Potential Suspects and Persons of Interest

My sister was very close friend with Dolores Marie "Dee" Davis that was married to Raymond Rudolf Mileski, they called him Ray. Dolores brother Bob David was married to my sister Loretta. Dee, as she was known by, told my sister several times that she though Ray was trying to kill her. she said that all the lug nuts on her car were all loose, and braking problems stoping.

My sister was very close friend with Dolores Marie "Dee" Davis that was married to Raymond Rudolf Mileski, they called him Ray. Dolores brother Bob David was married to my sister Loretta. Dee, as she was known by, told my sister several times that she though Ray was trying to kill her. she said that all the lug nuts on her car were all loose, and braking problems stoping.

Well, Ray Mileski certainly did manage to kill his wife, Dolores, as well as their 18 year old son Raymond Jr. He was convicted of both murders and spent the rest of his life in prison.

It will always be a mystery as to whether he actually had anything to do with the disappearance of the Lyon sisters - if he had any first hand knowledge about their abductor(s) - or if he was only lying about it all.

Tonyelvis: do you have any pictures of Ray Mileski Sr. He seems like a bit of a ghost...

I have always wondered if Mileski resembled the sketch of Tape Recorder Man (TRM).
Richard, I cannot find a younger picture of him, but here is a comparison to Mileski's older brother. Albeit circumstantial.

Attachments

• older brother of Mileski vs TRM.jpg
    older brother of Mileski vs TRM.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 94
It would also be nice to see a photo of Marvin Pierce Peele II. Mileski reportedly knew and implicated him in the Lyon sisters case. He had a long criminal record and was arrested several times, so his photo must be available somewhere.

Here is what I found in a 1988 arrest record from either Prince Georges County, Maryland or Arlington, Virginia (not clear in the on line record). Peele lived mostly in Prince Georges County, Maryland but moved around a lot.

Other arrests and charges included Assault and Battery, Kidnapping, and other violent acts. Peele is now dead.
--------------------------------------------------------
Name: Marvin Pierce Peele (II)
Sex: M
DOB: 03/17/1945
Height: 6' 3" Weight: 235
Race: White
Hair Color:
Hair Length:
Eye Color: Blue eyes
Picture unavailable.

Inmate Information
Marital Status: DIVORCED

Incarceration Information
Current Location: MAIN
Commitment Date: 12/05/1988
Release Date: 12/09/1988 19:15
Detainer Information
There is no detainer information for this inmate.

Bond Information
Case #: CR066347E1 Amount: $1,000.00 Status: Posted By: Post Date: 12/06/1988

Charge Information
Case # Offense Date Code Description Grade Degree
CR066347E1 12/05/1988 02901 DEST OF PROPERTY

LINK:
MARVIN PIERCE PEELE Inmate 12361409: Princegeorge County Jail near Arlington, MD

Richard, I cannot find a younger picture of him, but here is a comparison to Mileski's older brother. Albeit circumstantial.

The photo of Mileski's brother certainly does resemble the TRM sketch. Did he live in Prince Georges County or Montgomery County in 1975?

Do you have a photo of Raymond "Ray" Mileski? There should be arrest photos of him from his earlier burglary arrests and from his November 1977 arrest for murdering his wife and son in Prince Georges County, Maryland.

Even a later date prison photo of him would be good to compare with that of his brother and the Tape Recorder Man sketch.

When information was put out concerning Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. regarding his connection and guilt in the case of the missing Lyon Sisters, one was left with the strong feeling that he was only part of a larger group of criminals who were responsible for the girls' abduction and eventual murders.

The potential "Mileski Connection" was made known to Law Enforcement (LE) investigators as early as 1982 when MCP dug some test holes in the back yard of the former Mileski home in Suitland, Maryland.

There are two rather clear casts of characters involved, with some connections and cross-overs between the two groups.

The first would be the gang or "organization" who abducted the girls, and the second would be various family members of Lloyd Welch who belatedly worked for and against the investigation.

Other persons of interest would be criminal contacts of Welch, Mileski, Peele, and other principal gang members, who knew of their criminal activities both related directly to, and indirectly with the Lyon case.

Other similar missing child cases have been mentioned and discussed in these threads. While certainly not all of them are connected, it is not only possible, but likely that some of them are interconnected with the Lyon case. An organized effort to abduct and exploit children did not operate for the sole purpose of targeting Sheila and Katherine Lyon. There were others.

