Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the best of my knowledge, LE has not confirmed that DB lied to them at any point. (Maybe she did, we just don't know.) The story told to the media did, apparently, change, but lying to the media is not against the law.

I personally wonder whether it is perhaps Jeremy who is so strongly against sitting down with local LE. Again, we don't know, but if he was actually cleared by LE (again, what HE said, LE has said nothing about that!) and is uninvolved in any way, I can see that reaction. But again, all we know about the story DB told to LE and what they said to her comes from Deb & the media--LE has not said one way or another.

I think they did lie to LE and here is why I think that. The media was given info like' the last time Lisa was seen alive', and was given that immediately. That info was a lie. Surely they told LE the same time of the last sighting as they did in the immediate media interviews. Right?

You know what, that's a good point. LE still hasn't said one way or another, but you could be right.

You're welcome. And, yes, I did do a little "reading in between the lines" since the reporter doesn't come right out and say that it is Stroud's.

I guess the important thing to note about the report is that the search area is near where the teen works.

I'm sure LE is just being diligent but I do have to wonder if the search was prompted due to something not "jiving" with what he told them. Perhaps the female teen is certain he said something different than what he told LE?

All JMO.
Or the teen told LE something different than he told the reporter?

..Keep hoping there Nixie..it can't hurt. The FBI is not involved in searching for missing children till it crosses State Lines. The local LE are the ones who need the cooperation of the parents.

The FBI usually has a limited role...that being their labs are used for forensics. Every once in awhile, they do profiling. I have no doubt the attorneys want to talk to FBI because they are the ones that would have results of any testing of materials...and that could involve their clients. FBI is not going to share anything with them unless there is a legal loophole these attorneys find.

Defense Attorneys have no interest in locating a missing child. They are there to represent and prevent LE from accusing their clients. They will do everything in their power to find a way to accuse LE of hyperfocusing on their client or anything else they can find. Defense attorneys loves to go after LE, in fact they make a career around it.
BBM
This is not true in this case at all. The FBI has been far more visibly present than KCPD here. The FBI has visibly conducted more of the physical searches here than KCPD as far as I can tell.
Personal experience here was also that the FBI asked far more questions around here than KCPD. It was starting to look like KCPD did not share some vital info around here with the FBI from talking to them during the searches.

BBM
This is not true in this case at all. The FBI has been far more visibly present than KCPD here. The FBI has visibly conducted more of the physical searches here than KCPD as far as I can tell.
Personal experience here was also that the FBI asked far more questions around here than KCPD. It was starting to look like KCPD did not share some vital info around here with the FBI from talking to them during the searches.
Well, I am glad I used the adverb "Usually"...

This is a first. KCPD must have invited the FBI to do this....and there has to be a very good reason. They will profile as they go...and they will share what they find out.

I seriously doubt KCPD is not giving the FBI information. I am sure they are looking for a body and need their specialized skills. If the parents are involved or if they have another suspect in mind, a good profile of them will be the best way to find Lisa and the FBI excel at profiling. Since the parents and their attorneys PREFER to talk to FBI, they may accommodate them.

I would love to see a profile on Jeremy. KCPD is pulling out all the stops on this case. They have left no stone unturned. It is a darn shame the parents don't cooperate. I would rather be questioned by local PD then the FBI. Have you ever been questioned by them?..Lordy! I had FBI screech into my driveway once...thought I'd have a heart attack.

Seriously, JI, things are getting better? I'm ready for those two to be locked up. :behindbar:

I agree Whisp, I think it is past time for Deborah Bradley to get over herself and realize that she is not a celebrity here and do the right thing for Lisa. She appears to be thinking only about herself.

These two parents are selfish with their interviews, that's for sure. What would be the reason they don't want to be interviewed separately?....other than, they have to be on top of what each other say. There is not a good reason for these two to be tied so tightly. They are either covering for themselves or covering for someone else.

This is a first. KCPD must have invited the FBI to do this....and there has to be a very good reason. They will profile as they go...and they will share what they find out.

