Planned?

beesy said:
as lauriej said, Death Row is safer and you are with fewer other women. Why would Darlie want a job anyway? I doubt Darlie likes to walk much either. Things just aren't as icky on Death Row, besides the fact that you're waiting to die, of course LOL, you have less people to put up with. Gen Pop is filled with the type of people Darlie has never been around before. Not that she's been around Death Row inmates, but there are fewer to adjust to.

She obviously has access to hair care products and makeup. From what I've read a bond is formed with the others on Death Row. And I was just goofing around about her getting LWOP, she'll die, I know she will. And I know with clemency she'll be charged with Devon's murder.
Well, Beesy, I imagine she was given special permission for those photos. I doubt if she runs around the prison or even her unit looking like that.

Dani_T said:
I read that Darlie spends her days in a lounge-room with the other DR female inmates sewing quilts. And she looks pretty spiffed up in those photos on JFD.com
When inmates have visits, their visitor is encouraged to purchase overpriced Polaroids from someone at the prison who takes the pictures and makes a profit. The only reason for them to dress up and do their hair and makeup is really for a visit, so that is why she would look that way. They often put a background thing behind the inmate to make it look like she is in some nice place instead of behind bars--usually for the inmate's kids, but then, Darlie took care of that problem. Her boys wouldn't be seeing her at all.

Death Row has a TV room called a Day room right outside the cells. If Darlie goes there then she is not in protective custody and can sit and crochet or knit or quilt. That is it. Many indigent inmates make money making afgans and quilts. Ever since they stopped the inmates from smoking in TDC it might not be so bad in the day room. My friend Debbie used to complain about the smoke filled TV room in her dorm which kept her from watching TV.

I would die of boredom, if that is possible.

Goody said:
I don't think that is correct, Dani. Death row is secluded from the rest of the prison and they probably have some lounge time, but it would never be most of the day. Someone might know her schedule, but I would think it wouldn't be more than once or twice a week for a specific time period. It sure would be interesting to learn what the other death row inmates think of her though. If they are spending any regular time together, after 9 years, they should have thoughts of their own about her.

I'm pretty sure they said something about it on one of the media interviews maybe. I'll try and find it.

Goody said:
Well, Beesy, I imagine she was given special permission for those photos. I doubt if she runs around the prison or even her unit looking like that.
well, of course she doesn't run around looking like that all the time. For one thing, there's no running around, as Cowgirl pointed out. LOL The remark I made about DR being better than GP was just a flip remark about our sweet Darlie and her living conditions. Not like she's in a concentration camp. Of course prison is boring and mindless. I don't think DR is Disney World. Wonder if we're paying for cable?
Another thing, there's a website, can't remember the name, but there was a story about it on CNN. It has inmate ads for those kooks who want to "date" an inmate. Susan Smith is actually on there. She said some of her fave things are rainbows and Mickey Mouse. The inmates do not have access to the Net, I'm surprised they don't, but there is a snail mail addy to contact them. Supposedly Susan Smith's ad caused so much trouble that the webmaster took the contact addy off, but her ad is still there. Those are the kinds of things I'm talking about. Prison life might suck, but as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't suck enough!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back