Plaid hat girl with dark hair and wild eye makeup

This old hippy has no idea what shrooms are LOL. You know I hadn't even thought about drugs. But it has baffled me how he would have gotten so many girls to take off their clothes. Girls did not take off their clothes easily then. Only the most brazen would go topless. But if they were on acid they would have been easy to intimidate and control so that might be a possibility. Everything but acid would have been pretty esoteric for him. If he was getting a lot of drugs only LSD would have not been conspicuous.

to me it looks like she was trying to take an eyes closed pic, maybe to show makeup diffrently? and was fighting a blink/ urge to open eye (maybe she wanted to keep an eye on him and didn't think one eye cracked open would be noticable?)

I'm looking carefully at her eyes again and they are very dilated. Where are our nurses?

I'm graduating RN school in a few weeks...is that close enough?

Best-
Herding Cats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mydriasis

Many things, including sex, can cause dilated pupils. Just putting this info out there for our reference. Marijuana isn't one of them, however, marijuana in the late 60's and early 70's was sometimes "laced" with PCP or what was termed "Angel Dust" back then, and that will also cause dilated pupils.

This old hippy has no idea what shrooms are LOL. You know I hadn't even thought about drugs. But it has baffled me how he would have gotten so many girls to take off their clothes. Girls did not take off their clothes easily then. Only the most brazen would go topless. But if they were on acid they would have been easy to intimidate and control so that might be a possibility. Everything but acid would have been pretty esoteric for him. If he was getting a lot of drugs only LSD would have not been conspicuous.

Depends on where you were and what crowd you were in. The back-to-nature hippie types (who, me?) tended to engage in casual nudity and often casual sex and casual drugs, often in group/social settings. If you invited somebody over for dinner, you'd most likely share a joint or pass the pipe before you even poured the wine, just to get mellow.

This girl does look rather more intimidated than most of them, however. Something about it's just not right.

I'm graduating RN school in a few weeks...is that close enough?

Best-
Herding Cats

Congratulations! Wish I had done that. So practical--world will always need nurses. Of course there is no way to know for sure if they were drugged or not, but it has always puzzled me about his getting all these women to pose topless. A lot of them don't seem very happy about it.

Thanks! It's darned hard, but I'm quite pleased I did it.

I think that Alcala used drugs to get some to do it...but I also think the culture of the time was all about doing the things your parents wouldn't want you to do; don't forget the early aspect of his crimes were in the "Free Love" environment. Los Angeles was/is a very different place than most of the country, and while it wasn't Haight-Ashbury, it was pretty close.

We know that he used pot to bring down inhibitions...so I wouldn't be surprised to find that he continued that with everyone. But I also think the culture at that time allowed for women to go right ahead and pose without clothes on, especially if he was a smooth talker, and had a "portfolio" that he showed people to convince them he was legit.

As for this specific girl, some folks are saying her eyes are quite dilated. I can't see that - she's got those gorgeous dark chocolate eyes that unless I was right up with a light, I wouldn't be able to see the constriction/dilation. So if I'm missing something, can someone point it out?

Best-
Herding Cats

Alot of these girls have what we used to call the "Bumble Bee" eyes! Yep drugged up.

As for this specific girl, some folks are saying her eyes are quite dilated. I can't see that - she's got those gorgeous dark chocolate eyes that unless I was right up with a light, I wouldn't be able to see the constriction/dilation. So if I'm missing something, can someone point it out?

Best-
Herding Cats

Hey you're the RN.:) Congrats to you Herding Cats.

In all honesty I'm no good with picking out people that are on drugs unless they're heroin addicts nodding, scratching and itching. OR when they're sick and need a fix. That's not pretty. Someone could have smoked twenty caps of crack and I wouldn't know it. Same with benzo's and such.

However, HC I know what you mean. I have friends who are Latina and they have such gorgeous dark eyes that their pupils blend in with the iris. My neighbor is from Costa Rica and the same with him. This beautiful girl in the funky hat may be Pacific Islander so perhaps you are right.

Sorry I am not meaning to generalize, but this has been my experience. That could help identify this lovely young woman I believe. Also we originally thought the beautiful young man posing in front of the same curtain/backdrop could be related to her.

The funky hat in itself I thought may be a give away. I pray she is alive and well and a grandmom now. If not are we looking for a Latina woman from New York? This would be that apaprtment unless the creep moved those curtains to different locales.

Such a pretty young lady. Artistic too. In those days did women go around with that full on liquid eyeliner in the day? Or was she clubbing when he met her and invited her back to his place? That could help us.

Liquid eyeliner was popular back then, but nobody wore it like she does. My guess would be that she put in on like that just for him. Perhaps he was trying to convince her he was just an artistic photographer and wanted her just to model. Guess there could be many different scenarios.

Liquid eyeliner was popular back then, but nobody wore it like she does. My guess would be that she put in on like that just for him. Perhaps he was trying to convince her he was just an artistic photographer and wanted her just to model. Guess there could be many different scenarios.

She obviously mastered that. I'm sure she had made her eyes up like that before. Then again my mom said they all could have done it with their eyes completely closed. That's an art. I can't draw a straight line with that stuff.

Redbird, how about dancing? Would a stripper be made up like that back in the day?

I watched the Biography Channel a week or so ago, and it was on Cher. In one of the older pictures of her, her eye make-up was done pretty much just like this girl and the girl in the red turtleneck on her.

She obviously mastered that. I'm sure she had made her eyes up like that before. Then again my mom said they all could have done it with their eyes completely closed. That's an art. I can't draw a straight line with that stuff.

Redbird, how about dancing? Would a stripper be made up like that back in the day?

Women did not normally wear makeup like this and stilll don't. This is costume make-up. This person would be stared at where ever they go and people would assume she had some reason to be in costume make-up. A stripper. Sure. Cat woman.

O.K. we know this beautiful woman can work liquid eyeliner.

Now can we figure out possibly her race? Ethnic heritage?

Pacific Islander? African American? Latina? Native American?

I'm still debating but I think this young woman could be Jeannette Kamahele. Jeannette is a Pacific Islander of Hawaiin descent. She was last seen hitchhiking on the Cotati Ramp off Highway 101 in Santa Rosa, California on April 25, 1972. She was allegedly picked up by a 20-30 year old Caucasian male with an afro-type hairstyle driving a faded brown 1970-1972Cheverolet Pickup Truck. She has been speculated to be a victim of the Zodiac Killer but I believe there is little to no chance that the Zodiac had anything to do with her. The man described that picked her up, looked nothing like the Zodiac. Not to mention, the Zodiac was wildly popular in California at the time, so if the witness that last saw her, noticed the man resembled the Zodiac even a little bit, the witness would have told the police. The Zodiac didn't have an afro-type hairstyle and it doesn't match his personality. Ted Bundy has also been considered a suspect, but as far as I know, he didn't have any victims from California. He also allegedly admitted to all of his killings before he died, but I would take that with a grain of salt, because he is a pathological liar, not to mention- a serial killer. Ted fed off the attention he got from his killings, so if he had anything to do with Jeannette's disappearance, I believe he would have told. Rodney Alcala had afro-style hair and he was very, very familar with California. He picked up hitchhikers frequently. As far as I'm aware, his whereabouts are still unknown for 1972.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back