Please Read. The JBR forum is just a wee bit different than the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last thing, please don't assume I haven't been thourgh it/loss etc. and dont know what I am talking about because I have and I do know the loss..Though it was not an actual murder it that since of the word..

close_enough said:
you're right, you don't....i can just picture me callin up Alice Jane, or Kathy, & a couple of other good friends, after finding a ransom note stating not to call LE, & that my child might be beheaded....yeah, that's what i'd need..a few buddies hangin out at the house.....give me a break...
I have no family with in a 2 hour distance. You better believe my closest friends would have gotten a call. I would have needed them then more tha ever.

Amity said:
I smoke (yea, yea, I know.... baaaad Amity) and there is no way on this earth I would go into someone's home where I have been graciously invited and light up. It's their home and I am a guest in that home and treat the host/hostess and their home with respect and not assume something is OK just because I haven't been told differently.

Once I'm told or given a guideline or, for lack of a better word, 'rules', then I follow them because I want to be invited back.

Websleuths is someone's Home, albeit a home/site on the www.
I am a guest in this 'Home' and I certainly want to make sure my visit here is respectful to the hostess and her other guests. Hey, I wanna be able to drop in anytime I'm in the neighborhood. :D

Ok, carry on.

so are you saying those of us who feel the ramsey's are innocent and who are offended because people call them babykillers, perverts,monsters and so forth are being rude to tricia because she thinks calling them names is ok?
I think that's so wrong!!! I love this forum, I think its a great thing, I am told to follow rules, I was pointing out rules were being broken. Trish let me know that at the Ramsey forum rules don't apply, point taken.
I was pointing out the double standard, and the forum owner made it clear she knew about the double standard and it was ok with her.
Why does that liken me to someone who lights a cigarette in a home where they're a guest?
After my post I received several private messages that people felt the same way. There are people getting warnings for saying Mark Klaas isn't an expert, but then people can openly call JR the most vile things on earth and never get so much a slap on the hand. I was just pointing that out, not dissing the whole forum.
You're right people can go elsewhere, but to say you shouldn't come here unless you agree with Tricia is wrong....I don't even think tricia would support that. Free speech is Free speech.......at websleuths its just sorta free speech and that's ok cuz tricia pays the bills. I can hang with that. But it doesn't make me rude or an a%#hole because I asked about the biasness, it was just a question.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I openly agree with you 100%.

Amy

kcksum said:
so are you saying those of us who feel the ramsey's are innocent and who are offended because people call them babykillers, perverts,monsters and so forth are being rude to tricia because she thinks calling them names is ok?
I think that's so wrong!!! I love this forum, I think its a great thing, I am told to follow rules, I was pointing out rules were being broken. Trish let me know that at the Ramsey forum rules don't apply, point taken.
I was pointing out the double standard, and the forum owner made it clear she knew about the double standard and it was ok with her.
Why does that liken me to someone who lights a cigarette in a home where they're a guest?
After my post I received several private messages that people felt the same way. There are people getting warnings for saying Mark Klaas isn't an expert, but then people can openly call JR the most vile things on earth and never get so much a slap on the hand. I was just pointing that out, not dissing the whole forum.
You're right people can go elsewhere, but to say you shouldn't come here unless you agree with Tricia is wrong....I don't even think tricia would support that. Free speech is Free speech.......at websleuths its just sorta free speech and that's ok cuz tricia pays the bills. I can hang with that. But it doesn't make me rude or an a%#hole because I asked about the biasness, it was just a question.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I keep wondering why anyone feels "Free Speech" and the First Amendment apply to message boards that are owned and operated by private individuals.

Mornin' Kcksum,

Noooo, no way do I mean we should be here to agree with everything the Web Hostess says. Personally (and that means it's my own personal opinion) I don't think Tricia (who I don't know from Eve) would want a forum where everyone followed her opinions blindly like sheep. What fun would that be? ;)

Nope. Didn't say everyone here should agree with Tricia at all. And I did not call anyone, nor would I ever call anyone on a message board and ar$ehole.
At my age, I pick my battles. In the grand scheme of things there are way more important topics to argue about in this great big ol' world.

My post was in reference to the posts that were discussing "bashing" & "name calling" of other posters.
Since I am, and have always been on the fence regarding the JBR case, I read replies, process the information and then decide whether I am going to take it or leave it.

My analogy about smoking.....Just like I won't light up in the home of someone who doesn't smoke, I'm not going to bash or call names to anyone who posts here, period. As far as my opinion goes, this is Tricia's Home, she pays the bills. I follow her rules regarding name calling and bashing cuz as I said, I wanna be allowed to drop in whenever I'm in the neighborhood. :dance:
That's all I was saying....nothing more, nothing less....nothing about being here and having to agree with Tricia's viewpoint.
Hope this clears up your concerns.

Edited to add: Hello again Kcksum, I reread your post twice and realized that you might have thought my post was directed at you personally...replying to your earlier post (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm sorry to have to admit that I hadn't even read all the posts when I posted my above post and yours was one of the posts I hadn't read. Moved my elderly parents in with me at Christmas...my spare time is sparse..I have to do everything quick-like-a-bunny and that includes my time here at WS. My earlier post was in regards to posters attacking other posters with name calling. Not at all related to your earlier post and I'm sorry you felt that way.

