Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was irresponsible yes but I have not heard one person say she wasn't loving, nurturing and caring.

It is NOT loving, caring nor nurturing to put your sick infant in the crib and go out and have "adult" time which consists of getting blasted and effectively neglecting three minor children. I am sorry but love is a choice, and action and she chose alcohol over her child. MOO

Is there proof writer7 that LE said those words to DB? tia

I don't believe anyone has said that LE said those words to DB. I wasn't meaning to imply that; I was talking about why I might not be able to stand continued police questioning if my child were missing. Just a hypothetical kind of discussion :)

It's not hypothetical that police can tell you any kind of misinformation about your missing child's case. It would drive me insane. It really would.

....and how are your lawyers going to help you find your child?

In my case, I'd definitely be innocent, so continuing heated questioning of me would not lead to my child at all. If the cops wanted me to remember something, harsh interrogation certainly wouldn't help that, either. If a lawyer could keep the ridiculous stuff (ridiculous because I'd know I was innocent, remember) to a minimum, then we could all move on to more fruitful things, I'd hope.

I'd much rather be out plastering the city with fliers than keep up with a heated and ridiculous prolonged interrogation if I were innocent. I'd cooperate for a long while, but I'm not one of the folks who'd stay 24/7 for weeks no matter the line of questioning, etc. I could see cases where I would 'stop cooperating'.

In this case, it bothers me that the police said that after a very long interrogation. It doesn't seem right that the cops came out publicly with something so bold if the parents had just been there for so many hours.

Maybe the parents were being smart alecs the whole time in with the cops; I don't know. But that did make me suspicious of how the cops may be treating this whole questioning thing.

It is NOT loving, caring nor nurturing to put your sick infant in the crib and go out and have "adult" time which consists of getting blasted and effectively neglecting three minor children. I am sorry but love is a choice, and action and she chose alcohol over her child. MOO

I have to say that when my daughter was little when she got sick she wanted to sleep. She didn't want to be cuddled or messed with she just wanted to sleep. she has always been that way but if she wasn't feeling good it was worse. When I told her dr he said if she wanted to sleep let her sleep, there was nothing wrong with a baby who slept alot. Even now she is still one of those kids that needs a solid 10-12 hours sleep and when she is sick she sleeps longer. Granted I don't drink, but I would leave her in her room to sleep while I did my own stuff and didn't really bother her. I wasn't being neglectful, I was letting her do what her body needed to do. All children are different, we don't know what the normal routine was, or her sleep schedule was. Maybe Jeremy liked to spend time with her in the am before he went to work so she was use to going to bed at 6-7 and getting up at 5-6. Maybe she had a busy day and was tired. I think Debbie made mistakes, but I don't think you can judge the way she parented off one night.

Do we wonder why LE has been focused on DB? Her original story was a lie. She made up a phony timeline and phony story and told the cops that she put the baby to bed at 7:30 and checked on her again at 10:30. Only LATER ON did she admit that was a lie. She was also pretty drunk that night. The cops knew this from the start, and they also knew those phones were used during the time they were supposedly stolen. So any wonder why they were interrogating her so harshly? They also knew that no one climbed in that window.

BBM LE may think that no one enter the window, but they don't know it. The remainder of your post may be true but that doesn't mean LE should have blown off other clues. LE did not take the crib bedding on their first search. Why?? LE initially disregarded the neighbor's sighting of the man with baby. Why?? LE immediately discredited the "baby diapers" before anything was tested. LE immediately gave a pc ,when the news of Jersey being arrested was reported, stating that he had been cleared and openly smirking about the idea that Jersey may have something to do with BL. Why?? Any potential evidence that may have lead away from the parents was immediately discredited. Who knows where that info may have lead if LE had done a thorough job?

I have to say that when my daughter was little when she got sick she wanted to sleep. She didn't want to be cuddled or messed with she just wanted to sleep. she has always been that way but if she wasn't feeling good it was worse. When I told her dr he said if she wanted to sleep let her sleep, there was nothing wrong with a baby who slept alot. Even now she is still one of those kids that needs a solid 10-12 hours sleep and when she is sick she sleeps longer. Granted I don't drink, but I would leave her in her room to sleep while I did my own stuff and didn't really bother her. I wasn't being neglectful, I was letting her do what her body needed to do. All children are different, we don't know what the normal routine was, or her sleep schedule was. Maybe Jeremy liked to spend time with her in the am before he went to work so she was use to going to bed at 6-7 and getting up at 5-6. Maybe she had a busy day and was tired. I think Debbie made mistakes, but I don't think you can judge the way she parented off one night.

My oldest went to bed at 6pm and slept til 6am even though I tried to keep him up later so he would sleep later. Didn't work. Then my second child stayed up half the the night and slept during the day. Babies set their own schedule.

Do we wonder why LE has been focused on DB? Her original story was a lie. She made up a phony timeline and phony story and told the cops that she put the baby to bed at 7:30 and checked on her again at 10:30. Only LATER ON did she admit that was a lie. She was also pretty drunk that night. The cops knew this from the start, and they also knew those phones were used during the time they were supposedly stolen. So any wonder why they were interrogating her so harshly? They also knew that no one climbed in that window.

BBM Using your post (bolded) as a jumping off point, just because the window was tampered with doesn't mean anyone came in that window, but they may have attempted to. Or someone / something may have left from that window. Seems a common assumption by the talking Heads such as NG and JVM et all that entry WAS gained from the window IF there was an intruder / abducter. We have no proof one way or another how the window plays into Baby Lisa missing. It never hurts to look at the grey areas since life is seldom black and white, KWIM?

My oldest went to bed at 6pm and slept til 6am even though I tried to keep him up later so he would sleep later. Didn't work. Then my second child stayed up half the the night and slept during the day. Babies set their own schedule.

I agree. My eldest child had to be woke up for feeding, and keeping her awake for her bottle was near impossible, but we also enjoyed long quiet evenings. :great:

I agree. My eldest child had to be woke up for feeding, and keeping her awake for her bottle was near impossible, but we also enjoyed long quiet evenings. :great:

I suppose you checked on your child once in a while...

I know there are some who adamantly support DB and JI, and, likewise, I know there are others who do not.

I really hope this sweet little girl has come to no harm, and will be reunited with her family.

I just want to say, for those who support her parents, given everything that has been made known (and I know, not everything we hear is true), and the allegation that the parents have not helped out LE as much as they could have, really, you can't really blame people for looking at the parents with suspicion. I know that if you truly believe in your heart that they are innocent of any type of wrong doing, this is probably hard to acknowledge.

What kind of parents would I not look at suspiciously? Those that have bent over backwards, tirelessly answering as many questions as LE felt it necessary to ask, even if it's over and over again, because it all works towards bringing the baby home; a parent who makes themselves so available to LE that they're almost a nuisance; a parent who tells the truth the first time, realizing that to waste time by doing anything else is only going to hinder the search for their daughter; a parent who wants to leave no stone unturned in finding their daughter, even if that means taking LDTs, or having the other children in the house questioned; a parent willing to do whatever it takes to find the truth.

Again, I sincerely, with all my heart, hope that this beautiful little girl is returned to her parents alive and well. And if it turns out that I am wrong, and no one in the household is withholding any information, or otherwise not cooperating, I would like to be the first in line to offer my apologies to them.

Wow! sorry friends...I just read a few pages back and you all are asking the same question I am.:great:

Come on now! If it were my child....you could not shut me up..I would be Natalie Hollaway's mom..Lacy Peterson's mom...I would give my last breath to find my child....but that's just me.

hi partyuva5,
I would too. I'd just do it. I would go to the cops each day. I'd talk to any media source that listened. I would not shut up. I specially wouldn't take a day off to rest. I'd rest when my baby was found.

RSABBM. Re first bold: I don't know that this is "not true." As I recall, the parents were offended by "nasty" LE interrogation tactics and refused to answer the questions that LE considered "vital." I would consider this refusal to qualify as "not working with them."
Re second bold: Do you have a link for this? The last I heard was that they will only agree to be interviewed together. Their attorneys don't have to profit an offer for the parents to be interviewed; the LE has an open door policy and, I feel certain, would drop everything else to accommodate interviews with DB and JI. The ball in not is LE's court! It is the parents and their team that is putting up the roadblocks and doing the stalling.

And please, don't intimate that because the parents have decided to assert their Miranda Rights (formally or not) and their motives for doing so are being questioned, that we are in danger of falling into Iran's lap on personal freedom issues. I don't believe any posts here have necessitated such a dramatic warning.

Hi Expecting Unicorns,
Firstly I love your hat.
Secondl Your words are exquisitely written.
Third I put emphasis on some of your words by marking them purple.
Fourth-Your last paragraph is, well it's this-:woohoo: Reposted below-

And please, don't intimate that because the parents have decided to assert their Miranda Rights (formally or not) and their motives for doing so are being questioned, that we are in danger of falling into Iran's lap on personal freedom issues. I don't believe any posts here have necessitated such a dramatic warning.

hi partyuva5,
I would too. I'd just do it. I would go to the cops each day. I'd talk to any media source that listened. I'd would not shut up. I specially wouldn't take a day off to rest. I'd rest when my baby was found.

When you walk into your local Walmart and see the board of missing kids, how many of those can you remember where the parents appeared on tv, asking for the return of their kids? As a matter of fact, you probably would of never heard of most of those children until you looked on the board.

Are the parents of those children not doing enough because you never heard of them before? More people know about Lisa Irwin than your average missing child. By a lot.

When you walk into your local Walmart and see the board of missing kids, how many of those can you remember where the parents appeared on tv, asking for the return of their kids? As a matter of fact, you probably would of never heard of most of those children until you looked on the board.

Are the parents of those children not doing enough because you never heard of them before? More people know about Lisa Irwin than your average missing child. By a lot.
VERY good point!

My feelings exactly...
These parents are down to two children from three, but hooray, they have their rights and are guarding those pretty darn well, at least.

hi cluciano63.
:maddening: That bothers me. Baby Lisa's rights to be protected by her mother was definitely taken away.

Rhetorical I guess------Are missing Lisa's parents selfish in a way? Can they be worried about themselves more than a child they made together?

On the flip-side, Lisa's parents have access to ALL the media they could possibly need. Just because I've not seen parents of other missing children plea for help does not mean they wouldn't live in front of the cameras given the chance. I've seen many parents beg for coverage. What are the chances they'd go into hiding upon receiving that wish?

With respect and JMO.

Exactly...lawyers are delaying the investigation and are there to help the parents avoid charges, not find BL.

Do parents of missing children generally hire lawyers? I mean is this protocol?

Do parents of missing children generally hire lawyers? I mean is this protocol?

Is there any kind of protocol for parents of missing children? I mean one size fits all kind of thing?

Funny you brought up Walmart. I went there today, looked at the missing kids poster. Did the same thing when I went into the post office. Wasn't one single missing person the age of Lisa on either establishments board.

The other poster and I were describing how we would react if our child was missing. Not how all parents of missing children would act---how WE would act.
:)

On the flip-side, Lisa's parents have access to ALL the media they could possibly need. Just because I've not seen parents of other missing children plea for help does not mean they wouldn't live in front of the cameras given the chance. I've seen many parents beg for coverage. What are the chances they'd go into hiding upon receiving that wish?

With respect and JMO.

Very good point. :cupcake:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members