Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM Fortunately, if they were then we have slid further into 'freedoms lost' in this country. From day one the parents spoke with police, on more than one occasion, DB took a lie detector test and was 'told' by LE she failed. We don't know that that is truth or LE tactic. She was shown burnt clothes and told she was white trash and that she killed her baby. At that point, as was her constitutionally guaranteed right, she did not have to say anymore. Then she got representation, as did Jeremy. A benefactor saw the way this case was going and that the parents were being button-holed into 'suspect' mode and stepped into the fray. I'm glad they did so.

Respectfully, BBM

Who said LE called her this-IF they did?

He works for the same company during the day as he worked for that one night.
:thanks:

So he is dependent on his cell phone and going wherever he is assigned..no?

If JI works as most electricians and go to various places during the day/week, why would he forget he carries a cell phone? He came home and they searched for their non-working phones and he says he forgot he had one in his pocket. My goodness, it is his lifeline/workphone.

I would LOVE to hear that 911 call.

Any info we have about the "white trash" accusation is third hand at best (LE to JI/DB to lawyer/spokesperson).

No link to LE saying this to JI or DB.

Also no link to disprove it.

A back and forth conversation would be a more effective way of trying to figure out what happened to baby Lisa that night. As the questions come up and answers are given it may trigger a memory or the parents may view something in a different way.
A lot of info has been bandied about on this forum and in the media .LE continues to get tips.Wouldn't it be helpful if they could sit down with each parent and ask "did you happen to notice a silver Honda accord leave behind you as you left the grocery store?" " and a conversation flows from that ."Yes,I see that lady around there all the time.She's always been very friendly".................I completely made up that scenario ,but you can see how a discussion would make more sense than asking a question,waiting on a scripted ,sanitized reply ,then coming back with a follow up question.
LE is trying to find their baby ,after all.

THANK YOU. There is a huge difference between 'asking' a question through the attorney second hand, and having the person of interest sitting there in the office with them. The cops get a lot of info from body language, physical responses, unconscious responses, etc.

BBM Fortunately, if they were then we have slid further into 'freedoms lost' in this country. From day one the parents spoke with police, on more than one occasion, DB took a lie detector test and was 'told' by LE she failed. We don't know that that is truth or LE tactic. She was shown burnt clothes and told she was white trash and that she killed her baby. At that point, as was her constitutionally guaranteed right, she did not have to say anymore. Then she got representation, as did Jeremy. A benefactor saw the way this case was going and that the parents were being button-holed into 'suspect' mode and stepped into the fray. I'm glad they did so.

I know those things were said to have happened ,but we don't that it's true . I really don't believe LE called DB white trash. I don't even know if they told her she failed the LDT. Just because someone from the defense team said it ,that doesn't make it so. They are tryng to make DB appear as a victim and villainizing LE to explain why the parents aren't working with LE to find their child.
Just my opinion

When I refer to custody, I am not referring to anyone being held at the jail. I am referring to myself and people like myself who think and react more like LE than otherwise. My frame of reference is custodial. I see things more from a LE perspective than from a Defensive (legal) position.

Others see things from the point of view of protection of citizens rights at all costs and they usually aren't thinking like a police officer would when it comes to perps and their possible guilt.

Thanks for your reply. I will say that I'm a believer of the Constitution of the United States.

And if I'm correct, law enforcement officers swear an oath to defend the Constitution when their sworn into duty.

So I see myself on the same side as law enforcement officers.

Thanks for your reply. I will say that I'm a believer of the Constitution of the United States.

And if I'm correct, law enforcement officers swear an oath to defend the Constitution when their sworn into duty.

So I see myself on the same side as law enforcement officers.

I know there is an Oath of Honor...I don't know about the rest..

Glad to see you're on the side of LE.

A back and forth conversation would be a more effective way of trying to figure out what happened to baby Lisa that night. As the questions come up and answers are given it may trigger a memory or the parents may view something in a different way.
A lot of info has been bandied about on this forum and in the media .LE continues to get tips.Wouldn't it be helpful if they could sit down with each parent and ask "did you happen to notice a silver Honda accord leave behind you as you left the grocery store?" " and a conversation flows from that ."Yes,I see that lady around there all the time.She's always been very friendly".................I completely made up that scenario ,but you can see how a discussion would make more sense than asking a question,waiting on a scripted ,sanitized reply ,then coming back with a follow up question.
LE is trying to find their baby ,after all.
Your absolutely right. But I think after 7 weeks have gone by, it's getting to be a little late for asking those kind of questions.

But then again, why can't LE just put any questions they do have to the attorneys and see what they can get?

THANK YOU. There is a huge difference between 'asking' a question through the attorney second hand, and having the person of interest sitting there in the office with them. The cops get a lot of info from body language, physical responses, unconscious responses, etc.

I get the feeling that those who support the parents not talking to LE are assuming LE just wants to pin something on the parents.There seems to be a great distrust of LE,but they have received many tips and found new info since the initial interviews and may actually be leaning towards someone else. We just don't know.DB and JI may have info they don't even realize is important .

The real issue for me though,is the parents concern for themselves over baby Lisa. As a mom I just don't get that. It would be different if they were working with a missing children's organization or TES,and avoided LE,but they aren't really doing anything .
Oh wait! Yes they are,they are getting back to normal. Without resolving what happened .

I found this Stroud's Restaurant. It is 16 miles from Lister. I only found one in the city. What is the significance of this place and why did LE search behind it?

I'm seeing it as only 4.7 miles from the N Lister address to the Stroud's on Oak Ridge. Is that the area they searched? Behind the Stroud's on NE Oak Ridge Rd?

ETA. . .neverminid. It is. It's on the map on the reference page.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209942082992863047244.0004ae79b21a5bcdbda87&msa=0

She said it's "terrible" that police may be focusing on her. "My daughter is missing," she said. "The last thing that I want to have to worry about is something like that. I shouldn't have to put any energy, any time or effort, into anything but finding her."

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-10-17/...jay-nixon-safe-return-interview?_s=PM:JUSTICE

Deb thought she'd be locked up by now. She's not. Her worries about LE should have lessened significantly with JT and JP and team on her side. What's she been doing to find her baby?

Not being smart...I am asking this question for a reason...how many of you have dealt with LE over a crime?

I don't mean being a victim of a crime but someone who either by accident, association or just someone that needed to be eliminated as a suspect...

I have only because of the type of business I own. Twice it was broken into and to investigate it they had to eliminate me as a suspect which wasn't too bad because they know me and know the type of person I am...however I will say that they did target a couple of my employees due to their history/records even though I stuck up for them..in the end it wasn't them (which I knew). I saw what they did and said to these people..I saw what they put them through only because they set their sights on them..

I 100% agree that DB/JI should not talk to LE without their lawyers present. I actually find it hard to believe that LE is even asking them to do this. I don't think there is a lawyer in the United States that would allow that. I see no problem in them asking the questions through the lawyers. They interviewed them for hours/in separate rooms, no need to go through that again especially if they are innocent. IMO

She said it's "terrible" that police may be focusing on her. "My daughter is missing," she said. "The last thing that I want to have to worry about is something like that. I shouldn't have to put any energy, any time or effort, into anything but finding her."

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-10-17/...jay-nixon-safe-return-interview?_s=PM:JUSTICE

Deb thought she'd be locked up by now. She's not. Her worries about LE should have lessened significantly with JT and JP and team on her side. What's she been doing to find her baby?

BBM reference IDM post [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7369045&postcount=543"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Irwin Attorney: ‘Jersey’ Bragged About Kidnapping Lisa Irwin[/ame]

Not being smart...I am asking this question for a reason...how many of you have dealt with LE over a crime?

I don't mean being a victim of a crime but someone who either by accident, association or just someone that needed to be eliminated as a suspect...

I have only because of the type of business I own. Twice it was broken into and to investigate it they had to eliminate me as a suspect which wasn't too bad because they know me and know the type of person I am...however I will say that they did target a couple of my employees due to their history/records even though I stuck up for them..in the end it wasn't them (which I knew). I saw what they did and said to these people..I saw what they put them through only because they set their sights on them..

I 100% agree that DB/JI should not talk to LE without their lawyers present. I actually find it hard to believe that LE is even asking them to do this. I don't think there is a lawyer in the United States that would allow that. I see no problem in them asking the questions through the lawyers. They interviewed them for hours/in separate rooms, no need to go through that again especially if they are innocent. IMO

I have been on the other end of a LDT and I've posted my story elsewhere, so I won't repeat it all here. The officer on the case had on blinders and although there were numerous people, some with criminal history, at the location at the time, I was the only one questioned, searched, hooked up to a LDT etc. It didn't take long at all for the "questions" to become accusational in nature and I blew my cool big time. Yes I failed the first LDT over that too. I promptly demanded a 2nd go 'round with the questions to be asked as questions and not as statements of fact. I passed the 2nd LDT and the officer on the case was told at that point to focus elsewhere. I would not have gone back for a 3rd attempt when no one else was being questioned.

BBM. The lawyer who sat at DB's side during a previous interview has said he guided her about the questions. iirc, he's also a law school professor. I think having a lawyer present while being questioned by LE is a fairly common practice of defense attorneys who believe their client is innocent.

JMO

=highflyer;7369289]Don't think it is the crime of a stranger either, but narrowing it down to just family?

I've narrowed it down to the parents. I will leave a little wiggle room for the elusive psycho maniac pedophile that had the luck of entering a home the one night a man wasn't in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid