Phyllis Diller Dead At 95

Interesting note at the wikipedia article on Phyllis Diller:

She died suddenly, on August 20, 2012, of unknown causes at the age of 95, in her home, surrounded by family and friends. The exact cause of her death came under investigation, and an autopsy and toxicology tests were scheduled. However, the results were not expected to be available for at least 4 weeks.

Quoting myself, to explain my interest in the entry at wikipedia which has since been removed:

In my experience, autopsies are not routinely conducted on aged persons when they pass away. That said, "Old Age" is not an official COD, afaik. Typically the COD is listed on the Death Certificate as one or a number of conditions from which the person suffered in her/his last months or years. I suppose sometimes it might be stated as respiratory/cardiac failure.

In this instance as well as in others I am aware of in my personal life, a friend or relative may have questioned the exact COD if it were, say, quasi-assisted.

I'll leave it at that.

hth

~jmo~

My grandma understood my internal clock being different from everyone else's. I was a little kid in the 60s and remember so clearly staying up to watch Johnny Carson and seeing Phyllis Diller. HILARIOUS

I did the same thing when I was a kid, marycarney! Oh my how I wanted one of those long cigarettes she carried, lol! Do you remember Stan Can the Gadget Man on Carson? Phyllis Diller and Stan Can were good friends and Mr wm lived with Stan when he moved to Hollywood and had the honor of meeeting her. He said she was very nice. He texted me yesterday when the news came out and asked me to pour a shot and raise a glass to Phyllis and Stan Can the gadget man! Stan Can was an eccentric man who had a huge vacuum cleaner collection according to Mr wm, LOL!

Rip Phyllis Diller! I wanted to grow up to be just like you when I was a little girl! You were beloved and Hilarious. Thanks for the memories!

wm

Joan Rivers weighs in on Phyllis Diller.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/joan-rivers-phyllis-diller-death/

Rivers says she and Diller were BFFs 'til the end -- in fact, the two grabbed brunch just last month.

Fun fact: Rivers says Diller was dating into her 90s, and even had a boyfriend at the time of her death.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/joan-rivers-phyllis-diller-death/#ixzz24BNYFYdt

The truest line in that article is that she was under appreciated.

Oh, Phyllis, what will we and Fang do without you?

Thanks for the good times.

Phyllis was a hoot in "Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number" and on "The Bold and The Beautiful". Her antics with Darlene Conley (Sally Spectra) were award-worthy.

Thanks for the memories, Mrs. Fang.

I love this woman.
A class act who started a comedy career late in life.

An inspiration to me to continue in my chosen vocation in life.

I love you classy lady.
You rocked us till the end.

I adored you on the Bold and Beautiful too.
Imagine, working into your 90's, how wonderful.

You entertained, you dazzled, and we love you.

Rest in peace.

xoxo
God Bless
Goz

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNKoj84WG7E"]Phyllis Diller's farewell stand-up performance - YouTube[/ame]

"They discontinued your blood type"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back