Tricia,
If you believe the Ramsey's (or one of them) are guilty how can you explain the evidence that they did not commit the crime.
With all due respect, what evidence excludes them?

Everything points to them... Every expert I've listened to, basically says there was NO intruder, so who does that leave????????????????

kcksum said:

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. That's what I do. Try not to say anything that you'll regret, and come back after you've cooled down. Remember, it is always going to be the same in here, so the same comments next year or the year after will bring the same responses, IMO.

Class-z said:
With all due respect, what evidence excludes them?
I ask this question on a daily basis. People usually refer to the footprint and the window and the DNA, but all of those have been explained. Sometimes people mention the unlocked doors, to which I point out John and Patsy both said the doors were locked only to change that later.

There's no forensic evidence of anyone other than a Ramsey in that house that night.

name calling
I guess name calling would have to be defined first, in order to say that a list owner/moderator was being impartial.

I don't pay the bills here, so I understand I got no say in the rules. ;) But I think what upsets some of us, me included, is the absolute statement, "the Ramseys are murderers." I have no problem with those that believe the evidence points to the Ramseys. I have no problem with someone saying that "in their opinion" the Ramseys are............."

My issue lies in the absolute declarative statement without proof. Let's face it, if there was positive proof the Ramseys killed their daughter, John would already be tried, convicted and sentenced. :behindbar Since that hasn't happened, I can only conclude that in my opinion there is insufficient evidence to prosecute him or any other member of his family.

I would like to believe that Karr did it. I would like to believe that Mary Lacy has enough evidence to bring him to trial. But like everything else in this case, I have my doubts. No one has all the answers..........yet.

Pepper said:
I don't pay the bills here, so I understand I got no say in the rules. ;) But I think what upsets some of us, me included, is the absolute statement, "the Ramseys are murderers." I have no problem with those that believe the evidence points to the Ramseys. I have no problem with someone saying that "in their opinion" the Ramseys are............."

My issue lies in the absolute declarative statement without proof. Let's face it, if there was positive proof the Ramseys killed their daughter, John would already be tried, convicted and sentenced. :behindbar Since that hasn't happened, I can only conclude that in my opinion there is insufficient evidence to prosecute him or any other member of his family.

I would like to believe that Karr did it. I would like to believe that Mary Lacy has enough evidence to bring him to trial. But like everything else in this case, I have my doubts. No one has all the answers..........yet.
Thank you - I completely agree.

Pepper said:

I always thought "in my opinion" was always implied, especially on a message board.

Tricia I very much respect you and everything you have done with this forum. I respect the mods you have chosen and the liberties, as well as restrictions, you have decided upon.

I have paid the costs of running a forum before, I've burned the midnight oil to keep the place running...I've played the pithy flame game with those who think they are "entitled" to destroy the peace in a forum or "run it themselves" when they wouldn't give one stinking dime of their money or hour of their time to do so. BUT...they are the "entitled." Oh the entitled...

No... this "ain't" your local "freedom of speech" place (people get a grip!) There is MUCH freedom to speak, but order is essential and I respect your right, Tricia, to keep the order. You are paying the tab! Aside from that you are VERY equitable in letting people share their thinking. Even so, if you let people "go off" at their will, with no order, NONE of us would want to be here.

Thank you Tricia for a job well done. I appreciate that you have some very strong feelings about some things. In one of my forums, I found myself in the same position and had to let everyone know it too.

Bravo Tricia, great job. I honor you for your work AND thank you for all that you give us all.

Wrinkles

kcksum said:
Thanks for your post. I just wanted to point out that ANY forum like this is going to automatically take on the biases of its owners and moderators, sometimes subtly and sometimes not so subtly. This does not ONLY happen on the Ramsey forum at this website and it does not ONLY happen on this website.

It is human nature that if you are in charge of somethig like this, you are more likely to chastise or delete threads that go against the rules if you disagree with the opinion behind those threads.

This is a terrific board and it seems that its owner welcomes all polite people, regardless of opinions. I appreciate your bringing this topic up for discussion. It is a worthwhile discussion.

HeartofTexas said:
And lest we forget, some of those guests busied themselves by cleaning kitchen counters and tables, thus cleaning away possible valuable evidence. Talk about contaminating (and cleaning up!) a crime scene!

Well I know if I was there and my nerves were tore up, I would be cleaning too.
It's what I do...drives my husband crazy but I vaccume EVERY DAY. LOL

kwatson696 said:
Well I know if I was there and my nerves were tore up, I would be cleaning too.
It's what I do...drives my husband crazy but I vaccume EVERY DAY. LOL
Will you come to my house? Please?!

HeartofTexas said:
And lest we forget, some of those guests busied themselves by cleaning kitchen counters and tables, thus cleaning away possible valuable evidence. Talk about contaminating (and cleaning up!) a crime scene!
Hee. I know this is a few days old...but, if I off someone in my house I'm calling Tricia and RiverRat and Tybee over to help me 'find them' and straighten up and then of course Sandraladeda because she is ALWAYS cleaning. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous_user