Police find suspect Steven Stephens in Facebook Live homicide dead in Erie PA

I'm not blaming the Mom but I don't understand if he went to his mom telling her her was suicidal and homicidal I wonder why she didn't notify authorities? I guess she didn't believe him but being it was out of character I would have taken him seriously probably because my own adult son is bi-polar so I would have him self commit on 5150 or called authorities. It's so bizarre SS helped so many kids counseling with mental and family issues then turns around and has a psychotic break. His other FB videos of him fishing and going to the game with his friend he seems like a nice normal friendly guy. It's so weird even when SS got out to shoot that poor man he said "Hi" started off being friendly. Strange how the mind can go off kilter so quickly.

BC News‏Verified account @NBCNews [video=twitter;854053758610755584]https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/854053758610755584[/video]More

Cleveland police say there’s “no truth” to reports that Facebook killing suspect Steve Stephens is in Philadelphia

(O/T, this reminds me of Abby's and Libby's case, how in these times with social media LE has to take the time to publicly squash rumors.)

Thank you everyone for the updates. :wave:

(This is O/T, but I'm reaaaally wondering now, after this incident and the school shooting in San Bernadino last week, which also involved a disgruntled ex (modified by me from the old term "disgruntled postal worker"), what set off our highway shooter here in NOCO (see signature for reference). He randomly shot 3 people individually, killing 2, and 2 years later the case is unsolved despite multiple agencies and a dedicated Task Force. Maybe the NOCO shooter was mad at his wife/girlfriend too? Sorry for O/T, but part of the value being here for me is to draw possible connections based on insight from other cases.)

(This is O/T, but I'm reaaaally wondering now, after this incident and the school shooting in San Bernadino last week, which also involved a disgruntled ex (modified by me from the old term "disgruntled postal worker"), what set off our highway shooter here in NOCO (see signature for reference). He randomly shot 3 people individually, killing 2, and 2 years later the case is unsolved despite multiple agencies and a dedicated Task Force. Maybe the NOCO shooter was mad at his wife/girlfriend too? Sorry for O/T, but part of the value being here for me is to draw possible connections based on insight from other cases.)

Either their mad and hold a grudge or the voices telling them to do it either CIA, or the devil. We have to pay attention to the warning signals from our loved ones, friends, and classmates. Most of the time there are SIGNS even if they don't come out and say it. We in this society have yo realize we have a big mental illness problem.

A thought I had is that for a mother to notify authorities about her black son could be a death sentence for him. She may have been too scared about what might happen to him to contact anyone.
I'm not blaming the Mom but I don't understand if he went to his mom telling her her was suicidal and homicidal I wonder why she didn't notify authorities? I guess she didn't believe him but being it was out of character I would have taken him seriously probably because my own adult son is bi-polar so I would have him self commit on 5150 or called authorities. It's so bizarre SS helped so many kids counseling with mental and family issues then turns around and has a psychotic break. His other FB videos of him fishing and going to the game with his friend he seems like a nice normal friendly guy. It's so weird even when SS got out to shoot that poor man he said "Hi" started off being friendly. Strange how the mind can go off kilter so quickly.

A thought I had is that for a mother to notify authorities about her black son could be a death sentence for him. She may have been too scared about what might happen to him to contact anyone.

Sadly, it was a death sentence for someone else.

LE would have talked to him then 5150 on a psychiatric hold. My Ex husband LE.

That would be ideal, and is probably what happens most of the time, but it is not always what happens. It is unfortunate that the woman didn't report her son. I was just trying to put myself in her shoes to understand why she didn't.
LE would have talked to him then 5150 on a psychiatric hold. My Ex husband LE.

Court records show accused Facebook killer Steve Stephens faced evictions, bankruptcy

[FONT=&amp]April 17, 2017 at 3:25 PM, updated [/FONT][FONT=&amp]April 17, 2017 at 4:35 PM

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]CLEVELAND, Ohio -- In his Sunday Facebook posts made shortly before police say he filmed himself shooting and killing a 74-year-old man, Steve Stephens said his gambling had caused him to "lose everything" and left him "out of options."[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Local court records shed light on Stephens' troubled financial situation, showing the 37-year-old Cleveland social-services employee was evicted from an apartment in Euclid in January over his failure to pay rent.

[/FONT]

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/04/court_records_show_accused_fac.html

Court records show accused Facebook killer Steve Stephens faced evictions, bankruptcy

[FONT=&amp]April 17, 2017 at 3:25 PM, updated [/FONT][FONT=&amp]April 17, 2017 at 4:35 PM

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]CLEVELAND, Ohio -- In his Sunday Facebook posts made shortly before police say he filmed himself shooting and killing a 74-year-old man, Steve Stephens said his gambling had caused him to "lose everything" and left him "out of options."[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Local court records shed light on Stephens' troubled financial situation, showing the 37-year-old Cleveland social-services employee was evicted from an apartment in Euclid in January over his failure to pay rent.

