Post Legal Questions Here

If I remember correctly, this grand jury began their task the week after or two weeks after Stacy disappeared. I agree that it would be difficult to bring in new jurors at this juncture as there's been so many witnesses that have already testified. It would be difficult to bring new grand jurors up to speed.

I wonder if the grand jury includes alternates, who have been there and listened to all the witness testimony, and who could be seated as a grand juror if someone on the grand jury can't continue for another four months. In the time since this grand jury began meeting, it's very possible for a juror to become ill or for some reason is unable to attend a session or two of the proceedings, so there must be something in place to cover this possibility.

There are no alternate jurors. The Illinois version of a Grand Jury is only composed of sixteen citizens instead of twenty-three citizens. All of the jurors do not need to be present to obtain an indictment. The presence of but 12 jurors would be sufficient to conduct business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back