Poll: Did Darlie Routier murder her children?

Did Darlie do it?

• Yes ~ she is on Death Row where she belongs

Votes: 234 57.2%
  • No ~ there was an intruder

Votes: 59 14.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 116 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. I just went to Darlie's site to look at the bruises again but I can't seem to find a way to get to the pictures other than through a slideshow and I can't bear to look at the crime scene photos or the autopsy photos again.

I did see pics of the bruises but they weren't specifically of those injuries. It appeared that the bruises go around the arm and by the elbow. I don't know if a needle would cause bruising to that area? No idea. But I have seen some massive bruising from IV's and blood donations, etc.

What I did notice on Darlie's site is that one of the pictures of the wounds to her neck seems to pop up during the slide show over and over and over again. Lots of different photos but that one picture is shown repeatedly.

They did find wet towels.

No, Jeana, they didn't. There was no testimony about anything being wet or even diluted with water...no towels, no clothing, no carpet, nothing.

That story surfaced years after her trial, courtesy of Darlie's supporters. They had to explain the washed-out blood in the sink and on the faucet handles. What better way to do that than insist that she was wetting towels in the sink?

Sounds good, but it's not true.

I just went to Darlie's site to look at the bruises again.

Please don't form any opinions on the pictures at Darlie's website, JerseyGirl. They've been altered by her supporters. You'll get a much truer picture with the transcript testimony that focuses on her right-arm bruises.

It appeared that the bruises go around the arm and by the elbow. I don't know if a needle would cause bruising to that area?

I suppose it could, but Darlie didn't have any needles in her right arm. The IV and arterial monitor were in her left arm.

Just the fact that she's got bruises and cuts,and no clear signs of an intruder,says to me that she was the one involved in the attacks.Is it said anywhere if Darin was checked all over for bruises and cuts? thx

Please don't form any opinions on the pictures at Darlie's website, JerseyGirl. They've been altered by her supporters. You'll get a much truer picture with the transcript testimony that focuses on her right-arm bruises.
I read a lot of this stuff a long time ago and since I can't remember things much longer than a day or two, I forget most of the details. However, I do remember that after much back and forth, I came to the conclusion that Darlie is guilty. I still believe that.

I didn't remember that the IV's were in the left arm. So clearly the bruises couldn't be from that. I also question if four days might be a LONG time for bruising to appear. Even if not, I think the poster that mentioned being beaten up by Darin has a good point. That could have been what started all of the madness in the house that night. A physical confrontation followed by the "talk" about getting divorced followed by that horrible, horrible crime committed against those boys.

When I have some time in the near future, I am going to be refreshing my memory on those bruises in the testimony. The good thing about a bad memory - everytime you read something again, it's as interesting as the first time! :)

I read a lot of this stuff a long time ago and since I can't remember things much longer than a day or two, I forget most of the details. However, I do remember that after much back and forth, I came to the conclusion that Darlie is guilty. I still believe that.

I didn't remember that the IV's were in the left arm. So clearly the bruises couldn't be from that. I also question if four days might be a LONG time for bruising to appear. Even if not, I think the poster that mentioned being beaten up by Darin has a good point. That could have been what started all of the madness in the house that night. A physical confrontation followed by the "talk" about getting divorced followed by that horrible, horrible crime committed against those boys.

When I have some time in the near future, I am going to be refreshing my memory on those bruises in the testimony. The good thing about a bad memory - everytime you read something again, it's as interesting as the first time! :)

I really feel like Darin is hiding something.When I saw him on Unsolved Mysteries,he lied about their money problems,saying he'd been making more and more money every yr...'so what was the problem?',he asks.After reading a bit more on the case,he's lying,and I believe he's guilty of at least something,maybe he's afraid of being charged with something if he and Darlie got into a fight that led to the boys being stabbed.

Although there was evidence of her lying on her sofa, sleeping or not, beacuse there was blood showing the outline of her pillow on the sofa.

That is absolutely not true. There was no blood outline on the pillow, no blood outline of her head on the couch, no blood outline of anything.

Where are you getting this nonsense?

Darlie's website. Where else?

THAT is what is so frustrating! There are good-hearted, well-intentioned people who get sucked into believing in her based on misinformation. They are more willing to accept what she and her family says than what evidence shows.

Nicola, I did not say that "there was massive amount of blood INFRONT of sink" Obviously there were blood drips in front of it. This was another area that showed up in the luminol, not to the unaided eye. There were no smears around the area and I have no idea how the area looked under the luminol, as it was not photographed. Only recalling the description (Anyone here with a better memory that can direct her to the transcript backing this up?) So, from that, I am assuming that is the answer to your question of "why was there not blood found elsewhere around sink"
You asked where the cleaning products were if a clean up was done-they were under the sink behind the door that had to be opened in order to get that blood drip inside. Where were the towels used to clean up? Hmm, can't prove it but maybe that was why towels had to be brought into the picture.
Just curious, how do you think the boys' blood got on the back of her nightshirt? The pattern is that of what would be seen if she had been stabbing them.

Just the fact that she's got bruises and cuts,and no clear signs of an intruder,says to me that she was the one involved in the attacks.Is it said anywhere if Darin was checked all over for bruises and cuts? thx

Yes, Darin was photographed at the hospital when he arrived and his clothes removed as evidence.

THAT is what is so frustrating! There are good-hearted, well-intentioned people who get sucked into believing in her based on misinformation. They are more willing to accept what she and her family says than what evidence shows.

Nicola, I did not say that "there was massive amount of blood INFRONT of sink" Obviously there were blood drips in front of it. This was another area that showed up in the luminol, not to the unaided eye. There were no smears around the area and I have no idea how the area looked under the luminol, as it was not photographed. Only recalling the description (Anyone here with a better memory that can direct her to the transcript backing this up?) So, from that, I am assuming that is the answer to your question of "why was there not blood found elsewhere around sink"
You asked where the cleaning products were if a clean up was done-they were under the sink behind the door that had to be opened in order to get that blood drip inside. Where were the towels used to clean up? Hmm, can't prove it but maybe that was why towels had to be brought into the picture.
Just curious, how do you think the boys' blood got on the back of her nightshirt? The pattern is that of what would be seen if she had been stabbing them.

The luminol testimony is in the transcripts Stella. Maybe Nicola might consider reading there.

This is going to come as a shock to everyone here, but I have a few thoughts about the bruises (no boo-ing from the audience, and yes, I'm talking about Jeana and Cami, lol!)

JMO, here's how it shakes out:

1. The murders occurred on 6/6. The bruises didn't show up until 6/10.

2. Darlie was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days, during which time her right arm was checked by nurses and doctors every day, including the day she was discharged. No bruising, no swelling, no redness.

3. Every single doctor and nurse testified that, at the very least, there would have been red discoloration and some swelling on her right arm within 24 to 48 hours after suffering enough blunt trauma to cause the deep purple bruises photographed on 6/10.

The only reasonable explanation is that Darlie inflicted the blunt trauma to her right arm after she left the hospital. Could Darin have beat her after she was discharged? No, I don't think so. If he had, you would expect bruises on both arms, not just her right arm.

The ICU nurse testified that Darlie became very agitated when the police photographed her wounds in the hospital. Why? Well, I think it's because she knew her arms had no bruises, and she'd already told a zillion people that she'd fought and struggled with a really big intruder.

She couldn't undo what she'd already stated to police, so she tried to make the evidence fit her story. Darlie tried her best, but she was really bad at it.

LOL, you brat, no booing here. I bow to your work on the bruises. Mary knows that I thought the bruises were mostly blood settling when I first saw them...

Nicola, if you read the trial transcripts and not the .org site, you'd know that Guzman testified as to the knife in his backyard and you'd know that the tool expert ruled that knife out as a murder weapon.

You'd also learn that Damon was stabbed, moved his position and was stabbed again and it's the second group of stabbings that starts the 9 minute timeline. Actually, the 911 call starts it.

If she was defending herself from a vicious attack that caused those bruises, why didn't the perp just punch in her straight in the mouth and knock her out and then kill her like he did those boys? How do you think she got those bruises? What was the weapon used? Why no broken bones?

She called the ambulance for herself in my opinion..she went a little too deep when she cut her own neck at the kitchen sink.
If she was defending herself from a vicious attack that caused those bruises, why didn't the perp just punch in her straight in the mouth and knock her out and then kill her like he did those boys? How do you think she got those bruises? What was the weapon used? Why no broken bones?

Exactly Cami - when I was flip-flopping back and forth this was one item that stuck in my head. IF someone came into her house and she awakens while "he" is standing right there at her, I do not believe she would be alive to tell us about it. I can't fathom the idea of getting up and chasing after a intruder. I would be scared chitless and paralyzed with fear, not being able to move nor scream. Maybe I am a chicken but the few ladies I have polled in regards to awaking with a stranger above them, answered the same as I. Does she really expect us to believe she is above the norm? I remember after my mother died that I felt horrible if I laughed or even tried to crack a smile. AND WE HAD A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP. Yet she wants us to believe she loved her babies. When I watched the silly string video the other day again, I noticed that Darren was noticeably sad. To me he showed signs of grief but she doesn't. Did anyone else notice the way she stayed focused on Darren when he was talking in the interview? IMHO - To me she was staring at him like she had just fallen in love with him for the 1st time. In all the other videos you don't see that kind of admiration. I think (once again IMO) that Darren had already confronted her on what she had done and he had forgiven her and they decided they would start a new life together AGAIN. I'm not as smart as all of you but I do feel like at the timing of that video, Darren knew what Darlie had done and they were in cover up mode. I don't think that Darren had anything to do with it. I think he got involved in the cover up much later than the night of the murders.

Darlie is 100% innocent. I have followed this case very closely from Day One. I believe Darin had something to do with it. After he admitted to speaking with people just THREE DAYS before the killings about hiring someone to burglarize the house for the insurance money, that sent up a huge red flag for me.
How is she 100% innocent in your mind, when she said that it was an intruder? Is she covering up for Darin in your view? If she is covering up for him. That wouldn't make her 100% innocent. That would mean she lied to the police, when she said it was an intruder.

And what motive would she have to lie about her husband trying to kill her & her children? :confused:

I've been doing some house cleaning and this thread has gotten so long I'm going to start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member