Plane crash

Jack said:
I used to fly well, when I was a youngster, even through turbulence. But then I took a trip in a small 4 seater airplane with a family member who was a pilot. It was a bit different in that we weren't as high, not as fast, etc. But when we hit some wind and the plane was bucking around and I could actually see what I was going to smash into if the plane went down, well that changed me forever. I swore I would never fly again. Well in 2001 I had a trip planned to meet up with some friends in Boston, go to a ballgame go partying around Boston, sounded like great fun and I actually tried at one point to book a flight through Travelocity but it didn't go through due to what I later learned was a typo when I entered the billing address for the card. Anyhow, it was a blessing in disquise because my son then had this before school picnic thing he wanted me to take him to and I agreed so I cancelled the trip. I think I was looking for an excuse.... Shortly thereafter 9/11 happened and I've pretty much made up my mind that I will not fly again. I have a friend who wont fly because out of the blue he had a heart attack and it took a long time to get medical attention, he doesn't want to risk dying again just to go on vacation.
Something kind of funny that my Mom always says...when your getting ready to fly somewhere and a person tells you "have a safe flight", my Mom responds by saying "I'll tell the pilot you said so..." I love my mom, she's a nut:crazy:

I like flying when I travel. So far, no bad experiences. I don't like being in the car for long periods of time so I am not a good passenger, just ask my husband! :p

I love to fly. I goes as much as I can. Never had a scary moment. Divide the number of planes in the air to the number of vehicles in the air all around USA. YOUR RISK of death and crashing is VASTLY HIGHER IN A CAR.....

Such minimal risk in flying.... and for me - IF WE ACTUALLY LIVE OUR LIVES IN FEAR AND SCARED TO TAKE ON THINGS "JUST IN CASE..." WE TRULY HAVE NEVER LIVED OUR FULLEST LIFE.

Becba said:
When a car crashes it is not guaranteed to fall 2,000 ft and hit the ground.:sick:
My feelings EXACTLY! But 2000 feet, try like 29,000 feet to 41,000 feet....OK?...Christine just doesn't wanna go there LOL :hand:

blueclouds said:
I love to fly. I goes as much as I can. Never had a scary moment. Divide the number of planes in the air to the number of vehicles in the air all around USA. YOUR RISK of death and crashing is VASTLY HIGHER IN A CAR.....

Such minimal risk in flying.... and for me - IF WE ACTUALLY LIVE OUR LIVES IN FEAR AND SCARED TO TAKE ON THINGS "JUST IN CASE..." WE TRULY HAVE NEVER LIVED OUR FULLEST LIFE.

Exactly blueclouds....Only one way to get to the beautiful sand and sea of the Caribbean or Hawaii or South Pacific or Greece etc...fly!

Only way to see the cool catherdrals and castles and people of the world...fly!

Visit friends and family across the country...fly!

I must admit that I dislike flying now more than I used to, but back in my younger days as a travel agent I was on a plane all the time!! These days as a mom...not so much :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

Lynie

I hate flying too. I wasn't afraid to fly until I had kids of my own. We went to Disney in 1997 and the flight was turbulent (spelling?). I swore I would never fly again. Then came 9/11 and I knew I would never get into a plane again. Well I flew to Florida with my husband and three kids last month and it really wasn't that bad. I don't think I could handle a flight that is more than 3 hours long though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back