Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates His First Public Mass in the United States

Did anyone watch the Pope at Ground Zero? Very simple,but very emotional.

I missed it! I wish I would have seen it, but they will probably rerun it anyway. Care to give me details?

I can't wait for today's mass at Yankee Stadium. What an inspiration the Pope is to all of us!! :blowkiss:

(Proud Christian/Catholic here! -- I like to refer to myself as BOTH!)

The above is ONLY my opinion and I am entitled to IT!

I missed it! I wish I would have seen it, but they will probably rerun it anyway. Care to give me details?

I can't wait for today's mass at Yankee Stadium. What an inspiration the Pope is to all of us!! :blowkiss:

If you're Catholic, you ARE Christian, they aren't mutually exclusive, lol.

Yes, I did see it. FoxNews has had excellent coverage of the Pope during his visit. Very simple ceremony, but very moving. Wonderful. I hope it brings peace to relatives and friends of those who died.

For those interested, Fox News has the Mass on live now. The Pope has just entered to begin.

Hey, I'm an Episcopalian but I do understand the pomp and ceremony. Very few differences in the service.

Fox says they will play it with no interruption and no comments during the service.

The funny thing is,I was raised Catholic,but haven't practiced since I was 18 years old,but for some reason,I am moved by this visit. I think because with the world the way it is,we need spirituality in our lives,whatever religion that might be. Its so nice to have a leader speak of hope and peace for a change. I love the fact that so many young people are responding to the Pope. They are our future and I'm happy to see they are grasping the spiritual side of life.
As for the ceremony at gound zero. It was simply a prayer,a candle lit and the Pope meeting with victims. I think if I had lost someone there and I knew they had not had a proper buriel,to have him basically,conduct a service,would help me put some closure on it. I can only imagine how moved they must have been.
I think that Fox is showing everything is fantastic. It is an important and much needed event ,IMO.

The funny thing is,I was raised Catholic,but haven't practiced since I was 18 years old,but for some reason,I am moved by this visit. I think because with the world the way it is,we need spirituality in our lives,whatever religion that might be. Its so nice to have a leader speak of hope and peace for a change. I love the fact that so many young people are responding to the Pope. They are our future and I'm happy to see they are grasping the spiritual side of life.
As for the ceremony at gound zero. It was simply a prayer,a candle lit and the Pope meeting with victims. I think if I had lost someone there and I knew they had not had a proper buriel,to have him basically,conduct a service,would help me put some closure on it. I can only imagine how moved they must have been.
I think that Fox is showing everything is fantastic. It is an important and much needed event ,IMO.

Hockeymom, it would be wonderful if his visit moved you to come back to the Church. God bless you. :blowkiss:

Yes I did and I'm watching the Mass at Yankee Stadium right now. How truly beautiful his visit to Ground Zero was and hopefully gave much peace and blessing to the survivors who met him. :)

It makes me want to find my way back to the church.

So very true. I'm Episcopalian, but went to a Catholic HS. I have really enjoyed watching the Pope this week - from his arrival (and as someone else mentioned, the impromptu Happy Birthday, how neat was that?!) to today's Ground Zero. It was so simple, but I teared up...just empathizing with how much that must have meant to the survivors and family members. Can you imagine? I was overwhelmed with emotion just watching it.

I also was so pleased to hear he met with the victims of the abuse. To me, he has been a bright and loving light and voice to so many this week, speaking of hope, forgiveness and love. Personally, it made me proud to be a Christian.

It makes me want to find my way back to the church.

I did so 3 years ago....just try going to Mass...if it feels right, as DK said, go to confession and you will automatically be back in the Church. God bless!! :blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back