Please read Caylee Forum Rules

UPDATE this includes referring to Casey's defense team as The Scheme Team.
THis is not allowed. thanks.

I am resurrecting this sticky as a reminder. Many threads continue to have lots of bashing and bickering. We don't have to do that to discuss and debate the aspects of this case.
It is an emotional case to be sure, but we can still keep it cool.

Name calling,rudeness,replacing proper names with a mocking or insulting name(Bozo for Baez) and discussing other posters is all forbidden and TO's will be given without warning. Don't forget that attacking fellow posters personally is never tolerated .

Please, we know there are strong feelings about the Anthony Family but keep the conversation constructive. bashing the Anthony's continuously on most threads just clogs up the discussion and does nothing to put the pieces together. We understand having to let loose on them for many of their behaviors, but not every thread and not threads devoted just to that.

One more thing, please hit the red triangle alert button in the top corner of an offending post. We mods do not read every post because our jobs and families are forever getting in the way:) So we need your help in reporting the offending posts to us. Do not quote or respond to the bad posts, just alert them.

Thanks everyone.

Here is a link to The Rules if you haven't read them lately
From this thread.

From this thread.

That's why I refer to them as the d team. Nobody knows what that d means except me and that's they way I'm keeping it.
I have never had such a hard time keeping my cool as I have had with this case. After a couple of TO's it gets easier though.:blowkiss:

That's why I refer to them as the d team. Nobody knows what that d means except me and that's they way I'm keeping it.
I have never had such a hard time keeping my cool as I have had with this case. After a couple of TO's it gets easier though.:blowkiss:
LOL we don't have thought police here so you are good to go.:angel:
I think we are all frustrated and angry with the behavior of many in this case and I know that is an understatement. but I think we would all agree that constructive discussion is far more productive than anything else.

thank YOU! I haven't posted in so long on anything pertaining to the case because everything seems so gossipy anymore. I don't care what happened to who on whatever website, I jsut need to know the facts of the case.

ITA & Thank You, Tricia and, if I may, it's about time. I stopped posting a while back because it was always the same thing over and over again, a true b*tch fest out of all proportion. In fact, I was only reading the announcements and one thread.

Time to carry on people (or peeps for the lingo thread).
Oak

Wow, I just got back home and logged in. After I left last evening I had some thoughts about LP. I was going to post in the LP Confidence thread but thought it should be here instead.

No, I haven't changed my opinion of him. I still support him. However, I do think because the case is now in a holding period since Caylee has been found, everyone is getting antsy.

The trial is months, maybe many, many months away; the info flow isn't even trickling down the pipe now. NG, HLN is probably the only media means we actually learn from anything new, if it is new and not being rehashed news.

These talking heads, LP included, have all been exposed to this type of crime so they are familiar with it. Most of us haven't. So I can listen and judge for myself who and what to believe. LP can be somewhat brash, but sometimes that is what it takes to get to the answers. One thing LP doesn't do is stand on formality and maybe that is what some people don't like about him.

All the media talking heads have opinions of what happened. All the posters here have opinions of what happen. Each person believes their opinion and theory is more important than anothers or they agree with anothers opinion who mirrors their opinion. There are posters who will argue just to argue and repeat postings just changing a few words.

Opinions won't convict KC. Facts and only facts will convict KC. We don't know ALL the facts that LE has. And only KC knows exactly what happened. I think the only fact everyone can agree on is this: KC won't tell us or anyone what exactly happened.

So, if you disagree with LP, don't watch NG. If you don't like what a poster has written, use the ignore button. Close one's browser, walk away for awhile. It works for me.

I think we can disagree with LP and still watch NG. I also think criticism is fine on these boards, as long as it doesn't turn into name calling and slander.

It's funny... attorneys can slug it out in court, then smile and chat like buddies at a party. I wish we all had the same attitude here!

I will add my thanks. I too have been apprehensive about making too many posts. It seems that many posts that do not follow the "line" of the apparent majority here are challenged and often ridiculed, rather than just accepting them as a different point of view.

I will also add that much of the sarcasm, mean spirited graphics, and wild accusations make it difficult for me to read more than a handful of posts at a time. I only keep coming back because I do have a keen interest in this case and learning the truth, and there have been good nuggets of information between the negativity.

I couldn't agree more. I know I'm a newbie but I feel the same way.

Thank You Tricia!

Very well said and I have witnessed the same. I see the word "hate" much too often here. I saw a post just the other day where someone wrote a list of all the things the person "hates", each sentence began with "I hate".

I see threads that get started which appear to me to have no other purpose other than to take shots at the A's.

I understand that for some, it may provide some therapy, I don't know they should be denied that right of free speech. It's just that it makes me feel uncomfortable to read it post after post. And I feel the need to exercise my free speech to let that out because it has troubled me for awhile.