I seriously doubt KCPD is not giving the FBI information. I am sure they are looking for a body and need their specialized skills. If the parents are involved or if they have another suspect in mind, a good profile of them will be the best way to find Lisa and the FBI excel at profiling. Since the parents and their attorneys PREFER to talk to FBI, they may accommodate them.
The FBI was called in within hours. They were here almost as soon as the Amber Alert was issued.
My stating not sharing info was solely based on the physical searches of the woods. Things that should have been marked on the maps that were provided to the FBI from what we were told were provided by KCPD were not marked. We are talking some pretty important features in the woods that should have been brought to their attention.

*Official* FBI information
If a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation?

Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/faqs

The FBI is frequently there early. They provide all the facilities for any forensics. If you are suggesting that KCPD is up to no good, I will tend not to agree. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty in this case.

I would like to know why this case has a huge benefactor supporting the attorneys and the large reward. I may also suggest that the same benefactor may be behind the FBI working so closely on this case. There are plenty more cases that need their attention, yet the money and clout are going to this family and I would like to know why.

I refuse to put down the local PD in this matter. I may suggest that is the intention of the legal team that supports the parents and they are working it.

If a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation?

Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.

Obviously, they are being used here more so than other case going on right now. FBI, international high profile Criminal Attorney running the case. A P.I. who doesn't investigate or speak with any witnesses but is a spokesperson for these parents. A Criminal Defense Attorney that is local. Law Professor assisting parents in second formal interview. Do the Math.

Somebody is paying for all this. They say a "Wealthy Benefactor". Maybe if that person is revealed, we will know why this family is getting more funds and support than any other high profile case currently happening.

The FBI is frequently there early. They provide all the facilities for any forensics. If you are suggesting that KCPD is up to no good, I will tend not to agree. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty in this case.

I would like to know why this case has a huge benefactor supporting the attorneys and the large reward. I may also suggest that the same benefactor may be behind the FBI working so closely on this case. There are plenty more cases that need their attention, yet the money and clout are going to this family and I would like to know why.

I refuse to put down the local PD in this matter. I may suggest that is the intention of the legal team that supports the parents and they are working it.
If it is being implied that I am putting down local LE, then that is not the case. I am only stating that the FBI is doing more of the physical searches and they were not getting some vital info on the wooded areas. They were asking some very good questions of the locals about the search areas. The FBI has been a more physical presence in the neighborhood.

What is the connection between the "Wealthy Benefactor" and the parents? If not related, why this case? Why the FBI? It appears the lawyers prefer the FBI to local LE...well that's nothing new. The question is, Who is behind this circus?

If it is being implied that I am putting down local LE, then that is not the case. I am only stating that the FBI is doing more of the physical searches and they were not getting some vital info on the wooded areas. They were asking some very good questions of the locals about the search areas. The FBI has been a more physical presence in the neighborhood.

I like to see them walk on to Lister and start interviewing and profiling the parents but there will be no such thing. The super slick and very guided parents of a missing child have a fleet of people to speak for them and protect them from any such thing as an interview.

It looks like the FBI has a task force on the ground searching for the baby's body.

Once again, why is this benefactor so involved with this particular case?

Why this case and not the others?

This case is going the way of the Eisenbergs. They walked away and settled with LE for a $1M.

278 babies under one year went missing in ten years. 265 of them were killed by a parent figure ...

She is out there somewhere in the dark and the cold, and she will never be found.

The parents will go on their merry way, drinking, drugging, and finding new partners.

She is out there somewhere in the dark and the cold, and she will never be found.

The parents will go on their merry way, drinking, drugging, and finding new partners.

In your opinion I presume? Just asking ~ because my opinion is very different on all counts. There is zero information about any 'drugging' happening by the parents at all...just sayin'

I agree Whisp, I think it is past time for Deborah Bradley to get over herself and realize that she is not a celebrity here and do the right thing for Lisa. She appears to be thinking only about herself.

bbm = this is the second (at least) time I have seen 'celebrity' in relation to DB and I have to ask why? I don't see her all dolled up for the cameras, even when she was giving the interviews that everyone craved and picked at - and I don't see her fancying up to clean her yard and arrange the mementos to Lisa. I'm wondering where the 'celebrity' comes into peoples opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname