Possible victims : New York

Blink, costume parties are very popular in some places. Sometimes they call them "fancy dress" parties. Even here way in West Texas they have costume parties ALOT and our theater is always renting out costumes, year 'round. Yet Halloween is not celebrated hardly at all here. It just depends on your locale. BTW these parties are the rage on Australian campuses too.

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Josh Szostak's family has confirmed to Capital News 9 that a second autopsy reveals that Szostak drowned.
The findings of the second examination are consistent with the initial State Police autopsy out of Greene County.

Snip~

In this instance, there were no evidences of injury or struggle that we confirmed with the second autopsy. The investigation as to whether he fell in accidentally because he had been drinking or whether he was pushed in or thrown in by others, really is a police investigation matter. The autopsy findings would be the same in either case."

http://capitalnews9.com/content/hea...logist-discusses-szostak-autopsy/Default.aspx

This article was on our news last night.

New Clues Emerge In Case Of Missing Plattsburgh State Student

ALBANY, N.Y. -- The father of former Plattsburgh State University student Joshua Szostak noticed a shocking image spray-painted on a tree near the Hudson River Wednesday, where he was last seen alive.

16092368_240X180.jpg

http://www.wptz.com/news/16090285/detail.html

Not farfetched at all. I wondered the same thing myself

Hi Hockeymom - I live in Charlton, not too far from you in Clifton Park.

I am tempted to take a ride down to Scotia & see if there is anything odd by the river.

ETA - What struck me was the physical resemblence between Craig & Josh

I am tempted to take a ride down to Scotia & see if there is anything odd by the river.

Hi,used to go to the Charlton Tavern quite a bit.
I know what you mean about wanting to poke around. I feel like I want to drive down to the Port of Albany,but would be afraid even in the day time!
Yes,the resemblence is striking. I think some of the other victims as well.

These two I found thanks to a post by Blink34.

Albert Campbell
last seen at a restaurant Oct 2005
Body Found Raquette River (not sure of the date)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30529&highlight=Adam+Falcon
Adam Falcon
last seen November 2004 at an Inn (pub?)
Body found Grasse River 18 November 2004
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16214&highlight=Adam+Falcon
Dearest Aussie_mum,:blowkiss:
I read the thread about Adam Falcon that the poster fourboys posted on Nov 2005 in the located forum.
I cannot see his death being deamed an accident. His BAC was 0.21 at the time of his autopsy. Adam was last seen at around 1:30am on saturday November 13th, 2004. Adam was found in the Grasse River on November 18th, 2004.
A man here from Vermont, Thomas J. Grega was arrested on December 9th, 2004 for Unlawfully Dealing with a child 1st degree. (class A misdemeanor) This was in connection with Adam's death. Grega was a student at St. Lawrence U. Others were charged with serving alchohol to Adam.
The family filed a lawsuit.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Dearest Aussie_mum,:blowkiss:
I cannot see his death being deamed an accident. His BAC was 0.21 at the time of his autopsy. Adam was last seen at around 1:30am on saturday November 13th, 2004. Adam was found in the Grasse River on November 18th, 2004.
A man here from Vermont, Thomas J. Grega was arrested on December 9th, 2004 for Unlawfully Dealing with a child 1st degree. (class A misdemeanor) This was in connection with Adam's death. Grega was a student at St. Lawrence U. Others were charged with serving alchohol to Adam.
The family filed a lawsuit.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Shadows- how was it connected- was he bartending at the Inn?

Hi,used to go to the Charlton Tavern quite a bit.
I know what you mean about wanting to poke around. I feel like I want to drive down to the Port of Albany,but would be afraid even in the day time!

