message. I recall being able to do that years ago, and actually can still do that for my landline voicemail if I wanted to. I don't have VM on my cell right now, but I imagine it's much the same.

no her cell phone.... are you saying that it is possible, that i take my cell phone, and erase messages from my friend's cell phone...?

that is my point (maybe i wasn't too clear).

no her cell phone.... are you saying that it is possible, that i take my cell phone, and erase messages from my friend's cell phone...?

that is my point (maybe i wasn't too clear).

Yes, if you know your friends PIN. We know that TH's brother did access her VM's, he says he did, he said he didn't recall deleting any of the messages. He said he either knew the PIN or tried one that he thought it would be because he was also helping her with a website for her photography business and had an idea of what it would be. IIRC he was still at work on the 3rd when he accessed her VM.

my next question would be:

why does this phone record list, presented at the trial as Exhibit 361, seem different than this one, named as Exhibit 72 New Halbach Cell Phone Records? from febr. 2017 (on the bottom end are the oct. 31st entries).

obviously, both are for teresa halbach's cell phone.

my next question would be:

why does this phone record list, presented at the trial as Exhibit 361, seem different than this one, named as Exhibit 72 New Halbach Cell Phone Records? from febr. 2017 (on the bottom end are the oct. 31st entries).

obviously, both are for teresa halbach's cell phone.

Cingular was bought by At&t sometime after TH's death. I'm not sure why they are not the same, and we have no explanation for it.

thx for the info.

but i really have no idea what all that means. this is f#%d up. it's driving me crazy right now.
i am probably better off at another SA thread..

The investigation couldn't have been any more inadequate and confusing if they'd planned it that way. Protocols ignored, records incomplete, browbeating witnesses, leads ignored, evidence suppressed...

thx for the info.

but i really have no idea what all that means. this is f#%d up. it's driving me crazy right now.
i am probably better off at another SA thread..

When all of this information was being released, it was information overload, so I feel your pain! LOL

Unfortunately, it's been over 2 years now and there are some things that we still just don't have answers about.

The fact that there are so many unanswered questions still boggles my mind! I have followed other cases before this one, I don't recall any other case having this much questionable evidence.

is it true, that somebody annoyed teresa with phone calls (and possibly PMs)?

a friend of hers, an older gentleman, testified during the avery trial, that she told him that she was getting these, 2-3 weeks upt to oct. 31st 05. i forgot his name.. he said he tried to talk to her about it, but she wouldn't get into it, only saying "jeez, that guy again..", something to that effect.

now who was that...
avery? hillegas?.. unknown?

it's a bit quiet here, still i am going to throw out some questions:

1. is it possible that teresa had simply bought a new phone.. and was still using the old one, so, both phones, for that period of time..? people do that. that would explain why zellner's new phone records are so different from the original records as shown at the trial.

2. is it possible that someone could phone someone's cell phone from a computer, in 2005?
would be great to know what kind of sites were opened on 31/10 on the dassey computer..

@leslievernon

1. I guess it's possible she had another phone, and I think it has been implied a few times that she had another phone, not necessarily a new one, but maybe her old one. She had just bought the phone that went missing and was reported to be found in the barrel in August. Here is a link to her contract http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Trial-Exhibit-380-Cingular-Contract.pdf

I think the differences are because of the time lapse possibly? and the change over of companies. The fact that Zellner doesn't make a big deal over the differences, tells me that she does have an explanation for it, she just didn't let us know what it was LOL I have read elsewhere, some people think her phone records were faked, altered, etc. But I'm not ready to jump to that conclusion. Mostly because I think Zellner would have jumped on that.

2. I don't recall that being an option, being able to call a phone from a computer. Back in the day you could text from a computer, whether through email or a service providers site (not sure if this is still an option lol) I think we were also able to find that the CFNA, or call forwarding, could be activated from a computer, that would be somewhere in this thread!

@leslievernon

1. I guess it's possible she had another phone, and I think it has been implied a few times that she had another phone, not necessarily a new one, but maybe her old one. She had just bought the phone that went missing and was reported to be found in the barrel in August. Here is a link to her contract http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Trial-Exhibit-380-Cingular-Contract.pdf

I think the differences are because of the time lapse possibly? and the change over of companies. The fact that Zellner doesn't make a big deal over the differences, tells me that she does have an explanation for it, she just didn't let us know what it was LOL I have read elsewhere, some people think her phone records were faked, altered, etc. But I'm not ready to jump to that conclusion. Mostly because I think Zellner would have jumped on that.

2. I don't recall that being an option, being able to call a phone from a computer. Back in the day you could text from a computer, whether through email or a service providers site (not sure if this is still an option lol) I think we were also able to find that the CFNA, or call forwarding, could be activated from a computer, that would be somewhere in this thread!

You can send a text from a computer by email. The email address depends on the cellular provider. Verizon = number@vtext.com, Tmobile = number@tmomail.net, AT&T = number@txt.att.net

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back