[/FONT]

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/04/court_records_show_accused_fac.html

Thanks for that good info. How was he able to buy that new fusion that still had the paper plates? It's a nice looking car.

Steve Stephens worked with troubled youth for nearly a decade before Cleveland Facebook killing

[FONT=&amp]April 17, 2017 at 2:06 PM, updated [/FONT][FONT=&amp]April 17, 2017 at 2:40 PM

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Steve Stephens worked with troubled youth for nearly a decade before police say he gunned down a random man in Cleveland Sunday afternoon and broadcasted the killing on Facebook, according to his employer.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Stephens took that position in April 2015 and worked with people between 16 and 25 years old.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]He helped the kids and young adults find career opportunities and prepare themselves for the working world, said Nancy Kortemeyer, senior director of marketing and public relations at Beech Brook.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Kortemeyer was unaware if Stephens' employment was officially terminated as of Monday afternoon, but said it was a matter of filing the appropriate paperwork.[/FONT]

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/04/steve_stephens_worked_with_tro.html

He will likely turn the gun on himself if he hasn't already. All the cases like this I have seen they do. With what he posted on his FB he said he had done gone too far... and he to his fraternity that he had done "F"ed up. I seen the video and he made sure to show his nametag. He supposedly worked with special needs kids. I doubt that he will let police take him in. IMHO
I am a veteran critical care nurse with 35 years in trauma ICU's and ER. I watched this mans video after he shot the man. There are some things I noticed about his behavior. Let me preface this by saying I have had to deescalate many people in crisis. Nurses deal with families in crisis everyday.
This man keeps saying 'I just lost it." Most people who "lose it" have an altered reality. They don't even know they have "lost it" The problem is you and not them. He is driving. That tells me he is oriented.

He says something about "being hopeful" I don't remember the exact quote. People who commit these heinous acts aren't hopeful. In fact, just the opposite.
He is just too rational.
I doubt if he will kill himself. His behavior is a cowards move. I believe he will be taken into custody without too much of a struggle.
This is just my opinion.

This morning it was reported that it was pinged in Pennsylvania

The rumored/reported ping was said to have been in Erie, PA, waay on the other side of the state. Erie, PA is actually not far from Cleveland, only a couple of hours, at most.

I live in NE Ohio and earlier this afternoon there were police choppers up searching in a grid pattern near the Canton-Akron Regional Airport area and also in Lake Twp. This area is approx 45 miles due south of downtown Cleveland.
Not sure if this was was from a tip or if they were just taking precautions and searching in different areas.

[h=1]Facebook murder suspect Steve Stephens posted regular life updates on YouTube account [/h][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] April 17, 2017, 1:25 PM
[/FONT]

Long before becoming a murderer in a Facebook video, Steve Stephens kept track of his life on YouTube — and showed no signs of trouble.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The YouTube account for Stephens, who remains on the run after publicly shooting a stranger, displayed the innocuous side of the man who would become the subject of an interstate manhunt.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]His account, under the name Triple Jointed TV, showed him fishing, bowling and bonding with a little boy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stephens had uploaded 19 videos since September 2015, all of them simple snippets from his life in Cleveland.[/FONT]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ife-updates-youtube-account-article-1.3065446

~

Thanks for that good info. How was he able to buy that new fusion that still had the paper plates? It's a nice looking car.

He just bought it on April 5. they do make it pretty easy to buy a car at most places. His bankruptcy was discharged in 2015. I do wonder if he actually was buying, or perhaps leasing. lease deals around here are darned cheap lately.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/04/car_facebook_killer_drove_was.html
Employees at the dealership, who declined to comment to cleveland.com, told investigators that Steve Stephens bought the white 2016 Ford Fusion April 5 at Kia of Bedford.

This shows they have a 2012 Fusion for payments of only $112 per month:
http://www.kiaofbedford.com/inventory/used-2012-ford-fusion-sport-fwd-4d-sedan-3fahp0kc0cr168267

April 5th, 11 days later he goes on to murder an innocent man (Mr. Godwin), i doubt he has made a payment on the car.

He just bought it on April 5. they do make it pretty easy to buy a car at most places. His bankruptcy was discharged in 2015. I do wonder if he actually was buying, or perhaps leasing. lease deals around here are darned cheap lately.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/04/car_facebook_killer_drove_was.html
Employees at the dealership, who declined to comment to cleveland.com, told investigators that Steve Stephens bought the white 2016 Ford Fusion April 5 at Kia of Bedford.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77
Back