Hello Hockeymom; first time I been here since Porco case. Hope you've been well. I didn't think I'd ever find a case as creepy as the Porco case, but these drownings are equally as creepy(well; almost as creepy--Porco case was the worst). I'm not sure if the Szostak case relates to the other drowning cases nationwide, but it might. If it does relate, it has a unique clue that the others didn't have; as a stolen vehicle was found near where Josh's cell phone was found. All the other cases had just a misplaced or lost possesion like a cell phone or keys; but the Szostak case adds a stolen vehicle to the mystery. The NYC detectives; who say they linked 40 cases together; are very interested in the Szostak case; and they're making plans to come to Albany to visit with the father of Josh Szostak this coming week. Also; I believe; they might talk with WGY radio host, Al Roney(on the 81 am dial during the week). He's been covering the story everyday for the past week and he's got a great web page up and running with a lot of excellent links to the Szostak case; including some interviews with Bill Szostak(Josh's father) and Dr. Michael Baden(the pathologist). His podcast page has both live interviews and it's interesting to note that Baden does not say it was an "accidental drowning", but instead says a "drowning", which leaves open the possibility of foul play. Bill Szostak is sure that foul play is involved, but for now he's not sure if his sons case relates to any others; or if it's an isolated murder case. Here's Al Roney's web page. I hope the link works:

http://www.wgy.com/pages/onair/onair_roney.html

Sheer Luck,
I haven't been grabbed by much since the Porco case myself,but probably due the local connection,I'm all over this. I have been following all along with Al Roney. I have lots of questions I would love to ask the Dad. I'm not totally sure this is connected to all the other cases,but I'm positive there was foul play. Just knowing the area and the amount of distance that Josh would have had to walk,doesn't add up for me.

Hi-first time poster here- so if any breach of board etiquette, feel free to let me know! Anyways, I read the above post, and finally realized why the Scotia thing was bothersome-less than 1 month ago, a Scotia man called Herkimer County Comm College to make an "unspecified threat" against Utica College. Whole thing was kinda bizarre, but worrisome,nonetheless.

http://www.uticaod.com/news/x170771617

Sheer Luck,
I haven't been grabbed by much since the Porco case myself,but probably due the local connection,I'm all over this. I have been following all along with Al Roney. I have lots of questions I would love to ask the Dad. I'm not totally sure this is connected to all the other cases,but I'm positive there was foul play. Just knowing the area and the amount of distance that Josh would have had to walk,doesn't add up for me.

Hey Hockeymom; I agree with you. Its too coincidental that a stolen car is found right near Josh's cell phone; so its got to be foul play because Josh's DNA wasn't found anywhere on the stolen car. I thought they'd open it up as a murder case; when the only DNA found was employees of the SUV. If the detectives determine this case is connected to the others; then the stolen car would be a new wrinkle from the other cases; and might be some sort of added clue. At this point; the killer or killers are taunting the cops and laughing at the cops; so hopefully they get overconfident and slip up. The actual murder looks very obvious: I think the killer is someone who has a cool looking demeanor; at least cool in the eyes of a young male; and that he offers young drunk men rides home; gives them a beer with GHB and then drowns them when they pass out. It could be an attractive women, but usually men do this sort of thing. Whats unusual is that this does not appear to be a sex crime and most cult crimes have trauma; so this is different(I have an idea that so far is connecting, but it's pretty far fetched). Hopefully there's a pattern to these locations and the detectives figure it out and they catch the killers in the act. I think the detectives are close, but might be missing the final clues

Sheer Luck,

Hey Hockeymom; I'm sure I have these drownings figured out and the Szostak case is connected; unless the stolen SUV next to his cell phone was a pure coincidence. I know the group who's doing these killings and their motive but I don't have the resources or time to learn the exact people. I e-mailed the detectives and asked if I can post my ideas here and I'm waiting to hear back.

Father Of Former PSU Student Wants FBI Investigation

Father Believes Foul Play Led To Son's Death

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Bill Szostak holds on tightly to every memory of his son Josh, the 21-year-old Plattsburgh State Student found drowned in the Hudson Fiver late last month.

Albany police closed the case a day after his body was found.

They said the drowning was accidental and there was no evidence of foul play.

But Szostak's father believes something did happen to his son the December night he vanished.

He said there are too many circumstances that just don't add up.

http://www.wptz.com/news/16219792/detail.html

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8302574

"man charged with killing 15 year old"
"police won't say if the body was recovered"

Wow! Thanks ohwell.

Just shows they really do work on 'cold cases!'

This is great news that they most likely solved this case after all these years.

fran

PS.......My condolences to the family over their loss. At least they now know, or at least part of what happened to their son. May he RIP.........fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back