Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

http://www.wftv.com/video/28538848/index.html

Right at 2:07 it was stated that the Florida Bar is investigating whether Jose Baez intentionally ignored court orders about defense experts. The Florida Bar said they read about the alleged infractions in the media.

And about Cheney Mason flipping the bird at the party. Another lawyer made this complaint.

Unfortunately, these investigations will probably come to nothing. The Bar is a self-regulating body and they rarely criticize their own. My experience, anyway.

Just a CM FYI: When I was watching WFTV at noon today I saw that ole Cheney has moved on to his next case - defending an alleged child rapist.

The accused wanted to get rid of his tracking monitor to visit his rental properties (I remember them saying one was in Alaska) and see his doctor (I think they said Kentucky) :sick:

In the news report ole Cheney spouted off to the reporter following him "I'll get him off, just like I did Casey Anthony". :loser:

(I've been trying to find a video, but it's not on the wftv site.)

WINDERMERE --
Scott Bush, accused of sexually abusing two young girls, will not be allowed to travel, and will continue wearing a GPS ankle monitor.

A judge Wednesday morning ruled Bush is not allowed to leave the state of Florida, and must continue wearing his GPS monitor.

The defense had argued that Bush had to check rental properties across the country for financial reasons, and that the tracking device was a nuisance.

But the state said Bush has enough money to pay someone to look after properties.

Prosecutors also asked if the GPS monitor wasn't comfortable, would jail be better?

The accusations against Bush first came to light in January, when prosecutors said they found evidence that former Windermere police Chief Daniel Saylor tried to shut down the investigation into Bush, because he was his friend.

Saylor was then fired and charged with several felonies.

As for Bush, he has maintained he is not guilty. He was released on bond in April, and is expected to go on trial in September.

List of charges Cheney will be defending here:

http://www.baynews9.com/static/articles/images/documents/scott-bush-documents-0413.pdf

Is Jose going to get a pass on Sanctions? Even after what HHJBP said in his Order today? The list of improprieties keeps getting longer and longer.....

JB will pay in other ways. He exposed the court insanity in Florida. Worry not JB is hated by one and all in the Florida courts system now. And clients do not hire lawyers that are hated by the courts. Also, picture JB applying for a license to work in other States. And their answer to that request after they stop laughing. Oh yes, "other ways" will nail JB's sorry *advertiser censored*. Count on it.

...ABC News with guest legal analyst Joe Episcipo--on baez and the judgeP smack-down) :

"you can't decieve the court------the Bar could open an inquiry into this...."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3AsdrMS4EM"]Casey Anthony must serve check fraud probation in Orlando - YouTube[/ame]

Unfortunately, these investigations will probably come to nothing. The Bar is a self-regulating body and they rarely criticize their own. My experience, anyway.

I hope they realize (self-regulating Bar) that they are under the microscope in this case. What they allow to slide will reflect not only on them but the legal system in the State of Florida.

Here are a few letters sent by an organization (Committee to Expose Dishonest/Incompetent Attorneys/Judges/Public Officials) to the Bar and Chief Justice and HHJP regarding Jose Beaz:

Letter to Orlando Judge Belvin Perry re: conduct of Atty. Jose Baez in Anthony trial
http://www.noethics.net/News/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1850:letter-to-orlando-judge-belvin-perry-re-conduct-of-atty-jose-baez-in-anthony-trial&catid=35:attorney-misfits&Itemid=54

Ethics Complaint v Casey Anthony Attorneys Jose Baez & James Mason to the Florida Bar
http://www.noethics.net/News/index....es-mason-&catid=35:attorney-misfits&Itemid=54

Letter to Chief Justice Canady re: misconduct of Atty. Jose Baez during Anthony trial
http://www.noethics.net/News/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1853:letter-to-chief-justice-canady-re-misconduct-of-atty-jose-baez-during-anthony-trial&catid=35:attorney-misfits&Itemid=54

:rocker:

Will HHJP hold true to dealing with Jose Baez's discovery violations after this verdict?

If so, could this mean the end of his career even though Casey has been found Not Guilty?

I haven't been following as much but has anyone heard if Judge Perry dealt with the discovery violations?

I haven't been following as much but has anyone heard if Judge Perry dealt with the discovery violations?

I don't think so. If he has, it has not been reported in the mainstream media. I hope JB's latest conduct will jumpstart all of the complaints.

Maybe the Judge will order Baez to Have Casey babysit for baez for a few weeks. I mean after all he knows he got a murdere off.:crazy:

Did I miss something?

Who is she going to babysit at the Baez house?
Baez's daughter is in her 20's...

There is Jose Garcia(former DT member) who's wife had a baby during the time Casey was in jail.

Did I miss something?

There is Jose Garcia(former DT member) who's wife had a baby during the time Casey was in jail.

IIRC, JB's wife gave birth to his 2nd child during jury selection.

Did I miss something?

That was in 2010. JB's wife just had a baby. Nothing was ever released whether it was a girl or boy but I'm sure he wants no press releases about his child. It has been very hush, hush. jmo

Here are a few letters sent by an organization (Committee to Expose Dishonest/Incompetent Attorneys/Judges/Public Officials) to the Bar and Chief Justice and HHJP regarding Jose Beaz:

Letter to Orlando Judge Belvin Perry re: conduct of Atty. Jose Baez in Anthony trial
http://www.noethics.net/News/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1850:letter-to-orlando-judge-belvin-perry-re-conduct-of-atty-jose-baez-in-anthony-trial&catid=35:attorney-misfits&Itemid=54

Ethics Complaint v Casey Anthony Attorneys Jose Baez & James Mason to the Florida Bar
http://www.noethics.net/News/index....es-mason-&catid=35:attorney-misfits&Itemid=54

Letter to Chief Justice Canady re: misconduct of Atty. Jose Baez during Anthony trial
http://www.noethics.net/News/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1853:letter-to-chief-justice-canady-re-misconduct-of-atty-jose-baez-during-anthony-trial&catid=35:attorney-misfits&Itemid=54

:rocker:

I think I love this guy! :loveyou:

That was in 2010. JB's wife just had a baby. Nothing was ever released whether it was a girl or boy but I'm sure he wants no press releases about his child. It has been very hush, hush. jmo

Do you have a link to this information?

Do you have a link to this information?

There is no reliable link because this all happened during jury selection. JB had to leave and the judge excused everyone for the day. It was reported he left because his wife was in the hospital having their baby. That was the last we heard of it. Since then it has been mentioned in some of the threads here from information posters have heard from the media. So there are no reliable links, just comments. jmo

Huh? I thought it was Jose Garcia's wife that had the baby...

There is no reliable link because this all happened during jury selection. JB had to leave and the judge excused everyone for the day. It was reported he left because his wife was in the hospital having their baby. That was the last we heard of it. Since then it has been mentioned in some of the threads here from information posters have heard from the media. So there are no reliable links, just comments. jmo

Didn't Baez jeer later saying that everyone was tweeting that he was quitting or was fired when he simply wasn't feeling well? When the reporter caught JB and his wife at the airport a month or so ago, she sure didn't look like she'd recently had a baby - didn't look like she'd had one ever.

Then its just a rumor. I don't believe there is any information as to why Baez left jury selection that day.

Okay...
The only thing I read about Baez's wife being allegedly pregnant was from,iirc, R Hornsby in a WS post iirc, when we were posting as to why Baez left one day during jury selection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back