Please Help Marc Klaas Get His Message to President. We need to save the Amber Alert

Mr. Klass:

Your case preceded my daughters. She was abducted and raped in 2000 in California (but actually survived the experience). I will post a page on my site (www.usimmigrant.com) pointing to this page and will try to spread the word. My worry is that the perp who was jailed (under the 3 strikes law) in California will eventually be paroled due to budget crisis there.

I had no idea there were issues with funding the "amber alert" system. It is a wonderful system that has saved so many! Whenever there is an amber alert in my area, I get a txt message and my phone makes a funny sound. Integrating the system into phone apps was BRILLIANT!! We need to stand together to IMPROVE the amber alert system, not diminish it.

If the amber alert isn't improved, I don't know that it needs to be continued. I am now getting messages on my TV and cell phone that say, for example, "Amber Alert issued for Riverside County until ________ (for the next 10 minutes)." Huh? Why only for 10 minutes? My county is larger than Connecticut and Rhode Island combined. Given no information about the missing child, what am I to do in an area that large over the space of 10 minutes?

I would purchase a special Amber Alert License Plate to save the program I think it is key to helping save children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back