Because of the huge media effort to cover the Missing Lyon Sisters story, the girls immediately became a hot potato for anyone connected with their abduction, and efforts to distance themselves from the crime became a top priority for the perpetrators.

A week after their disappearance, two separate sketches of possible suspects were obtained by MCP detectives. One (Tape Recorder Man or TRM) was made public through newspapers and TV newscasts. The other (Long Haired Man or LHM) was kept secret by MCP for nearly 40 years. The sketches were made following two separate eyewitness descriptions of separate unknown individuals seen with or near the Lyon Sisters at Wheaton Plaza on 25 March 1975.

On 1 April 1975, the Washington Post and Washington Star, as well as local Washington DC television stations came out with two stories. One was about the Tape Recorder Man seen talking with the girls and the other was about a $7,000 reward being offered for the arrest of the person responsible for the girls disappearance and safe return of the girls.

That morning, Lloyd Welch, Jr. announced to his mother and girlfriend that he might try to get that reward and that afternoon, he went to Wheaton Plaza, approached a uniformed Mall Security Guard and claimed to have first hand knowledge of the crime. Montgomery County Police were called in and they interviewed Welch, obtaining his personal information and home address in the process. At that time, Welch was claiming that he had seen a person, who looked like the TRM sketch putting the girls in his car. He did not claim to have been part of the abduction, however. Dismissing his story as a lie and Welch as the idiot that he was, he was sent off and the report filed along with the hundreds of other tips coming in.

Following Welch's abortive attempt to claim the reward, the Lyon family started to receive phone calls from a man claiming to have information and demanding ten thousand dollars ransom for the girls' return. The caller was never identified and the calls were dismissed as a cruel hoax. But was it possible that they were made by Welch?

Even after Welch was contacted in a Delaware prison in 2013, he attempted to implicate others in the abduction and murder of the girls.

He was eventually convicted (after guilty pleas), but questions remain. The girls' bodies have never been found.

Back when I began researching the case of the missing Lyon Sisters, I found a Washington Post article (on microfilm) on the arrest of Raymond Rudolph "Ray" Miliski who in November 1977 murdered his wife and oldest son.

In the same section of the Post was another story about the arrest of a suspect in the abduction, rape, and murder of two nine year old boys in Maryland. That person was Ellwood Leroy Leuschner, age 45. Leuschner was eventually convicted of both murders and spent the rest of his life in prison. He had an extensive criminal record of sex crimes and crimes against children in California before he turned up in Maryland.

Although there is probably only coincidence in the fact that both Mileski and Leuschner were both caught in Maryland in the same month, and both were convicted of multiple murders, one has to wonder if there was any connection between the two - or if there was any connection with either one and all of the unsolved abductions and murders of the 1975 - 1977 timeframe.

Here is a link to Leuschner's thread in the Serial Killer section of websleuths:

MD - MD/CA - ELLWOOD LEROY LEUSCHNER serial rapist and murderer

Back when I began researching the case of the missing Lyon Sisters, I found a Washington Post article (on microfilm) on the arrest of Raymond Rudolph "Ray" Miliski who in November 1977 murdered his wife and oldest son.

In the same section of the Post was another story about the arrest of a suspect in the abduction, rape, and murder of two nine year old boys in Maryland. That person was Ellwood Leroy Leuschner, age 45. Leuschner was eventually convicted of both murders and spent the rest of his life in prison. He had an extensive criminal record of sex crimes and crimes against children in California before he turned up in Maryland.

Although there is probably only coincidence in the fact that both Mileski and Leuschner were both caught in Maryland in the same month, and both were convicted of multiple murders, one has to wonder if there was any connection between the two - or if there was any connection with either one and all of the unsolved abductions and murders of the 1975 - 1977 timeframe.

Here is a link to Leuschner's thread in the Serial Killer section of websleuths:

MD - MD/CA - ELLWOOD LEROY LEUSCHNER serial rapist and murderer

If I may Richard, in your linked post on Leuschner; mentioned he was “sentenced again for a subsequent forgery and for the rape of a 12 year old girl. In that incident, he dressed in priest's clothing and asked the little girl to help him bring some packages into a church. When he got her in the church, he raped her.” and “Leuschner's known victims were male and female children ages 9 to 12, his manner of approach and deception, and his way of burying the bodies in remote areas”

What grabs my attention is
1. “he (Leuschner) dressed in in priest’s clothing” compare this to LLW’s statement of a minister being in his “group” that abducted young victims in multiple murders-
2. "Leuschner worked at the Campbell’s Soup in Salisbury MD"
Of interest to me because canning food produce was one of the main industries in Bedford VA at the time, and there's a question who lies under many unmarked graves up in Thaxton on the former “Welch” property. Not to mention the another recent "find" of body parts related to possible multiple deaths of young girls crossing the Maryland and Virginia borders.

