Possibly breaking news.......... not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks you are so good. I was trying to find some articles. Here's a tidbit from this article, you are the best Capri.

Deputies Acive In Woods South Of Palatka

Residents Speculate Second Night Connected To Search For Haleigh Cummings

POSTED: Friday, September 18, 2009
UPDATED: 10:25 pm EDT September 18, 2009

PALATKA, Fla. -- A second night of police activity in Putnam County has more people speculating about a development in the search for 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings, but authorities have told Channel 4 there is nothing newsworthy going on.
Many people called and e-mailed Channel 4's newsroom Friday night about the search of a pond on Stokes Landing Road, off U.S. Highway 19 south of Palatka. Channel 4's Jennifer Bauer confirms that law enforcement has blocked roads leading to the pond.
Bauer was told by a man who rents pumps that the sheriff's office is using two of his pumps at the scene.
20933088_144X180.jpg
Putnam County Sheriff's Office booking photo of Hank Croslin Jr.​

The activity comes 24 hours after police questioned Hank Croslin Jr., the brother of Haleigh's stepmother and the last person to see Haleigh. Croslin was arrested earlier this week on a charge of grand theft of a firearm -- a charge totally unrelated to the Haleigh Cumming case.
Sheriff's officials said Croslin's wife, Lindsey, and two others were to come in on Friday for questioning.

Earlier Friday, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office issued a statement to dispel rumors circulating that they were searching for or had found Haleigh.

Deputies Acive In Woods South Of Palatka
Residents Speculate Second Night Connected To Search For Haleigh Cummings

UPDATED: 10:25 pm EDT September 18, 2009
PALATKA, Fla. -- A second night of police activity in Putnam County has more people speculating about a development in the search for 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings, but authorities have told Channel 4 there is nothing newsworthy going on.

Channel 4 will remain in Putnam County while this activity continues. Expect more coverage Saturday on the local station. http://www.news4jax.com/news/20987727/detail.html

cajun how long will you be on and keep the scanner going? To me, if cops are out there searching for Haleigh, why now? Why right after Tommy's arrest and talking with Linday?

I am good to go for 4 hours or so.

Could Tommy have confessed or one of the people they talked too in the last 2 days said something??

LOL, if this rumor were true Haleigh's grandma Marie wouldn't be posting otherwise :)

I don't know TG. They might not have told the family up there yet till they are sure. I pray it's not true myself. I am sick at my stomach right now.

I am good to go for 4 hours or so.

Could Tommy have confessed or one of the people they talked too in the last 2 days said something??

I'm thinking so. We'll have to wait to see. Scroll up and read my post #12. Would appreciate any posts concerning any activity on the scanner that might be of interest if you are able.

If I hear anything pertinent I will post it for sure.

Part of this may be true, e.g., the searching & diving in the dark. We will have to wait and see.

You don't dive in the dark, especially if it's for a training exercise. Safety to your team is first and foremost. Something is definately up.

I don't know TG. They might not have told the family up there yet till they are sure. I pray it's not true myself. I am sick at my stomach right now.
Don't know cajun, but Marie did post "confirmed by PCSO Det. that this is just rumors nothing has been found"

Time will tell!

Yea, time will tell. The local rumor mill is going wild on twitter and such. Wish we could post them

It was Crystal who posted it on twitter. Many people who know her confirm this is the actual bio mom. She posted of a finding.

What other case did we once hear the words "training exercise" and it turned out to be something else entirely? I can't remember right now...but didn't this happen before? :waitasec:

Yea, time will tell. The local rumor mill is going wild on twitter and such. Wish we could post them

Sometimes, not saying this time, a mass of rumor becomes pertinent for other reasons unforeseen in the beginning. Sooooo, it's worth keeping a real time eye on for sure.

I can see LE not alerting/alarming the family as to not get their hopes up til they have something concrete. I also can see LE deny deny deny as to keep the media away while they investigate.

Does anyone remember the case with the young pregnant mother of the 2 year old little boy that was murdered by the cop boyfriend that wrapped her in the rug? We followed that case in real time, rumor had it LE was out on an actual search, no reports but one news agency was on it with the helicopter and we knew about it, discussed it as it unfolded? We were all glued to our screens and keyboards. That was interesting to be a part of as it went down with our great sleuthers here. :dance:

It was Crystal who posted it on twitter. Many people who know her confirm this is the actual bio mom. She posting of a finding.

I thought she got custody/visitation this evening with Jr. for her weekend? hmmmmm Am I understand you correctly, she's twittering that there's a finding? Sorry if I'm way off base, dont' mean to be. Thanks for your posts and keeping up and letting us know as you find out. :innocent:

I'm taking it we can't post twitter links here? I would like to see the actual messages, but I don't know what can and can't be posted.

Yes, SS, it happened in the Caylee case when they were searching the resovoir in back of the family home.

You don't dive in the dark, especially if it's for a training exercise. Safety to your team is first and foremost. Something is definately up.

Not saying one way or the other, but blackwater training requires blackwater.

interesting concept ;)

SATSUMA, FL -- Lots of activity in Putnam County has led to dozens of calls into First Coast News, claiming the body of Haleigh Cummings has been found.
Officials tell First Coast News they are dredging a pond in Palatka, but will not confirm if it is related to a search for Haleigh.
First Coast News' Jessica Clark spoke with Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, who said he has not been contacted by anyone in regards to Haleigh being found. However, he did say he doesn't expect to be the first notified.
He said Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, has contacted him about this.
Marie Griffis, Haleigh's grandmother, also told First Coast News she has not been contacted by the sheriff's office and is unaware of any findings.
A viewer called First Coast News about around 8:30 p.m. and said customers at an auction house off Highway 17 have said family members told them Haleigh's body has been found.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=145240&catid=3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member