• Yes - someone will have a moment of conscience and confess all they know

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • No - 'the rice is cooked' and our grandchildren will be discussing the case

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • No because it's hard formally to pin a crime on a dead person

Votes: 20 24.1%

• Total voters
(snipped & bbm)
As a kid, and well into my adulthood I was obsessed with the JFK assasination. I read virtually every book written and was ridiculously informed about each and every conspiracy theory. I was certain, along with most Americans, that it was definitely a conspiracy, just wasn''t sure who.
Finally, I had to face what I believe to be the reality that there was, in fact, no conspiracy. One crazy guy with a $10.00 mail order rifle changed the course of history. IMO.
You probably think that, chlban, because you stopped looking into it before the new information came out about the Russian mafia working with the inhabitants from the planet Nibiru to try and stop the U.S. space program, because none of them wanted JFK to complete the moon landing and then be able to go on to Nibiru. :giggle:

I still believe this will be solved. I think that as time goes on there will be better testing and the evidence will be reexamined and we will have more answers.
I believe we need new eyes in the case. Not the same old ones with the same old opinions.
The BPD calls the shots. They could request FBI involvement...

You're right, Scarlett. This case could be solved, but some days I feel more positive than others. Hope floats.

I still believe this will be solved. I think that as time goes on there will be better testing and the evidence will be reexamined and we will have more answers.
I believe we need new eyes in the case. Not the same old ones with the same old opinions.

There were new eyes on the case. Still wasn't good enough apparently because he didn't agree with the intruder theory.

There were new eyes on the case. Still wasn't good enough apparently because he didn't agree with the intruder theory.

Yes, but to hear some tell it, he had an agenda...Yeah, whatever.

Kolar shows Lacy for what she is. And I would get banned forever if I said what I think she is.

JMO

They need knew eyes that have nothing to do with the BPD or the BDA. They need the outsiders. The FBI. They need someone who does not have anything invested in this case.

They need knew eyes that have nothing to do with the BPD or the BDA. They need the outsiders. The FBI. They need someone who does not have anything invested in this case.

So you are admitting that the BDA might have done something wrong in this case or I am just misunderstanding you?

Oh, and the FBI has been involved in this case since the beginning. They said that it was the parents. That is sourced in those books you don't consider valid sources.

JMO

So you are admitting that the BDA might have done something wrong in this case or I am just misunderstanding you?

Oh, and the FBI has been involved in this case since the beginning. They said that it was the parents. That is sourced in those books you don't consider valid sources.

JMO

FBI should be involved now. They should ask them to come in and give it a fresh look...

I think that everyone involved now, The current DA and and BPD are an issue.

The current DA?

What about the DA that locked the GJ indictments away in a safe and LIED about them?

FBI should be involved now. They should ask them to come in and give it a fresh look...

I think that everyone involved now, The current DA and and BPD are an issue.

Exactly what issue do you have with Stan Garnett? Is it that he isn't a Ramsey apologist like the previous two DAs? Do you have any idea how many cases have been taken to trial since he took office?

The FBI has never left the case, IMO.

JMO

The current DA?

What about the DA that locked the GJ indictments away in a safe and LIED about them?

Yeah, he was so much better than the current DA...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::facepalm:

JMO

Can't go back. We can only go from here. We have to deal with current issues to find the truth.

Can't go back. We can only go from here. We have to deal with current issues to find the truth.

You can't find the truth unless you deal with the past issues. That's a fact Jack.

JMO

You can't find the truth unless you deal with the past issues. That's a fact Jack.

JMO

I disagree. We have all the evidence including DNA that does not point to the R's. You can go back using a time line and the evidence but you don't need any of those old theories to work the problem.

This case could be solved. May have been solved had the BPD not made so many mistakes from the get go.

I keep hoping a good cold case squad will pick it up.

Pretty sure a second GJ would find the same things the original one did. What then?

Pretty sure a second GJ would find the same things the original one did. What then?

Doubt it. They did not have the DNA That points to other people and not the Ramseys. That is a big thing to over come.

Well, since I've listened to and read the interviews with DNA experts and reviewed the extensive research that has been linked here countless times regarding the DNA, I disagree.

Since the DNA does not point to any of the R's. I doubt they would ever get an indictment.
And you bring up a good point. If the case is so good and sure against the R's and the New DA has more info why not bring a grand jury now? I think it is because he knows it is over. That DNA shows someone else was there, or at the very least casts doubt that it was a R involved.

You have to wonder if there is such a clear case, why hasn't the new DA brought charges??

As far as the FBI is concerned, I was under the impression that the FBI agents who were at the R home early that morning before her body was found and while it was still considered to be a kidnapping. They were members of the FBU CASKU team (Child Abduction & Serial Killer Unit). They looked around, observed the parents, and told police "You're going to be finding her body". They suspected family involvement right away. They'd seen it all before. They are trained to observe behavior of the missing child's family and people with access to the child.
Wasn't it Eller who was upset that the FBI had been called, thinking it made the police seem "incompetent"? (right). He sent them away, I believe. Later, when it turned out the FBI were right, and her body was "found" by a parent in the home, it was no longer a kidnapping, but a murder, and the FBI would have no longer worked on the case anyway, as jurisdiction was then under the local police department's homicide division.
Correct me if I am wrong here. This is way I recall it.
I see no reason for the FBI to take a second look. They called it right the first time. The crime has in effect, been solved anyway, though still unprosecutable.

let us not forget that in addition to concluding that "you're going to find her body" the FBI advised BPD to "look to the parents"

this is who was murdered:

Lawrence Schiller's Perfect Murder, Perfect Town/kindle location 90
"Do roses know their thorns can hurt?" JonBenet asked me that one morning. I was the landscaper at the Ramseys' home during the last two years of her life, and it was the kind of question I'd learned to expect from her.

I remember how intelligent JonBenet was. That's why I never talked to her as if she were just a little kid. I spoke to her pretty much as I would to an adult, the way I'm talking to you now. We would discuss evolution, the natural mutations that occur in plants, animals, even people.

So when she asked me about thorns, I told her, "They're a rose's shield. They allow roses to survive. They keep away animals who might eat them."

She would follow me all over the yard, finding something to do wherever I was working. I was happy to talk with her, and would answer her questions about anything and everything. All the topics you'd call natural science seemed to interest her.

"What is a year?"

"That's the length of time it takes for the earth to make one trip around the sun."

"So I've been around the sun five times?"

"Right. And you've almost finished your sixth trip."

I added that I'd completed the journey twenty-seven times. That stopped her. So many trips, she exclaimed. Then she became lost in thought.

That same week in September, the needles were falling off the pine trees and the sap had started to drip. "Why does a tree do that?" she asked. I wasn't certain I knew exactly, but I tried to explain - scientifically. "The sun helps pull the sap up from the trunk to the leaves." Then I compared the sap to human blood, said the sap carries nourishment to the whole tree. Anyone could see she was excited to learn about these things.

[snip]

- Brian Scott

I disagree. We have all the evidence including DNA that does not point to the R's. You can go back using a time line and the evidence but you don't need any of those old theories to work the problem.

This case could be solved. May have been solved had the BPD not made so many mistakes from the get go.

I keep hoping a good cold case squad will pick it up.

Just a little tidbit of info, Boulder County has one of the best cold case squads in Colorado now. Boulder County now has a DA who is not afraid of filing charges against people. The Susannah Chase case was solved by the Boulder County Cold Case Squad. Three other cases have been solved or trials are pending for murderers in Boulder County. Cases Lacy and Hunter did NOT bring charges on when there was evidence (The exception was the Chase murder).

I can pretty much guarantee you if Garnett would have been the DA in Boulder County in 1996, this mess would have been over. John and Patsy wouldn't have been able to lie and throw everyone and their goldfish under the bus, because they would have been sitting in jail. Sitting in jail, facing at the very least child abuse resulting in murder charges.

JMO, as a former member of Boulder County, Colorado.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back