Possible Remains of Caylee Found #5 ALL ***DAILY***Updates and Discuss here

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kc is in jail and the body is id as Caylee shouldn't the remians go to the father when released? and not the grandparents? I would think if a child has died and one parent is in jail the other parent should get the remains. Any legal people know what happens in this type of situation? Maybe LE is waiting on dna results to tell who the father is to reease remains?

If Kc is in jail and the body is id as Caylee shouldn't the remians go to the father when released? and not the grandparents? I would think if a child has died and one parent is in jail the other parent should get the remains. Any legal people know what happens in this type of situation? Maybe LE is waiting on dna results to tell who the father is to reease remains?

Would be nice to know the father, but since there is no father on the BC and nobody has come forward (that we know of) I assume KC's family would be next of kin.

casey is still her next of kin. She will remain legal next of kin until she has been convicted or until her parental rights are severed by other means. casey would have to be told if an ID is officially made. Whether she goes public or not is another story, but I am sure that she would inform the dream team and they would go public. LE cannot just delay the ID, if they do, huge points for the defense. That is a whole huge legal can of worms. I don't see them doing it.

I imagine every hour they delay hurts the family. Not only immediate family but also extended. Also including others who have missing children in Florida.
Better to be completely thorough so that no mistakes are made.

ETA: WELCOME!!

I recall during one of KC & LA's jail house visits, he discussed "power of attorney" that GA & CA had for KC...could this play into who might be able to eventually receive the remains for burial?

Another thought...I read today on Americas Most Wanted site about the case of Adam Walsh and his remains are still at the ME office.

Is there a possibility that this could also happen IF or until they can determine who (KC...duh!) killed Caylee?

Sheriff Beary said it would take a couple of weeks when they made the find. It is true that you can process DNA that quickly, but the labs are all backlogged. If you don't have high priority status it can take months to get DNA back. 1-2 weeks is a rush handling.

In this case there is no father with legal parental rights. He would have had to pursue those on his own if 1)He suspected he was going to be a father and 2)Casey never filed for child support to legally establish paternity.

With unmarried fathers, unless they file- they have no rights. Some states have putative fathers registeries to protect unmarried fathers rights during pregnancy, but it is a little known thing.

I imagine the LE and SA need a break to prepare their case and get ready for the media blitz and court motions that will be filed by JB and his motley crew.

Both kc and family have been told that this is Caylee. It just isn't official yet because SA wants some time to go over their evidence and put it together prior to the stampede.

A normal DNA ID takes 1-2 weeks. If they rushed it as they claim, the ID has already been made. Goodness, dental ID can be done in a day with solely pictures of the child and no previous dental records.

Is it possible they are waiting to officially ID Caylee because none of the evidence directly links to KC or the Anthony home? Is it possible that what they have exonerates KC or creates some reasonable doubt? For example a sheet/tape/bag that doesn't match any in the Anthony home?

Why is it taking so long? If they could rule Caylee out we would have heard of it right away.

Me too. This doesn't seem like the "rush" they were pushing. Maybe they are waiting to clear the crime scene before announcing the results because they know once they are announced Baez and his team will be all over them like flies on you know what- demanding immediate access.

If they rush, defense will say they're sloppy..creates reasonable doubt.

If they take their time, defense will question if they really have a link...which will be resolved WHEN they DO release the findings.

Personally...feel they are waiting for "big Bang Theory"....announce ID, eveidence, doc dump with missing statements, arrest accompliace, name suspect in Blanchard park (if applicable)

They are gonna throw so much at the defense at 1 time, they'll overwhelm them...

Meanwhile, the defense will be fighting all these evidence released, while trying to examine crime scene....it plays into SAO hand....they'll be making mistakes playing catch-up.

The only person that will announce who those remains belong to is the ME and Dr.G has already stated that she will not announce this to LE until the full DNA profile is back in her office, so it is not LE that is not announcing this they must wait for the ME before anyone can be told for sure.

A normal DNA ID takes 1-2 weeks. If they rushed it as they claim, the ID has already been made. Goodness, dental ID can be done in a day with solely pictures of the child and no previous dental records.

Is it possible they are waiting to officially ID Caylee because none of the evidence directly links to KC or the Anthony home? Is it possible that what they have exonerates KC or creates some reasonable doubt? For example a sheet/tape/bag that doesn't match any in the Anthony home?

Why is it taking so long? If they could rule Caylee out we would have heard of it right away.

Well - imagine the perp sitting in jail, knowing LE had found the right body. The longer they sit waiting for the official notification, the more inclined they are to crack under the pressure. Not likely with this particular perp, but surely worth a try? They might at least get the offer of a deal.

I recall during one of KC & LA's jail house visits, he discussed "power of attorney" that GA & CA had for KC...could this play into who might be able to eventually receive the remains for burial?

Another thought...I read today on Americas Most Wanted site about the case of Adam Walsh and his remains are still at the ME office.

Is there a possibility that this could also happen IF or until they can determine who (KC...duh!) killed Caylee?

The only thing that was ever found with AW was his head (how horrible). The body was never found. Still, I can't believe they haven't released what was found to the Walsh family long ago. So sad.

They just finally closed the Adam Walsh case yesterday...The reason they did not release the remains earlier is they were still evidence in an active investigation..Now that it is closed they will receive them.

There's nothing nefarious going on here. There is something in the law called chain-of-custody on this evidence that will trace minute by minute where it was and what was being done to it--it will all be timed stamped. If they sat on it then they would be cross-examined on that and it wouldn't look good at trial. Either they have the ID on the tooth and are awaiting confirming results from whatever else was sent or they are being extremly methodical so as not to give the Dream Team a chance to attack their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels