POLL: Verdict Watch in Jason Young Trial #2

What will be the jury's verdict in this trial?

• Not Guilty

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Guilty

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I refuse to predict since I still haven't recovered from the Pinellas 12 debacle

Votes: 13 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a poll asking me for my opinion of his guilt and to what degree, it would be GUILTY, FIRST DEGREE, with absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

However, because juries are such fickle beasts and common sense isn't so common, I didn't vote because I have no clue what a group of 12 people will do, I don't have a crystal ball, and I'm not a psychic.

I voted "guilty". I can not see a hung jury again. AND while there is no "physical evidence" that JY did it there is no "physical evidence" that ANYONE did it. I don't buy that a camera in his hotel got moved twice on the very night his wife was murdered. He didn't seek out the murderer of his pregnant wife and child he didn't hound police or the media, he refused to speak to police in order to help the investigation (thereby hindering it) and IMO = Guilt * he may have had a little help - we will never know
all moo

Did we ever hear what time they are going to start deliberating tomorrow?

Guilty. I may have to eat my words, but I think he will be found guilty.

I think he's guilty, but I predict the verdict will be Not Guilty.

The States closing was very good though. The defense closing was a whole lot of...WTF?? A mess.

Went back and looked at a similar poll for Brad Cooper (convicted)

BC is guilty and the State proved their case 40 40.40%
BC is guilty but the State did NOT prove their case 30 30.30%
BC is innocent 29 29.29%

I think he is guilty and that the jury will find him so.

I voted guilty. No idea what the jury will do with it, so it's really more of a vote for faith in a dozen human beings.

I was away & missed the entire trial so I can't even hazard a guess but I'm curious to see the results of this poll. I voted other.

--guilty.

--as he said in closing arguments, the prosecution has given them the puzzle pieces (of evidence).

--put together a face will emerge, it won't be a "complete" puzzle , but the face --will clearly be that of jason young.

--motive, means, opportunity.

In my heart I feel he is guilty.
I hope the jury sees the guilt.
But I also thought the jury would give ole casey the death penalty
boy was I wrong.........
I voted guilty....
but what 12 other people think is a guess

In my heart I feel he is guilty.
I hope the jury sees the guilt.
But I also thought the jury would give ole casey the death penalty
boy was I wrong.........
I voted guilty....
but what 12 other people think is a guess
It's like we're sharing a brain right now.
;)

Can't do it. Can't make a prediction. Added my own write-in. After my horribly wrong prediction in the Anthony case I will not predict a verdict. Instead I will sit here quietly, sip my tea, close my eyes and PRAY that the jury will send Jason to prison where he belongs. I hope Linda and Meredith will be able to find a small amount of peace...

Guilty-2nd degree! Compromise verdict due to a few fence sitters. For the record, I think he's guilty of 1st degree murder.

Guilty-2nd degree! Compromise verdict due to a few fence sitters. For the record, I think he's guilty of 1st degree murder.

--i wonder how many "choices" the jury will be given?

--in the kc case (hate to keep bringing THAT up) they had 13....all but the liar X4 apparently went right over their heads.

Voted guilty! And I mean guilty of first degree murder!!

Went back and looked at a similar poll for Brad Cooper (convicted)

BC is guilty and the State proved their case 40 40.40%
BC is guilty but the State did NOT prove their case 30 30.30%
BC is innocent 29 29.29%
How about the vote from the first JY trial. Kind of opposite results from BC. 90% of voters through a guilty verdict would be returned but the Jury was 8-4 NG.

Guilty or Not Guilty? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

JLY is GUILTY and will be found guilty 67 88.16%
JLY is GUILTY but will be found not guilty 5 6.58%
JLY is NOT GUILTY but will be found guilty 2 2.63%
JLY is NOT GUILTY and will be found not guilty 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. This poll is closed

Guilty of 1st Degree Murder with a moral certainty and beyond a reasonable doubt.

I did not watch the first trial, I did not read any discovery prior to the trial starting, I read the autopsy report about 1/2 way into the case, and then found a calender just yesterday that tied all the events of MM & JY in the month up to and following the murder. Having only heard the testimony of both sides in this trial, I have no bias on information that was presented at the last trial. Based on the evidence presented by both the PT and the DT at THIS trial, I can use my common sense and come to the rightful conclusion that Jason Lynn Young is guilty as charged. This is not an unsolved murder, this was planned. There was motive (about $4million of them), there was means (Jason was more than capable of overpowering his sleeping pregnant wife and beating her to death) and there was opportunity - when her dad canceled his plans to come into town this was Jason's window of opportunity. No one would be in that home for the timeframe needed for him to beat her to death. He used this close appointment at the hospital as both his opportunity & alibi. It was far away enough to establish an out of town alibi so he thought, yet it was close enough to drive back home to act on the opportunity to rid himself of the burden of a wife he had been fighting with for months that he was "done" with.

How about the vote from the first JY trial. Kind of opposite results from BC. 90% of voters through a guilty verdict would be returned but the Jury was 8-4 NG.

Guilty or Not Guilty? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

JLY is GUILTY and will be found guilty 67 88.16%
JLY is GUILTY but will be found not guilty 5 6.58%
JLY is NOT GUILTY but will be found guilty 2 2.63%
JLY is NOT GUILTY and will be found not guilty 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. This poll is closed

I was doing a little research this morning on the last trial (I didn't follow due to CA trial) and found it interesting that the jurors were actually 6 and 6 two hours before they hung at 8 and 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500