Poll: Who Do You Think Will Be The BEST Witness For The State???

Who Do You Think Will Be The State's Best Witness???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I believe the strongest witnesses against Casey will be:

-LE and the taped interviews
-the forensic evidence
-cell phone records (including text messages)
-location of Caylee's remains

but since they aren't listed in the poll, I'll vote for TL, since I don't believe he'll cave in on the witness stand and show any feeling (other than dislike) for the defendant.

While GA's initial interviews with LE are helpful to the state, I don't trust what he'll say on the witness stand without being reminded of his prior statements, including what he must have said to the GJ to help her get indicted. CA is a loose cannon also, imo, and I don't know how she'll help the state. Her mother, however, could be useful as long as she doesn't show any love toward the defendant. With AH, I think there could be background information that the defense might pick up (from their upcoming deposition) that might try to discredit her, or the fact that Casey stole money & she pressed charges so she wants to "get back at" Casey. I just don't trust LA at all and think he's as bad as the defendant herself, meaning he'll do anything to cover up for her. MOO

LE, Forensics, Cell/Computer data, etc., all go under evidence MOO. Because even though they may have LE and experts on the list - they are really only there to expound on the investigation/evidence. So as far as the best witness: I vote for GA.

In all of the interviews with LE I believe GA was the only one who was entirely forthcoming. After those interviews to the public he began touting the family line about pizza - but IIRC he even told LE in one of the interviews that CA asked him about the smell - something along the lines of it was the pizza right - and he says he told her yes, it was the pizza because she basically couldn't handle any other answer. I believe it was also in that same interview he tells them to please contact him first if it ends up that they believe Caylee is deceased because that info would kill his wife. He was also very emotional about having to testify at the GJ because he knew what he was going to say would help with having them hand down an indictment.

One thing I find very telling about GA is that during one of his LE interviews he goes on and on about how the new security company he is working with found and courted him because of his previous experience. He was very proud of that and seems very willing, accommodating and friendly to LE - almost like he is preening, for lack of a better word - he wants their approval, wants to be "one of the guys", wants to be acknowledged as a peer for his experience. He seems very proud of his previous LE background, says he was very good at it.

GA, regardless, or in spite of his "issues" with gambling, money, family dynamics, etc., is former LE. He won't cross the blue line in order to help his daughter. He may try to soften his testimony, but if prodded/shoved he will corroborate/confirm his previous testimony and possibly other evidence admitted at trial.:twocents:

I think the star witness is KC herself. Her words, actions and lack thereof should convict her imo.

ShirleyP is a fiesty lady, but she can only testify to certain things. I think most of what she knows of KC comes from CA.

TL doesn't really know much about KC's life other than what he saw at his apartment and at Fusion. He was basically clueless about KC and what she was truly all about imo.

GA can testify about a lot of things. He can testify that he did not do the damaging searches on the home computer (while it's proven CA was at work); he can testify about asking Caylee about Zanny and getting no response or recognition; he can testify about the fight between CA and KC on June 15h; he can testify about the gas can incident when KC didn't want him anywhere near the trunk of her car; and he can certainly testify about the smell in the car and how there is no way to mistake that smell. I think he will be pretty good witness.

I'm not even sure I would call CA as a witness, other than to get in her 911 call. Is she really even necessary to get that in?

I think the star witness is KC herself. Her words, actions and lack thereof should convict her imo.

ShirleyP is a fiesty lady, but she can only testify to certain things. I think most of what she knows of KC comes from CA.

TL doesn't really know much about KC's life other than what he saw at his apartment and at Fusion. He was basically clueless about KC and what she was truly all about imo.

GA can testify about a lot of things. He can testify that he did not do the damaging searches on the home computer (while it's proven CA was at work); he can testify about asking Caylee about Zanny and getting no response or recognition; he can testify about the fight between CA and KC on June 15h; he can testify about the gas can incident when KC didn't want him anywhere near the trunk of her car; and he can certainly testify about the smell in the car and how there is no way to mistake that smell. I think he will be pretty good witness.

I'm not even sure I would call CA as a witness, other than to get in her 911 call. Is she really even necessary to get that in?
I agree about what GA can testify to, but my only problem with him is trying to backpedal on his initial statements to LE, like he has in the media by changing the smell of decomp to rotten pizza. I just have a feeling the state will have to treat him as a hostile witness, so to speak, which would allow some leading questions to get information out of him. MOO

LE, Forensics, Cell/Computer data, etc., all go under evidence MOO. Because even though they may have LE and experts on the list - they are really only there to expound on the investigation/evidence. So as far as the best witness: I vote for GA.

In all of the interviews with LE I believe GA was the only one who was entirely forthcoming. After those interviews to the public he began touting the family line about pizza - but IIRC he even told LE in one of the interviews that CA asked him about the smell - something along the lines of it was the pizza right - and he says he told her yes, it was the pizza because she basically couldn't handle any other answer. I believe it was also in that same interview he tells them to please contact him first if it ends up that they believe Caylee is deceased because that info would kill his wife. He was also very emotional about having to testify at the GJ because he knew what he was going to say would help with having them hand down an indictment.

One thing I find very telling about GA is that during one of his LE interviews he goes on and on about how the new security company he is working with found and courted him because of his previous experience. He was very proud of that and seems very willing, accommodating and friendly to LE - almost like he is preening, for lack of a better word - he wants their approval, wants to be "one of the guys", wants to be acknowledged as a peer for his experience. He seems very proud of his previous LE background, says he was very good at it.

GA, regardless, or in spite of his "issues" with gambling, money, family dynamics, etc., is former LE. He won't cross the blue line in order to help his daughter. He may try to soften his testimony, but if prodded/shoved he will corroborate/confirm his previous testimony and possibly other evidence admitted at trial.:twocents:

I once thought GA would make the best witness. I no longer believe he will. Despite his ramblings and buddy-to-buddy demeanor with LE, he's proven over and over again that he is sticking with the family. He ran right back across that blue line and he's staying on the wrong side (KC's). He's spouting the family's convoluted story and he's sticking to it. He's still asking people to write to Casey! If the SA asks him too many questions or pushes him too far, he'll win sympathy with the jury. Not to be cruel or insensitive and JMHO, but his suicide attempt just may give him a sort of partial immunity when it comes to answering questions. I think he knows that.

I'm leaning toward CA as the best witness. She will be forced to answer questions put to her by the SA. It will be difficult to try to get a straight answer from her but I don't think she'll win any sympathy from the jury. She certainly can and probably will lie and we know she's comfortable doing so. The problem is, she's already said a lot in interviews and testimony. There will be many, many contradictions which will counter anything and everything positive she may have to say about her daughter, the murderer. I believe her contradictions alone will be of little to no value to the defense which will make her invaluable to the State. Could just be wishful thinking on my part and, as always JMHO, but I hope I'm right!

All that said, I think I'm gonna cast my vote now LOL

Have not read, or voted, but best witness will be Casey. She did herself in. The next best is Caylee. IMHO.

I once thought GA would make the best witness. I no longer believe he will. Despite his ramblings and buddy-to-buddy demeanor with LE, he's proven over and over again that he is sticking with the family. He ran right back across that blue line and he's staying on the wrong side (KC's). He's spouting the family's convoluted story and he's sticking to it. He's still asking people to write to Casey! If the SA asks him too many questions or pushes him too far, he'll win sympathy with the jury. Not to be cruel or insensitive and JMHO, but his suicide attempt just may give him a sort of partial immunity when it comes to answering questions. I think he knows that.

Out of the A family - GA is one most likely to gain the jury's sympathy, regardless of his attempted suicide, which is where we disagree, I don't believe it will give him any type of immunity whatsoever. Then again, I don't believe the SA will need to treat him as a hostile witness. I think that while GA has been towing the line publicly, with LE it's a slightly different story, or at least I'd like to believe that. I do question that at times though because of different things, like taking KC's car home in spite of the smell, CA cleaning the car, washing the clothes, giving the different hairbrush, etc., etc., etc., I guess I just hope he will do the right thing, because out of all of them, IMHO, he's the one most likely to do so.

As for urging people to write Casey, well, she's still his daughter and he still loves her, regardless of what she's done or how the public perceives her.

I do agree that CA would be a good witness, if they could get her to tell the unabashed truth. Unfortunately, I think she will be hostile and less than forthcoming. She's had too much time to talk herself into believing her version of the truth.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19115776/detail.html

'Casey's a good lady. She's a good mother. She's a good woman," George Anthony said. "I really think what she's going through right now is unfair. She's been tried. I wouldn't want to be tried that way."

George Anthony praised his daughter's legal team, and said he knows how difficult the next few months and the trial will be for his daughter.

"She's got a tough road ahead of her, but I really think the defense team she has, Jose and the people with him, I think they're doing a good job," George Anthony said.'

Doesn't sound as if GA is going to be the best witness for the state.

I voted for George, among the selections. But I really think that Casey will be the best witness. Even if she doesn't testify, the jurors will hear plenty from her. And it will be damning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back