Pierce Brosnan's wife

Not to sound preachy, but a diet should be a lifelong thing and not a temporary fix. I'm not saying this about you, but I don't quite understand the mindset of most people who think that eating a few salads to drop some pounds and then going back to whatever they were eating after they reached their goal. They're eventually going to gain that weight back.

This is why I don't agree with fad diets. People can lose weight on a fad diet but in the long run they gain it right back. I don't deprive myself. I simply cut back on my intake. If I want a hamburger, I won't add cheese to it and I cut way back on the dressing. I never order BIG or super size of anything. My sister is overweight and she didn't use to be. She says it's her medication, which it just might be, however, I've seen her order SUPER SIZE food when we have gone out.

i just love how it's considered 'racist' to make a positive observation about black people. if a black woman said that about herself it would considered just wonderful and everyone would praise her for saying it. but when a white/ non-black person says it, they get called racist and accused of making negative stereotypes. ya just can't win.

What are you talking about?

...and may i suggest not being on a 'diet'... but just having a really good diet all your life......! thus eliminating the need for 'dieting'.

whole foods, LOTS of organic fruits/vegs (which some studies show have MORE nutrients than conventional- maybe making you feel fuller? i dunno but i believe ti).. whole grains, no sodas, no fast food, not a lot of restaurant food, no refined packaged foods, no hydro oils. if you can cook (or if you're willing to learn) it's easy because then it never gets boring.
and the possibilities and variety of what you can make for yourself every day is absolutely endless and infinitely exciting. ... and... (again...) eating 'whole' usually makes you feel fuller and you'll eat less.

OK so maybe it's hard to be 'perfect' and NEVER eat bad things, etc.. but being addicted to soda, fast food, junk,,, etc.... you're gonna be fighting a losing battle.. because all these things work against us to break our bodies down......!!! but for instance if you love chocolate, you can still have it but make healthier choices... (and so on.)

but if saying 'no' to food that's bad for us, is a 'diet' then i guess that's what i'm on.. i never thought of it that way. i'm just grossed out by much of what's in regular grocery stores, restaurants, fast food, etc.. these days...! i'm not a fan of what i call 'factory food'. IMO.... when big industry got a hold of agriculture, IMO, things went downhill fast!

...and may i suggest not being on a 'diet'... but just having a really good diet all your life......! thus eliminating the need for 'dieting'.

whole foods, LOTS of organic fruits/vegs (which some studies show have MORE nutrients than conventional- maybe making you feel fuller? i dunno but i believe ti).. whole grains, no sodas, no fast food, not a lot of restaurant food, no refined packaged foods, no hydro oils. if you can cook (or if you're willing to learn) it's easy because then it never gets boring.
and the possibilities and variety of what you can make for yourself every day is absolutely endless and infinitely exciting. ... and... (again...) eating 'whole' usually makes you feel fuller and you'll eat less.

OK so maybe it's hard to be 'perfect' and NEVER eat bad things, etc.. but being addicted to soda, fast food, junk,,, etc.... you're gonna be fighting a losing battle.. because all these things work against us to break our bodies down......!!! but for instance if you love chocolate, you can still have it but make healthier choices... (and so on.)

but if saying 'no' to food that's bad for us, is a 'diet' then i guess that's what i'm on.. i never thought of it that way. i'm just grossed out by much of what's in regular grocery stores, restaurants, fast food, etc.. these days...! i'm not a fan of what i call 'factory food'. IMO.... when big industry got a hold of agriculture, IMO, things went downhill fast!

What she said.

plus: cut out alcohol. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther