Please Read Clarification on "In My Opinion"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we post on this thread??
I doubt it though wish we could..I think a Mod or Admin has to officially open today's thread...but I'm new and cannot say positively. :twocents:
Looks like it's okay to chit chat.......????

We need mod.

Else sadly I don't think we can be trusted! :fence:

SO....I think we can chat about anything but the case. :)

BUT....that's....... JUST.......IMO!!!!!
Yes we can, if we discuss what is going on

Be careful guys! Deliberations coming up, I wouldn't want anyone to get a time out! :(

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

Read last nights thread. Seems there were concerns that a witness that testified had been present in the courtroom. Read this AM that he was not subpoeaded (sp) until after the date(s) he was in the courtroom.

JMO

So is this a late addition?

There is some confusion concerning the requirement of using the term, "In My Opinion" in your posts when in fact you are posting your opinion.

When I say you need you to put this in "your post" that means we need to be able to see it clearly. If you put it in your post each time or you decide to put it in your signature it doesn't matter. As long as we can read it and easily see it.

What many poster do is put it in their signature and say something along the lines of , " ALL POSTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED."

Many posters would rather not put it in their signature and that's fine too. Just put it in your post when appropriate .

If you want to put this in your signature scroll to the top of the page and look for the "user cp" tab and go from there.

Because of the nature of the Zimmerman trial we enforced this rule firmly on this particular case. However you will find that other places on the forum are not as strict. Just please go with the flow and don't make a big deal if you don't see others posting IMO on other places on Websleuths. Our mods get bogged down with the tit for tat alerts .

If you have any questions please post them here.

Thank you.

Good morning Tricia.

Not that this makes a difference but I thought I'd bring it up...

Those of us who use Tapatalk don't see the signatures.
I'm not sure about the recent Tapatalk 2 but the original (the one I still use) does not show them.

Just thought I'd mention that.

I wish there was a place where we could have "honest", not "politically correct", dialogue. This PC stuff just doesn't do it. In order to come to a solution/compromise, there needs to be honesty, and that's the one thing I find that is not allowed. I do NOT just believe it should be HERE, on WS, but in the real world.

My opinion only

I understand your frustrations and how many feel that "PC"ness has gone too far, this is why I feel this trial must absolutely honor the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and be decided on the basis of evidence, no conjecture, no speculation, etc.

IMHO, the term "political correctness" implies hypocrisy and a false social veneer obscuring hard truths. I feel troubled by it, as social relations in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic society is much more grey. Imagine all of us here see the same evidence presented so differently...and we all have much more in common here (education, interests, background, etc.) than out there in the streets where people from all walks of life rub shoulders in the city everyday.

I would prefer the term "give-and-take" or "mutual accommodation", there is really no alternative except for us to get along, and to do it well. Otherwise, it's bitterness, chaos, division, etc., should any side were to feel short-changed by the rules of society. Divided we all fall, IMHO, we must try to keep the peace, keep up mutual respect.

Wisdom, I feel, is more important than vindication, IMHO.:blushing:

Thanks for the clarification about the IMO - I appreciate it! Also, thanks for the update about a missing trial discussion thread. Thanks to the mods for all they do and I hope things will work themselves out today. :gomods:

We could always discuss sports.. I'm sure we all agree on teams :floorlaugh:

Go Yankees!

(running for cover) :)

IMO

I don't think this thread was/is intended as a discussion thread.

JMO

I think this thread is for: Please Read Clarification on "In My Opinion" and we should respect the mods and wait for the new forum to open

MOO

Drinking my coffee and wishing everyone a good morning!
I saw a mod peek in, this may be a test to see if everyone reads the thread and can behave. ;)

The defense keeps bringing in witnesses that tell you how law enforcement would respond, honestly is this a good defense when the prosecution are claiming GZ is a wanna be cop? IMO

I think this thread is for: Please Read Clarification on "In My Opinion" and we should respect the mods and wait for the new forum to open

MOO

If/when a thread for today is opened, is it possible for a mod to move any posts that she deems not to be part of the original title of the thread to the thread that is opened for today?

JMO

I wish there was a place where we could have "honest", not "politically correct", dialogue. This PC stuff just doesn't do it. In order to come to a solution/compromise, there needs to be honesty, and that's the one thing I find that is not allowed. I do NOT just believe it should be HERE, on WS, but in the real world.

My opinion only

Try the Legal Insurrection site. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I understand your frustrations and how many feel that "PC"ness has gone too far, this is why I feel this trial must absolutely honor the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and be decided on the basis of evidence, no conjecture, no speculation, etc.

IMHO, the term "political correctness" implies hypocrisy and a false social veneer obscuring hard truths. I feel troubled by it, as social relations in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic society is much more grey. Imagine all of us here see the same evidence presented so differently...and we all have much more in common here (education, interests, background, etc.) than out there in the streets where people from all walks of life rub shoulders in the city everyday.

I would prefer the term "give-and-take" or "mutual accommodation", there is really no alternative except for us to get along, and to do it well. Otherwise, it's bitterness, chaos, division, etc., should any side were to feel short-changed by the rules of society. Divided we all fall, IMHO, we must try to keep the peace, keep up mutual respect.

Wisdom, I feel, is more important than vindication, IMHO.:blushing:

We agree on some things, and not others. I think when someone empathizes, the very action of putting oneself on another's shoes creates a form of speculation. Seeing through the eyes of another....we are not "there", but we can still "visualize" the event. We can experience some of the emotions...and even sometimes even the pain.

I think this witness is VERY IMPORTANT.

...also, I think to get to the "root" of the issue here....it must go past PC, but....we can't.

images

well'I give up waiting and leave you'all with some breakfast :)

<Pause>

We'll be right back, you won't miss a minute.

I think I'm missing two hours lol

<Pause>

We'll be right back, you won't miss a minute.

Can someone who can see siggies tell me if mine is still there and what it says? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500