I agree this pedophile should be considered a “prime suspect in some of the unsolved murders and missing child cases of 1974 thru 1977” credit: Richard’s Posts 9-26-2004 and also found on above link provided by your recent post on Ellwood L. Leuschner

My sister was very close friend with Dolores Marie "Dee" Davis that was married to Raymond Rudolf Mileski, they called him Ray. Dolores brother Bob David was married to my sister Loretta. Dee, as she was known by, told my sister several times that she though Ray was trying to kill her. she said that all the lug nuts on her car were all loose, and braking problems stopping.

Here is a photo of Dolores "Dee" (Davis) Mileski and two of her sons, Raymond Jr. and Karl taken in the mid 1960's. Dolores and Raymond were murdered by Ray Mileski, Sr. with a high power rifle in the basement of their home on 19 November 1977.
Delores “Dee” Davis Mileski
BIRTH 26 Aug 1942
DEATH 19 Nov 1977 (aged 35)
Suitland, Prince George's County, Maryland, USA

LINK:

Delores “Dee” Davis Mileski (1942-1977) - Find A...

... “Leuschner's known victims were male and female children ages 9 to 12, his manner of approach and deception, and his way of burying the bodies in remote areas”

What grabs my attention is
1. “he (Leuschner) dressed in in priest’s clothing” compare this to LLW’s statement of a minister being in his “group” that abducted young victims in multiple murders-
2. "Leuschner worked at the Campbell’s Soup in Salisbury MD"...
I agree this pedophile should be considered a “prime suspect in some of the unsolved murders and missing child cases of 1974 thru 1977” ...

The strongest points that could be made regarding Leuschner's possible connection with the disappearance of the Lyon Sisters are these:

- He was a known/convicted repeat offender against children of both sexes.

- He did abduct and (in at least two cases) murder children in Maryland.

- He had family in Maryland. A brother lived in the Baltimore area, and a niece of his lived on Maryland's eastern shore. She was interviewed by LE at the time of his October 31 1977 arrest and was the source of information regarding his California criminal record.

- Leuschner may have had a partner in some of his California activities - he had a younger brother who was constantly in trouble with authorities and who apparently went by an alias. Whether or not his brother joined him in Maryland is not known.

Well.... I have just finished listening to The Last Stone. And I have more questions than answers! It must be so frustrating for the detectives and the Lyon family.

I don't think LLW acted alone. I believe other family members were involved but I don't think we'll ever get the truth.

As for Mileski, if I remember rightly LLW said he may have had a lift from him one upon a time. I don't think much more was said about connection between the two after that. I suppose we'll never know :(

In the book "The Last Stone", it should be noted that initially investigators wanted to learn if Lee Lloyd Welch, Jr. had information for them on Raymond Mileski. Mileski had appeared on their radar a number of times as a potential suspect in the Lyon Case. He could very well have been involved in the girls' abduction and subsequent murders.

As mentioned at the end of the book, there were huge legal problems with the final "confession" of Welch. He had contradicted every single element of his final statement during earlier interviews, and it could be correctly argued that everything he said in the end had been "fed" to him by investigators over the course of their long and painful interviews with him. In the end, a plea deal in exchange for Welch pleaing guilty was probably the best they could do. This, unfortunately, left many questions unanswered.

In particular, just what was Mileski's connection? And who were the others involved? The biggest question is: Where are the girls' bodies?

The biggest question is: Where are the girls' bodies?[/QUOTE]

I agree. Personally, I don't think Bedford County LE deserves a pat on the back. Losing a tooth only a day after finding it? Unforgiveable. It has always bothered me that "everyone on the mountain" smelled death when that fire was burning, except for anyone in law enforcement. Why? Because they never drove up there, because they were too afraid? Give me a break. I'd love to know how many relatives of LE live on that mountain - past and present. And I believe about 12% of anything Patty Welch (the daughter) says. Her and her stupid, "What happens on the mountain STAYS on the mountain." Ok, great, Patty, then tell us what happened if you're an insider. Tell us what you know that "stays on the mountain." Tell us about incest in your family, or your dad's *advertiser censored* obsession. She acts like there's so much going on, but, you know, she's never been a part of it. And her mom's never been part of it. And dad never had a part in it. Riiiiight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back