Plea or Tip? Will there be an arrest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a misleading title, just says he is a focus of the investigation. The tip had to come from someone that knew right where Amber was, and i don't think JAG would give it up this quick.

JMO

Very misleading title as the key word is "focus". Focus is not even a POI yet. :crazy:

Police say a registered sex offender is the focus of an investigation into the death of 14-year-old Amber Dubois, whose skeletal remains were discovered in a rugged, remote area north of San Diego.

Escondido police said Monday that 30-year-old John Albert Gardner III remains a suspect after Amber's bones were found near Pala.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/03/08/national/a125054S87.DTL#ixzz0hd1Z2iZY

semantics or a direct quote from eLE?

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/03/08/national/a125054S87.DTL#ixzz0hd4A7zev

ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- Police said a registered sex offender is the focus of an investigation into the death of 14-year-old Amber Dubois, whose skeletal remains were discovered in a remote, rugged area north of San Diego.

Escondido police said Monday that 30-year-old John Albert Gardner III remains a suspect after Amber's bones were found near Pala, more than a year after she disappeared near her school. Police did not elaborate in a statement. They say the crime scene is being processed after the remains were discovered early Saturday.

http://www.10news.com/news/22778772/detail.html

as of right now no change in his charges :
10715497 (Only active charges and arrests are shown.)

Arrest: 1
Charge#: 1
Bail Flag: N
Bail Amount:$0.00
Description:MURDER:FIRST DEGREE
Code:pC
Statute:187(A) PC

Arrest: 1
Charge#: 3
Bail Flag: I
Bail Amount:$0.00
Description:ASSAULT W/INTENT TO CMT FEL
Code:pC
Statute:220(A) PC

Bail Flag Codes:
Y or I - Charge is eligible for bail.
H or N - Inmate may not be bailed out on that given charge.
B - Bail is not required on this charge.

KNSD 7/39 news at 4:

Emphasizing NO ONE is taking questions and NO ONE wants to say on the record HOW the tip came in.

Emphasizing that the very brief statement just released within the last hour was VERY carefully worded by intention.

(BTW, Bill Garcia is saying ON the RECORD (he spoke it - I saw him say it) that he doesn't think it was JAG, but that someone obviously told them very specifically where she was found)

Body was found on private property (Rainbow Water District)

There is a gate toward the front of the property, but "no one is saying" if it's usually locked.

Maybe someone in the area remembered seeing someone creepy on their property, and when they saw JG on tv and knew girls were still missing, they called it in? Initially you might think the person is just a trespasser and not call it in.

KGTV (10) news at 5:

They're now showing helicopter footage - it is actually OFF the road there down on a sloping hill that she was found.

They still will not say who gave them the tip, but JAG is now "the" focus of the investigation.

Hearing tomorrow at 9:30 may shed a bit more light, and is possible we will see charges added tomorrow, but otherwise think it will be brief and that they may not come quite yet. They said we still likely won't hear the tip source, though.

It's actually private property belonging to the Rainbow (a town) Water District - so not a property that is a residence.

They also wouldn't confirm that the gate is even typically locked.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks. Are there usually people who work over there? Some articles mentioning the "tip" that led police to the body say the Chelsea King outcry may have caused someone to come forward with information. Maybe I'm just a skeptic, but if someone knew JG killed a girl and left her body in the woods, and didn't report it, would they really have a "come to God" moment once Chelsea King was found?

It seems to me more likely an innocent bystander remembered seeing something suspicious than an actual "tip" of someone knowing what happened. JMO - but it doesn't make sense if its a really desolate area.

I don't get it. Why not tell us yesterday??

What I don't get is if they have a tip pointing to the exact location of the body, then whoever tipped them would presumably know who the suspect should be.
So it should be clear enough if it were JAG or someone else.
Could it have been an anonymous tip and they don't know who the tipster is?

Another possibility is that someone was out there illegally themselves and saw something and that is why they were afraid to come forward before. Not necessarily afraid of JAG or the perp but afraid of going to the police because of their own situation (illegal alien? criminal?)

KGTV (10) news at 5:

They're now showing helicopter footage - it is actually OFF the road there down on a sloping hill that she was found.

They still will not say who gave them the tip, but JAG is now "the" focus of the investigation.

Hearing tomorrow at 9:30 may shed a bit more light, and is possible we will see charges added tomorrow, but otherwise think it will be brief and that they may not come quite yet. They said we still likely won't hear the tip source, though.
bbm sounds to me like they:
1) have at least something cursory to link him to Amber
and
2) they are still working on it

It could be as simple as someone recalling something that did not strike them as important at the time. Maybe someone saw JAG's car at that location but did not think anything of it. Then once the Chelsea King case broke and they realized that JAG was capable of something like this the bells went off and they realized that he could have been doing something sinister out there and reported it.
A few posters here have said they use that road a lot and are very familiar with the route so other people may travel it as well.
Short of an accomplice or a confession, it is not unreasonable to think that once the chelsea King case broke, somebody realized that something they had noticed before regarding JAG now took on a whole new meaning.

If I saw my neighbor at an odd location I might not think much of it until I found out he just been arrested for murder.

I'm actually wondering now if they may have also found evidence on the north side of Lake Hodges that has added to what's leading them to be sure he's connected.

Something changed, and I feel it was more than just another missing teen here and the possibility of them being linked, that suddenly jump started the investigation into Amber basically that same day that Chelsea was found.

Given that Amber had to have been transported, whether alive or dead, and Chelsea basically did not, I could see him having had something, intentionally or not, somewhere that remained, and then realized the net was likely closing in since they were heavily searching where Chelsea was ultimately found, and so scrambled to dispose of something...and that that ultimately furthered them pursuing finding Amber, and then the renewed searches.

I don't know...but just a thought.

Most of the legal talking heads are in agreement that there was likely no plea yet, and that JAG directly giving them info would have come Sunday or Monday, or at the very latest, early Tuesday before he met with his then appointed lawyer prior to the arraignment.

If they found something by the lake, maybe their line of questioning would have allowed him to slip enough to know where to focus their search, and then that made pieces of information gathered from his home, computer, whatever help lead them to that exact spot.

from listening to the dog handler on NG tonight it sounds like the tip the LE was following was from the dog handler. it seems like he gave them the tip last year and they were just now checking it out. and the dog apparently was correct. it would explain why LE isn't saying where the tip was coming from. they don't want to look worse than they already do for not doing the same type of search for amber as they did for chelsea

from listening to the dog handler on NG tonight it sounds like the tip the LE was following was from the dog handler. it seems like he gave them the tip last year and they were just now checking it out. and the dog apparently was correct. it would explain why LE isn't saying where the tip was coming from. they don't want to look worse than they already do for not doing the same type of search for amber as they did for chelsea
well now you know that makes perfect sense.

I'm actually wondering now if they may have also found evidence on the north side of Lake Hodges that has added to what's leading them to be sure he's connected.

Something changed, and I feel it was more than just another missing teen here and the possibility of them being linked, that suddenly jump started the investigation into Amber basically that same day that Chelsea was found.

Given that Amber had to have been transported, whether alive or dead, and Chelsea basically did not, I could see him having had something, intentionally or not, somewhere that remained, and then realized the net was likely closing in since they were heavily searching where Chelsea was ultimately found, and so scrambled to dispose of something...and that that ultimately furthered them pursuing finding Amber, and then the renewed searches.

I don't know...but just a thought.

Most of the legal talking heads are in agreement that there was likely no plea yet, and that JAG directly giving them info would have come Sunday or Monday, or at the very latest, early Tuesday before he met with his then appointed lawyer prior to the arraignment.

If they found something by the lake, maybe their line of questioning would have allowed him to slip enough to know where to focus their search, and then that made pieces of information gathered from his home, computer, whatever help lead them to that exact spot.
bbm and ITA.

Further thoughts... for her remains to have been in Palo she had to have been transported by the perp. Perhaps her blood was found in one of his cars?

As for the tip... it 'seems' it was so specific.. It would be interesting to know the exact time of the tip (was it friday night? etc?) because we really don't know yet how long LE had to search there to find her. In other words was it a specific tip (ie: she is under this tree), or was it a general tip (ie: some friend or family calls in to say he goes there a lot to hunt, hike, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member