There are a lot of people here who are passionate. And passion is a good thing, it calls one to action. But hate is such an ugly emotion, it is something awful to have inside. If I have a prayer it would be those who feel it will find someway to release that emotion.

Hey - make sure you hang around ok?!! Be looking forward to your input. Yes, hate is a very ugly emotion.

Dear Websleuths Members,

Today the Anthony case took another strange turn in regards to George Anthony.

We are all grateful to those in LE who helped find him before he could harm himself. The last thing the Anthony's need is another tragedy.

However, I am quite dismayed at the behavior of some of our members.

I have given the moderators strict instructions. No more warnings. If you even walk up to the line of violating TOS you will either be banned for life or given a two week time out at the minimum. Perhaps longer. All depends on the poster but whatever the mod decides I will back up 100 percent.

The rules are simple. Yes, I know emotions are running high, I understand we need to let off steam but not like this.

The wonderful mods here do not get paid a dime for their hard work. I only hope none of them throws their hands up in disgust and leaves.

To those of you who want to continue to post without violating TOS, from my heart, thank you so very much. By helping us with your posting you keep Websleuths at the top of the whole list of other true crime forums.

My apologies for having to come on and be so harsh but I felt I had no choice.

Tricia

Dear Websleuths Members,

Recently several members have taken it upon themselves to contact very minor players in the Anthony case and the Cummings case.

Please keep in mind and understand these poor people are going along minding their business when they get that phone call from you. Even if they know they are a part of the circus it still can shake people up to hear from total strangers asking them questions.

I understand the people contacted by Websleuths Members have been invited to join Websleuths and talk about their situation.

We welcome with open arms people involved who want to post but please remember, if you call someone you are not acting as a representative of Websleuths.com

I have to make myself very clear here. If you choose to contact someone and invite them to join Websleuths you are doing this on your own with no input from the owner.

Please understand, I do appreciate everyone's participation. Every day I come on this board and you all leave me speechless with your ability to find people, to take apart the evidence, and in general figure out what is going on. I bet many times you all figure out what is going on before LE does:)

We just need to be careful and respect people and their privacy.

Thanks for understanding. I'll leave this thread open for questions or comments.

Very well said and an unfortunately necessary post.

Thanks Tricia!

I agree, I would never contact anyone whose information has been released under the Sunshine Law because it could be alarming/harrassing or at least a nuisance to innocent people. In addition, contacting witnesses and inviting them to come read at WS could not only potentially confuse or taint witness testimony, it could also tip off the wrong person to cover his/her tracks, hide information, and alert his/her associates to do the same. There are some great sleuthing threads with tons of information that would never have been found if the sleuthees had been tipped off in this manner. Other threads were not so lucky, shut down by members who don't like for sleuthing or sometimes even discussion to go on. (??? Which is kind of strange because this is "websleuths", and we use initials only here and sleuth public records only here, even though the names, phone numbers, etc are already released and very much out there in the public domain.)

One thing I've noticed, and this bothers me, obviously-lol, is that often times the most negative posts are combined with either unsubstantiated rumors or out and out false information. Go figure. :)

Attention Everyone,

We have lost focus. Websleuths is turning into a b!tchfest about certain people. I do not like it.

I will be back to post more later but I would like to please suggest that we move on. Get past Tim Miller, get past Leonard P., get past what happened to Murt,
and try to back off on Cindy and George.

Look, it's fine to discuss them and yes, Cindy, by way of her mouth, gives us a lot to talk about but it is getting too ugly.

This type of posting and name calling is so counterproductive.

Please, I am begging you to back off this type of posting and get back to what we do. Sleuthing.

It's easy to criticize but it is much harder to try and figure out what happened with the clues we have.

I do not mean you can't discuss these people or what they have done but if it is not pertinent to the what is happening then why bring it up?

More later. Off to do other Websleuths stuff off the forum.

Love,
Tricia

What a relief to hear that its not just me that feels this way.
I stopped posting, stopped reading most of the threads because there seems to be little sleuthing going on anymore. Now I check the daily updates, and log off to do my own timeline work.

I want to help solve this case...not use this forum and the people involved as a verbal punching bag to release my own personal frustrations.
If its all about caylee, and finding justice for her, finally, then we need to focus on facts, and puttng the pieces of this ugly puzzle together in order to ensure her killer is found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

we know already folks...most of you hate the anthonys...CA in particular. But doyou think the negative posting about them is more likely to help, or hinder the case? Do you think posting unsubstantiated claims about them, or your feeling about them is going to somehow make all the clues fit together? Just who does it benefit?

Lets get back to reality, back off with the obsessive hate, and focus on figuring out what the heck happened to Caylee.This case is not as slam dunk as some might think. Lets band together figure out the TRUTH, and help in getting justice for a little girl who saw enough hate and anger in her short life.

JMO

Please don't do it on this forum.

Final warning. Tell your friends.

Thank you, thank you very much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members